* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Something not to do  (Read 16763 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Something not to do
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
But you missed that there will be some 'features' that are available through buying with real money... as another pillar for the cost of hosting the site I suppose... :-\
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Quote

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 02:39:17 AM »
You can do it like sven-co op.

If you give:
Any amount: you can make your name into a different color (something simple to show that this person donated
5dollars: You get this awesome, reusable, pokeball thing (You know the thing you attach to your pokeball so when you send them out it pops out with smoke and prettyness)
10 dollars: You get an epic jacket or cape or something.

And from then on there's nothing. perhaps a star for every 10 next to their Trainer ID, to indicate how much of a donater this person is.

This way you're not giving them much, just kind of showing "This person donated"
Then again that might be too much too. Perhaps any form of "giving" may become illegal.

I agree with FrenchFry too.
Any form of mall is bad. Even if you go for a "maplestory" format to where all you can get is cloathing.

Then you have all these standards, and this guy is blaring looking as epic as gary in a "holy poop this guy is too epic for my epic goggles i'mma goin blind" fashion.
Those people grow to obtain an E-Penis, and become complete assholes.
You also just feel bad standing next to them, even if you aren't being demeaned by them.

I mean that's how real life works. If you have this person who's standing next to you who's Hot/Handsome with this Epic body and great outfit you're going to feel....well meager.

I would rather not succumb players to almost "needing" something. That's kind of why i like the "jacket, name plate, and pokeball flash thing."

It's nothing too flashy, it's nothing huge, it's just a:
"Oh cool he donated" kind of feel. I mean when I stand next to a guy with an electric crowbar in sven co-op with double golden uzi's I don't feel any less of a player. Why? Because it's so simple.

That's the only way I could see donating being ok, though, but as I stated before I don't know if even that is "illegal"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:44:45 AM by Quote »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
Not really as grey as you would think. Donating, of your own free will and without reward, is fairly standard. If we start offering things in exchange for these donations, we have done the equivalent of an equal trade. Which, by all means and standards, is us selling a product.

It may be slightly grey, but it would definitely be clear cut enough for an action to be taken.
^^That.

Offline Quote

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »
Not really as grey as you would think. Donating, of your own free will and without reward, is fairly standard. If we start offering things in exchange for these donations, we have done the equivalent of an equal trade. Which, by all means and standards, is us selling a product.

It may be slightly grey, but it would definitely be clear cut enough for an action to be taken.
^^That.

Yeah that's what I was basing my "it might still be illegal" situation on.

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »
I'm very much with the idea of just showing people, that you donated, but not acually getting any advantages.  Oh, and seals (the sparkly pokeball things) should be avalible to everyone, just those, wo donated could get maybe more advanced or diffrent ones.
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Quote

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »
I'm very much with the idea of just showing people, that you donated, but not acually getting any advantages.  Oh, and seals (the sparkly pokeball things) should be avalible to everyone, just those, wo donated could get maybe more advanced or diffrent ones.
Well I kind of meant it in that way. A special one that a person who donates would get.

Then again that still leads to the slight thought of "trade" which might be illegal.

Offline Passive

• Beginning Trainer
  • just listen // and watch the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 01:08:27 AM »
We can't have an item mall to buy poke-outfits or advantages with real money; we got that covered.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but about donations.
Donating is us helping out and supporting PU
Donating is gifting or contributing so we shouldn't and must not get anything in return.
There is no "too much" or "too little", I think if PU returns anything other than text and thank yous, it is considered a trade.  In other words, I don't think people in game should be able to see that they donated.

Donations is about gifting, contributing and helping out.  People donate to support.
PU cannot make people want to donate to receive anything in return, otherwise it's trading or buying.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »
We can't have an item mall to buy poke-outfits or advantages with real money; we got that covered.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but about donations.
Donating is us helping out and supporting PU
Donating is gifting or contributing so we shouldn't and must not get anything in return.
There is no "too much" or "too little", I think if PU returns anything other than text and thank yous, it is considered a trade.  In other words, I don't think people in game should be able to see that they donated.

Donations is about gifting, contributing and helping out.  People donate to support.
PU cannot make people want to donate to receive anything in return, otherwise it's trading or buying.
Chh... There is, apparently, one thing that's allowed. In 'da forums', contributors get purple nametags. Apparently changing the color of their nametag is the little leeway that's allowed. A-but I'm no lawyer.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 05:04:16 PM »
Every MMO I've played has stuff you can buy with real money. This does cause an imbalance, but it also helps pay for the game. As long as it doesn't keep you from fully playing the game, I'm all right with it.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »

Okay, Read this again..

See the Bold?

1st one: No profit is gained, The only place the money goes, is toward the game, not The PU Team, not ourselves

2nd one: Once Players get benefits, from either paying, Donating, etc. Nintendo/Game Freak will pull the plug via Lawsuit, and it would end as a waste.

The only thing PU's Money is for, it comes out as the game, THats All.

Seriously, stop, Im not going to repeat myself.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »
Ok, I'm really not sure whether this will make you happy but... until the game is released, I'm finding two sorts of... contradictions. On one side, the 'no payable features' with real money, on the other side, there will be 'payable features' with real money. However, it was said that the features won't be 'crucial in the game.

http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,184.msg6826.html#msg6826

Okay, if this post is in anyway 'bad', feel free to delete it.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 03:39:50 AM »
Ok, I'm really not sure whether this will make you happy but... until the game is released, I'm finding two sorts of... contradictions. On one side, the 'no payable features' with real money, on the other side, there will be 'payable features' with real money. However, it was said that the features won't be 'crucial in the game.

...Well how the twinkie does that work out?

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 04:03:06 AM »

Fret not. Even if there are payable features in the game, there is always the balance team. So there's nothing really to worry about.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »

...Well how the twinkie does that work out?

That's what I'm trying to figure out...

Quote from: ghostman
Fret not. Even if there are payable features in the game, there is always the balance team. So there's nothing really to worry about.

I'm not really worried about it. I'm just trying to know which part of it is true. I found two different answers from the Team (though Raikt's answer was after the one of Kam's) and was trying to 'answer' the question as to whether payable features will be available or not.

I don't really care whether the people able to pay will get huge bonuses or not, it's just the question of 'will it be implemented or not'. But for the time being, I think that there will be payable features.

Offline jedite1000

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
Maybe having rewards from real currency that doesnt effect a battle or something

maybe have rewards like clothes for you avatar or something that you can display without effecting battles