* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Halo: Reach. Good or bad?  (Read 13971 times)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Re: Halo: Reach. Good or bad?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 12:49:01 AM »
Only gold memeberships allow online multiplayer, as well as group chat rooms with friends for up to 8 people. Gold memberships also have access to Gold exclusive sales and downloads. Sometimes, you can also get access to beta's with a gold membership, I remember the demo for resident Evil 5 allowed co-op if you had a gold membership just as an example.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
Only gold memeberships allow online multiplayer, as well as group chat rooms with friends for up to 8 people. Gold memberships also have access to Gold exclusive sales and downloads. Sometimes, you can also get access to beta's with a gold membership, I remember the demo for resident Evil 5 allowed co-op if you had a gold membership just as an example.
How do you get a gold membership?

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 11:49:47 PM »

You can either pay via credit card directly from your xbox or xbox.com, or you could go to a retail store like Wal-mart or Gamestop and buy a prepaid card that gives you a code to punch in on your xbox.

They usually come in payment intervals of: one month, 3 months, and 1 year
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 12:52:07 AM »

You can either pay via credit card directly from your xbox or xbox.com, or you could go to a retail store like Wal-mart or Gamestop and buy a prepaid card that gives you a code to punch in on your xbox.

They usually come in payment intervals of: one month, 3 months, and 1 year
Ok, thanks

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 02:12:19 AM »

Active Camoflage: When I first heard it was in this game, I thought "hot damn, this is gonna be my favorite ability" It has the same problem Scrambler has in MW2 as well as more problems on top of that. The mass of dots on the motion sensor announces you're approach, your movement lowers the usefullness of it even more, as it weakens how hidden you are, and to an experienced player, who not only knows you are there because the mass of dots say so, he also knows that the blur in the corner needs to be shot. Its not all bad though, If you are stationary so that you are at its maximum level of invisibility as well as far enough away so that one can't see the dots or the blur, like say, on Hemmorhage or Boneyard; then you may have a sniper in hand and a good way to kill undetected. So, it can be good, but only in a very specific instance. So=bad

I agree the camo has some issues but, I actually like the fact that if you move fast it doesn't work that well.  I just think the dots on the radar are terrible. 
The reason the slow moving idea is great is because it prevents people from running around completely undetectable which would be kind of unfair.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 02:36:45 AM »
Halo is the third best game series.

Halo Reach, is at the top.

Also on the ODST, 3 thing. I felt like 3 was more different in all the missions. And the story was better. I haven't finished Reach's Campaign yet.

Also I am obsessed with Matchmaking, became Warrant Officer Grade 3 in one month.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 02:51:12 AM »
Yeah I know what you mean.  I've been obsessed with it lol.

Also messing around in forge is slowly becoming one of my favorite things to do when i'm bored.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 05:32:54 AM »
This is an incorrect statement.

That being said, I've played through the whole story mode and many an hour of online of Reach, and frankly, I don't see what the big CoD vs Halo war is about. Halo is pretty much a SciFi Call of Duty, without ADS.
Lower gravity, higher health, vehicles, and a much narrower selection of weapons. Those are the key gameplay differences I noticed between Halo and CoD. Armor abilities are like futuristic adoptions of Perks. I like them both, but there were two things that made me "WTF" numerous times:

I need my armor to be adjusted by an external source so I can run fast? Really? I didn't know not having the sprint ability made my calves flab out.

I just shot you. Between the eyes. With a sniper rifle. Twice. Why aren't you dead? The whole idea behind a sniper is that they can take out their enemies before they even know they've been shot. Without that, what's the point of sniping? Killzone 3's has the best sniping, IMO.

I did like assassinations, though. And the skulls in campaign were nice. I was partying with grunts, and one of their heads exploded when my gun misfired.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 05:41:58 AM »
I just shot you. Between the eyes. With a sniper rifle. Twice. Why aren't you dead? The whole idea behind a sniper is that they can take out their enemies before they even know they've been shot. Without that, what's the point of sniping? Killzone 3's has the best sniping, IMO.

You are wearing a high-tech suit of armor and in cod... your not.

Also, somewhere in something there is an explanation about some safety feature being over ridden by the sprint ability.  Basically it's some safety feature to prevent the wearer of the suit from damaging themselves. (tearing muscles and such)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 05:59:17 AM »
I'm not asking for the game's explanation. I fail to see the gameplay benefit there. If it had been ME designing Halo, I could have forced spartans to all carry giant penises because the Covenant were afraid of reproductive organs, that doesn't explain WHY they have giant penises with them.

So... gameplay benefit?

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:11 AM »
I think having to choose the sprint improves the game play.  The spring feature makes it easier to assassinate people because it's well easier to catch up to them, also it allows you to get to vehicles and better weapons faster (duh).

Plus with making it a choice it can be a double edged sword.  On one hand (all of the above) and on the other your defense is not as strong as with something like armor lock.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:17:16 PM »
I watched a video on Youtube of a guy killing a guy with a gravity hammer using Armor Lock! It was sweet! I like the Jet pack one. looks like fun!

Offline PowerPoke

• Normal Trainer
  • Don't I just look the sweetest? <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:02:17 PM »
Too violent! *Shivers*  :'(
My RP Pokemon

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 11:12:48 PM »
 I found a glitch on forge. It lets you move with Armor Lock, and you can only be killed if you are assassinated.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:44 PM »
In Forge? I haven't tried Armor Lock, but my and my bro joke around and kill each other all the time.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.