* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: In Game Pokemon Moderators  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
In Game Pokemon Moderators
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »
So with every MMO comes thousands of players, and of course they'll find ways to cheat other players; others are just completely rude, and we all know that this MMO is going to attract the younger kids more than anyone else. Anyways it's always important to keep PU safe for everyone, although I doubt there are going to be creepers in the game; again you never know.

So I'm just wondering if the game becomes too big, and there are many complaints; too many to keep up with and fix/handle; will the PU team make some players in the game moderators to deal with such things ?

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: In Game Pokemon Moderators
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:48 AM »
Doubt it.

What you're referring to are GMs (Game Masters). Every MMO has them and they're far from "players" as you are portraying here.

GMs won't be "just "anybody, their hand picked and often do more mitigating than actually playing. I'm sure most of the current PU team will be GMs and they might get others later. Either way, GM teams usually aren't very large even for huge games.

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:01 AM »
Doubt it.

What you're referring to are GMs (Game Masters). Every MMO has them and they're far from "players" as you are portraying here.

GMs won't be "just "anybody, their hand picked and often do more mitigating than actually playing. I'm sure most of the current PU team will be GMs and they might get others later. Either way, GM teams usually aren't very large even for huge games.

And thats why, like any MMO... You will have to wait for houres even days to get the help you need, just to complete the MMO feeling ;)

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 12:35:20 AM »
Doubt it.

And thats why, like any MMO... You will have to wait for houres even days to get the help you need, just to complete the MMO feeling ;)

That's not necessarily true. In WoW, I've never had to wait more than 2 days for a response. Which, in my opinion, is fine. Most people don't realize that GMs have a TON of duties and they have to deal with all of people's complaints. Those kinds of things take time.

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 01:03:24 AM »
It's generally a good idea to let players choose to be Mentors, for answering newbie questions. A player picks it as an option in the game settings, and gets a symbol next to their name, or a unique name colour, so that people know they're fine with answering questions from random players. As for Game Masters, I am sure we will recruit players we know and trust to help us with the various rule-enforcement tasks.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 04:33:21 AM »
Well that answered my questions :]

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:09 AM »
#locked
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"