* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 10061 times)

Offline Yoshui_Bei_Fong

• Beginning Trainer
  • Proud member of the 501st legion
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »
*Sigh* another DS that I have to get rid of my DS lite to get, or I could save money to get it, either way I want it (I like the black one it matches my Lite)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 11:28:37 PM »
I'm waiting to buy the 3DS now instead of buying a dsi. I agree with a lot of you, the DS is the only thing nintendo has really going for them right now, most everone I know that owns a wii doesn't and hasn't touched it for a long time.

I use Mine all the time, even as Im writing this
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Raktoner

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 03:12:19 PM »
I don't really see this as "just another DS" considering how it's a next-gen handhold (they mentioned backward compatibility with regular DS, meaning that 3DS games won't work on a regular DS, meaning that it's a different hand held completely). Sure it's based on the DS and sure they're pretty much the same, but it's not "just another DS (that everybody wants anyways)."

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
ill probably buy it eventually once i am unable to play pokemon on my ds lite because of new games
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
I'll be getting it for sure, if not just for the Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid 3 remakes. A new Kingdom Hearts really helps it too, since I've been a big fan for a good while now. I just wish that the nest Pokemon gen would be featured on it. Doesn't make much sense to leave it on the DS now that all the hype for 3DS has started.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »
I'll be getting it for sure, if not just for the Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid 3 remakes. A new Kingdom Hearts really helps it too, since I've been a big fan for a good while now. I just wish that the nest Pokemon gen would be featured on it. Doesn't make much sense to leave it on the DS now that all the hype for 3DS has started.

If they left Black and White on 3DS, they would be shutting out more fans, not everyone who wants Them will get a 3DS.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
Pokemon Black and White will be playable on old DS' as well as on the new 3DS.
However, in the future, new games will only be available for the 3DS.

In corporation eyes this is clever, because that eventually everyone will need a 3DS to play the new games and therefore the corporation will make more money.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »
Pokemon Black and White will be playable on old DS' as well as on the new 3DS.
However, in the future, new games will only be available for the 3DS.

In corporation eyes this is clever, because that eventually everyone will need a 3DS to play the new games and therefore the corporation will make more money.

Just like the Game Boy-DS Transfer.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 12:59:13 AM »
I think they are making too many unnecessary DS's. The DS lite made it so you could change the light, and made the DS a little smaller. Then there was the DSi, which is just a DS you can use to take crappy pictures and go online. Laptops can go online faster and with a bigger screen, and you can do so much more with them. Then they made the XL, which seems like another desperate attempt to make a better DS. The 3DS sounds cool, and I'm sure I'll end up getting one, but it seems like they need something else, something..  Awesome, to improve the DS enough so that when I see a commercial, I will say "I want that"

I'm still using the original DS I got about 4 years ago, and I'm not going to bother with a new one until I need to get the 3DS to play the games I want to play.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
Yes, I didn't too much bother to obtain the DSi and the XL because there weren't the slots to migrate pokemon :P

But now that I migrated all that I wanted, plus HGSS contain many pokemon that are otherwise only obtainable through migration, I can have the new 3DS without much to left behind.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Eulogy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Name is Taylor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 10:59:14 PM »
Dang, this sounds pretty good! I'm kinda excited now!
Love the person, hate the sin.

Offline Gold

• Beginning Trainer
  • 10 geek points if you know the spell is Ereshkigal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 02:37:33 PM »
I'm waiting to buy the 3DS now instead of buying a dsi. I agree with a lot of you, the DS is the only thing nintendo has really going for them right now, most everone I know that owns a wii doesn't and hasn't touched it for a long time.

The wii has a pretty good line up of games. I am super pumped for skyward sword, and other M. I don't even own a wii. My friends have Wiis and they use them frequently. The wii is more of a party system them.

As for the 3DS, I cannot wait. As long as they make it backwards compatible I will be happy with it and probablly buy it within 2 weeks of it being released.
~A New Life~