* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Downtown area  (Read 3215 times)

Offline MacNutt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Downtown area
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:45:12 AM »
By adding different and fresh backgrounds, it makes the game seem more fresh and new. I was thinking it would be cool to make a Downtown in this game. Pokemon includes a lot of exploring (which is cool) but don't you think that an all-in-one would make things easier. For example you want to buy something hard to find and you do not know what specific location or area it is located in :o. The Downtown area could contain all of these specific items and with the danger of having some Pokemon Gangs suddenly attack you it could give more access to many side-quests as well! Add some jazzy music and some street lights along with many buildings and you may get yourselves a hit location :D.   

Offline TrainerReacts

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Downtown area
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »
Thats a good and a bad idea at the same time you know. But what kind of items are "hard" to find? And are they important? Thats what you have to think about. If the items are important (players use it a lot) then the downtown is a great idea because like you say, they are hard to find. Its also a good idea you mentioned that some gangs may attack, that leads to more quests like you said and adds story to your journey so yeah its a good idea.

One thing, because the items are hard to find, if the downtown is going to be created the prices should be a bit high ;]

You don't want everything easy because it takes the fun out of the game so having a downtown would make it easier if the items are hard to find, the owner/developers have a reason for it don't you think?

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 06:09:31 AM »
It could be like the centre point of the game were you start. Like a big bustling pallet town!
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »
On the other side, do you think it'll be an easy thing to do for the team, making pokemon gangs which can suddenly decide to challenge you to a battle?

Don't forget it's an MMORPG, and what about the other trainers who will get in the downtown? Say about 5 gets challenged, while the 100 (not to say 500) others get to have the other 'precious' items? I don't think so...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline TrainerReacts

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:30:21 PM »
well assuming the downtown works like a regular pokemarket... where you go and buy stuff this should be no different (the way to buy things i mean) so you just go to the market and buy whatever you looking for...

and if its not like that then its probably not good hehe
well it might be hard for the team but hey.... in order to have a successful game sometimes the team must take on the challenge of hard stuff ;]

oh and about the gang challenging players.... i think McNutt made it clear. Having pokegangs WITH the danger of SUNDDENLY attacking-- he never said all the time nor all players (but if there ARE pokegangs then all players should get challenged at least once?!) so it would be like a player walking on grass and wild pokemon appear and there... a battle starts..

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:45 PM »
Well if you actually mean CPU operated gangs, there has to be a rule first but if it is run by a player, I would disagree to this. And I apparently don't know what to add on but once again, CPU operation is truly fine. But this would have to wait till Beta is truly out.

For truth, the idea concept isn't rather bad but there are some pros and cons behind it if it becomes big.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »
But then, if I follow what would be in the Downtown area, then any player would be able to get the 'rare' items easily. If it were to be difficult, the gang should be appearing often, or else, there would be absolutely no difficulty to get those 'rare' items.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...