* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated  (Read 96179 times)

Offline Pika

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 02:30:11 PM »
     One of the most annoying things in Pokemon is the fact that the HMs are terrible! You also have to teach them to your main pokemon, with almost no way to get rid of them. That, and the fact that the wild pokemon are so weak in HG and SS makes me mad. I have nowhere to train my pidgeyotto and other pokemon before the 8th gym. Now I have to over-train my machamp and gyarados on gravelers, giving them the defense EVs that I don't want. Now I'm mad because my brother is going to beat the game before me, when I was 3 gyms ahead of him >:(

Offline zrper

• Beginning Trainer
  • profile pic by amphy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2010, 12:26:45 AM »
and guess what? your bro will be so shocked when he finds out that HGSS has 16 gyms. ;D

Uh-huh

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
I hate finding a shiny pokemon and then realizing I don't have any pokeballs.

Oh, I hate to find a shiny pokemon and the latter uses a self killing move like selfdestruct or curse (ghost) before I land a move to bring it to critical HP...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline roemermw

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2010, 12:19:08 PM »
I really, really hate how the AI would just use moves at random.  Sure, it's easier sometimes but it would be a lot more challenging if it at least had some system where it attacked based on your pokemon type, limited non-damaging stat boost/decrease moves, and never did moves that literally did nothing (electric attack on ground pokemon, both pokemon in a dual battle using helping hand, etc.).

Offline Neona

• Beginning Trainer
  • Girl Gamer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 04:53:17 AM »
I hate how ridiculous Ho-oh is to catch,my friend had HeartGold we had gone through all of our poke'balls we didn't wanna use the masterballs...but we had to use one... :-\ so now she's going through diamond to transfer the masterball...over...and over...and over...
RAWR

-An intelligence test sometimes shows a man how smart he would have been not to have taken it.

-By definition, gay is smart. I see plenty of macho heterosexual idiots, but nine times out of 10 you can have a great conversation if you find a gay guy-

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2010, 10:32:51 AM »
Well, she could have soft reset the game, then make another attempt to catch Ho-oh. Masterballs are rarely necessary. Perhaps you'll need one only for Suicune or Latias in HG, but even then, they're not that necessary.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline sym

• Beginning Trainer
  • run for my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 03:18:28 PM »
yesterday i restarted my soulsilver game (well i tried to) i just started a new game thinking i could save the game over the other one and i got like half was through johto and then i decided to save lol. but then i realised that i had to press those buttons down in a certain way on the menu screen! i was so pissed and i havnt played since!
dolphins eat little children!

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »
Well, the reason they do that is to make sure your stupid sister doesn't save over your extremely good file. That did happen to one of my friends twice back when Gameboy games were popular.

Offline sym

• Beginning Trainer
  • run for my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 04:42:56 PM »
Well, the reason they do that is to make sure your stupid sister doesn't save over your extremely good file. That did happen to one of my friends twice back when Gameboy games were popular.

good point...
dolphins eat little children!

Offline Xayne

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 05:34:02 PM »
My worst tiff in the Pokemon games was Nurse Joy when you healed your Pokemon. I had some seriously psychological problems when she would say "We hope to see you again!". It's like, does she WANT our Pokemon to be dead, asleep, paralyzed, frozen, burned, or poisoned?! I'm so glad they changed it in HGSS. My mental crisis is over.

I also hate the stones/items issue. One Shiny/Dusk stone, 2 Pokemon to evolve it with. One Metal Coat, 2 Pokemon to evolve it with. I WANT BOTH, MAN.

Offline Neona

• Beginning Trainer
  • Girl Gamer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
Well, she could have soft reset the game, then make another attempt to catch Ho-oh. Masterballs are rarely necessary. Perhaps you'll need one only for Suicune or Latias in HG, but even then, they're not that necessary.

yes,we did that...about 5 times...
RAWR

-An intelligence test sometimes shows a man how smart he would have been not to have taken it.

-By definition, gay is smart. I see plenty of macho heterosexual idiots, but nine times out of 10 you can have a great conversation if you find a gay guy-

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 06:12:38 PM »
Well, start again and again ;)

Offline NostawDNA

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
I hated the freakin dark caves and the flash HM they r the most pointless things
wise men talk cause they have someing to say , fools talk cause they have to say something

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
My worst tiff in the Pokemon games was Nurse Joy when you healed your Pokemon. I had some seriously psychological problems when she would say "We hope to see you again!". It's like, does she WANT our Pokemon to be dead, asleep, paralyzed, frozen, burned, or poisoned?! I'm so glad they changed it in HGSS. My mental crisis is over.
It's not that she wanted them to be hurt, it's that she wanted you to come back if your pokemon were hurt instead of leaving them in pain.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »
The team rocket never really had any motivation to being evil other than every npc I talked to said "they use pokemon for evil"

How do they use pokemon for evil? Other than silph co. takeover and radio tower takeover, there was never really any "evil" acts until RSE.

Also, the battle attacks. i understand that they can't do anything special in the gb/gba/ds games because the handhelds just lack the power, but when on GC or Wii, can't you have the attack animations be, for the lack of a better word, more realistic?

If I use bite, or crunch, why don't they actually bite them?
Its not like they're really adding that much more to the games anymore, why can't they start to make the animations not look like theyre standing there literally the entire time?

Use a fire attack on a grass type, have small embers on the pokemon or something.
When you use something like dig or earthquake, maybe have the area take some heat?
When you use something like sky uppercut, actually punch the damn pokemon in the face and, I don't know, have an animation of the enemy launching them?
Maybe have the pokemon move around a little, FFXIII did it, the people and enemies wander and move, even though its(pretty much) turn based combat.

What the hell are the studios doing to take up all their time to make games? Not this obviously
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.