* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Aloha Howdy Hoo!  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Vvemoth

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Aloha Howdy Hoo!
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:52:16 AM »
Hi my name is Jake IRL but on the internet I pretend it's this really strange name Vvemoth because I like to be special!

I am a 23 year old male, I have not played very many Pokemon games but I have played a lot of games. Mostly RPG games.

I was really super surprised about how steeped into the rpg world Pokemon is! I was really blown away! I thought it was just a kids game but it's pretty deep! (as far as the rpg elements go, storyline on the other hand...)

I have put about 300 hours and 60 or so dollars of my own money into another Pokemon online game called: Pokemon World Online. Now I am not here to bash anybody elses hard work or game or anything like that, but for my own personal dissapointments I left.

After looking all over the internet for another online Pokemon game I was sorely dissapointed! Many of them had deep rpg strategy but were web-browser based, so I was looking at advertisements the whole time or the interface was just too annoying to bear for hours on end. After almost giving up for a while I found this website, and boy was I ever surprised!

Your game looks really good! I mean really good! I am not a programmer, but I have done some scripting and a lot of modding in the past for other games (Homeworld 2, Morrowind, Oblivion, RPGMakerXV and 2000, Diablo 2, Mass Effect 2) and I can see you have put a lot of work into this! I am anxious to play it and test it out.

I don't know if I can help you guys out in anyway, I wouldn't say I'm the guy your looking for to head important parts of your game. But maybe I can help with some peripherial things! A few small things that need to get done that don't have a quick deadline or something! I could probably learn how to map, or even balance a game once I understood the mechanics (and the balancing a game like Pokemon is a daunting task I'm sure of it).

My IQ hovers around 140, I play piano, catch on certain things slowly but learn them thoroughly. I like to try and be funny, I like stand up comedy. Here's a joke for you guys:

Why don't dinosaurs talk?

Because their all dead! (bwahahah)

I have also walked on the moon, have a superpower that turns off emotions in other people which is useful when your talking to woman, and can do a backflip on the trampolene.

If you think any of these skills are useful to you let me know!

Nice to meet everybody!

-Jake

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
Re: Aloha Howdy Hoo!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:08:10 AM »
Hey, welcome to PU
I like slowpoke.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 09:51:10 AM »
Nice introduction Vvemoth :)

Welcome to PU! :)

I hope you'll enjoy your time here!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »
Well, if you do want to help PU, there is a donations page under support in the top yellow bar.
Donations make us happy  :D
And Welcome to PU!
A good introduction, but I hope you follow through by being active on the forums as well as IRC/Webchat (Same thing pretty much)

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »
Welcome to PU!

( I play piano too!)
sup

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39:53 PM »
I know an even better joke.
...So I'm at the office, and I say to the woman working nearest to me, "Hey, pass me the stapler, but make sure there are staples in it, because if there aren't, I can't staple anything!"

Anyways, if you want to help, you can always bring fresh ideas to the "Ideas and Suggestions" forum. But for the love of god, please, please, PLEASE use the search bar before making a new thread. If it hasn't been mentioned anywhere yet, you're free to make a new thread. the staff also urges people to join them on IRC if they have any questions. You should join them on IRC if you have any questions.