* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Battle City!!!  (Read 4713 times)

Offline tomgregory200

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Battle City!!!
« on: June 09, 2010, 07:14:47 AM »
after reading the forum, and find out there will not be player controlled gym i was a little disapointed, however i have got this idea,

on the map there is a city called battle city and in this city there is a pokemon center and battle buildings, no pokemon market,

now in each building there will be one battle field,

and each building will have a different battle field,

for example you could have a cave battle field,
water, fire, grass, Forrest, snow,

now different battle fields will have an effect on pokemon depending on the pokemon type.

each battle field will be a 1 trainer v 1 trainer the winner get's to stay on and there pokemon get a full heal after each battle, also the winner gets to decide what type of battle for example

1) 1 v 1 pokemon sudden death
2) 1 v 1 pokemon, each trainers  can use up to 2 pokemon
3) 1 v 1 pokemon, each trainers  can use up to 3 pokemon
4)1 v 1 pokemon, each trainers  can use up to 4 pokemon
5) 1 v 1 pokemon, each trainers  can use up to  5 pokemon
6) 1 v 1 pokemon, each trainer  can use all 6 pokemon

or

7) 2 v 2pokemon, each trainers  can only use 2 pokemon
8) 2 v 2pokemon, each trainers  can only use 3 pokemon
9) 2 v 2pokemon, each trainers  can only use 4  pokemon
10) 2 v 2pokemon, each trainers  can only use 5 pokemon
11) 2 v 2pokemon, each trainers  can  use  all 6 pokemon

now with every win the trainer will get one point and it goes on the battle city leauge table for that battle filed, so we can see who has won the most in a row on that filed.

what do you think?  :o
my role paying team

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle City!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »
Uh, sounds exactly like the "Battle Frontier" in-game. You know about it?
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline tomgregory200

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »
yes but this is not that this is a city, and its my idea, the way u battle the different fields, the winner decides how to the battle goes, you can't do that in the pokemon games
my role paying team

Offline Green

• Beginning Trainer
  • Let's battle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:05:01 AM »
that sounds like a good idea. I guess it gives people a sense of leadership over others.
(\__/)
( -_-)/”)
(,,(”’)(”’) Snorlax rocks.

(banner created by Tealize)

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »
yeah sounds good, a nice way to see who the best are and set records but one thing.
Will these battles count towards xp and trainer level and such because it would be a good way for friends to farm or boost like they do in cod to beat the records. maybe just saying.
And also if you are the undefeated winner could you leave if you are still winning because i can imagine constant battles could get boring. And what happens when the winner logs out does the floor become open or do you have to wait till they come back in?
Anywho good idea

- Buzz -
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »
Yes, it's very much like the battle frontier to me. The battle frontier did cover a large surface area of the game, euqal to that of a city. In Emerald, it occupied a whole island, in Platinum, a whole area (Fight Area) was for the battle frontier, as in HGSS.

You could check the link Battle Frontier if you want more details. It's on the list of implementation, but on the low priority list as said Mr_Dark.

It would be perhaps better if it was held as tournaments (both NPC and PVP mixed, in case there are not enough players to complete the inscription, like if there were a dozen groups of 64 full, but 45 players were left out...) with certain restrictions/rules. Perhaps, we could even introduce new battle facilities :D!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 09:23:19 PM »
The reason I asked is, because like Jerry said, there is already going to be a Battle Frontier styled area in the game. It will include mini-games, battling, tournaments, etc. So, if that is what you meant, then it is already on the priority list. (If not low.)

If you meant something else, elaborate. I intend to frequently host tournaments once the game is up and running. (As often as I can without overdoing it, mind you.) And we can do a king of the hill type system.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline tomgregory200

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 10:17:37 AM »
yes a king of the hill type system, would be great, but the winner decides how the next battle will be like,

And also if you are the undefeated winner could you leave if you are still winning because i can imagine constant battles could get boring. And what happens when the winner logs out does the floor become open or do you have to wait till they come back in?
Anywho good idea

- Buzz -

nope if the winner leaves or steps out the battle filed is open for anyone, and if your there you become king,

also if you step out, next time you step in you start with 1 point.

also a different idea what if the king could change the battle filed as well after each battle,

my role paying team

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 08:20:46 PM »
I like it, sounds good
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline greenCoconut

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
hmm... ofc, we must know who are the best trainer on PU, i think we must add the best team also. so we will have a nice cominity and great competition on PU ;D

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »
hmm... ofc, we must know who are the best trainer on PU, i think we must add the best team also. so we will have a nice cominity and great competition on PU ;D

The best trainer on PU can be vague and that's not really important. But if you mean a competitive pokemon team, you can say that.

As for the idea, Jerry and Raikt has said most of the things. So I will actually doubt Battle Frontier will be renamed as Battle City and I have Emerald. And in Emerald, it actually takes the whole island including 4 or 5 types of battling and a prize area of where you can claim.
As for the finishing part of winning, I prefer points are rewarded and EXP are never effected.
Other than these, this is a duplicate name of Battle Frontier.
However other different fun ideas of competing is glad to be talked here. ^^