* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Yes pokemon vs Christianity  (Read 13627 times)

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
Re: Yes pokemon vs Christianity
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 05:34:44 AM »
Some of yall are very misguided about Christianity. I dont think im adequate enough to teach you about true Christianity yet, but i pray that someday someone does. However i will try to get yall to understand what i do now know.

To start off, our entire purpose in life is one thing and one thing only: to glorify God. We do this by ministering to others, praying, worshiping, and many other things. And our reward for this is the joy of bringing others to Christ and the prize of eternal life in heaven with God. Now dont look at this like we are all bowing down to a deity i the sky. Its much more personal than that. A christians goal in life is to establish a continuing relationship with Jesus through the manners ive described, one that is very hard for me to put in words. Its kind of like a relationship a father has with his son, but much deeper. I know most of yall dont think this is possible, but those of us with true faith, have experienced it. When we have this, we can rely on him for support through prayer and fellowship and he will guide our way. Its truly an amazing thing.

About the ten commandments stated earlier, people who arent Christians always look at them wrong. Think of them not as rules but as guidelines. Christianity is not about what you do wrong, its about what you do right. A Christian can break one of the commandments and still be a Christian, thats the whole purpose Jesus came to die for us. When God sent Jesus to sacrifice himself for us, he allowed us to have or sins forgiven, no matter how bad they were. As long as you have true faith in Christ and God, you will still go to heaven. The purpose of the ten commandments is to keep us pure in order to better establish that relationship i described earlier. You should want to yearn to keep the commandments so you can be the Christian God wants you to be and to establish a relationship with him. But you dont have to.

As to why everyone is born with sin, its pretty much a test that God gives all of us. God has a plan for everyones lives, and in order for them to carry out that plan, they have to stay true to God and not give to temptation. I believe sin exists to test our faith in God, because anybody can say they are a Christian, but its when times get tough that true Christians are revealed. If a Christian falls to sin, God gives plenty of opportunities in their lifetime through friends, other Christians, the bible, and more for them to come back to him. Go loves us all and he hates to see anyone fall to sin, however it isnt his way anymore to get directly involved in earthly affairs. In the bible you will understand that God stopped getting involved directly when Jesus left the Earth. As a result of this, God loves to work through his followers.

All of this isnt my personal opinion, its what i have learned through years in the church, reading the bible, and listening to sermons. I hope i have helped some of you to understand more about Christianity and us christians.

Oh and to Frenchfry, i had this book that was about a man who went out to disprove that god existed by finding historical facts against him, but in the end turned to Christianity because all the facts supported him. He tells his story and all the facts he found about God. If your interested i could go dig up the books name for ya.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:51:44 AM by Viper »

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 05:38:50 AM »
Misguided? I don't claim that you're misguided because you believe in Christianity. All i'm saying is that I don't have the same beliefs that you do. And I am/was Catholic (I still pay them money), and have gone through so called "confirmation" and "first communion", so I know very damn well what's it about.

You cannot claim that your belief is the righteous one, unless you want arguments.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:45:14 AM by Bakagringo »

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 05:40:32 AM »
Misguided? I don't claim that you're misguided because you believe in Christianity. All i'm saying is that I don't have the same beliefs that you do. And I am/was Catholic (I still pay them money), and have gone through so called "confirmation" and "first communion", so I know very damn well what's it about.

All i'm saying is that you cannot claim your belief is the righteous one, unless you want arguments.

I write all that and all you have to respond about is the first sentence?

My claim that yall are misguided is about what some people here believe about Christianity, only that.

And i didnt say i dont want arguments
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:45:11 AM by Viper »

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 05:47:41 AM »
In that case you write "Some of you are misguided", as well as point to these posts.
I didn't have to comment the rest of your post, and thus didn't do so. 

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 05:51:23 AM »
In that case you write "Some of you are misguided", as well as point to these posts.
I didn't have to comment the rest of your post, and thus didn't do so.

Alright i see your point ill change it. Im sorry

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 05:53:37 AM »
Don't worry about it. We're all friends here. ;)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
Im a Christian, and NO, The bold text is WRONG.

Faith, is beliveing in something. (Force, deity, or other)

However, believing in the sense that you believe it is there. You may not be able to see it, but its there.

Ex. ( I have faith that there is oxygen to breathe. )

Christianity is Historically, and Geographically accurate.

It, in and of itself is based on ten Commands. These are actually made to try make us better people. If one is broken, (Like lying,) you have sinned, (which we all do.)

This is where Jesus comes in, his death happened to release us from our sin. (Sin = BAD.) Like any crime, sin has its own penalty. DEATH. Or... specifically... eternal spiritual torture in the gates of Hell.

Christianity has made me a better person, and I don't wanna know where I would be without it.
1 - You don't have faith that there is oxygen to breathe. You have knowledge that oxygen is there.
Definition of faith:
Belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
2 -
A) Christianity is partially accurate. There was a person named Joshua, and people claimed he was the Messiah. Do you honestly believe that he could cure Lepers and walk on water?
B) So what? I could say that the Spanish Inquisition traveled by sea from Italy to Canada to kill Abraham Lincoln. That's geographically accurate (you could sail a ship from Italy to Canada), but it's not true.
3 -
Here's an interesting diddy right here. God not only gave us the OPTION to sin, he gave us a literally irresistible urge to indulge in them. THEN, he made the only way for us to be forgiven for him to have the only perfect person EVER be sacrificed. Does this sound like the kind of guy you want to put your faith in? If he were so loving, why didn't he just MIRACLE our asses clean?

@ Stefan...

I have a challenge for you.

Read the "Holy Bible" from cover to cover, DO NOT SKIP Anything.

If you don't believe, okay, I will drop it.

I would rather know that someone doesn't believe after understanding it all, than rant incorrect information...

Dude, I Went through what you are experiencing, I misunderstood it as well at first.

Read it, and you may just understand What my faith is. The Bible isn't a series of happy stories, that much I know, but like any other book, it can be read.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
To start off, our entire purpose in life is one thing and one thing only: to glorify God.
This sentence just about sums up life. Forget enjoyment, technological advancements, and LIFE. Just praise God. You know, the guy that was so nice that he gave us cancer, AIDS, rape, natural disasters, and - perhaps worst of all - a level of sentience that allows these things to bother us.
By Christianity's beliefs, God isn't very nice. Sure, he gave us all the good stuff, too, but it kinda got balanced out by what I mentioned above. I don't owe any favors to that guy, and I'm definitely not going to preach to others about how great he is, when, really, it seems like he was bored one day and wanted to watch something weaker than him squirm.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
I'ma just jump in, the coversation, for a minute.

Am I Christian, no, I'm actually something I call "Undecided" which means, I'm not going to be like a lot of other people and just be what my family is (Probably because literally every single one of them is a different religion.) Either way, it means I look into every other religion and just be what makes the most sense to me.

Am I going to try to make you not Christian? No, because I believe Christianity makes some people happy, to believe ther3e is a god, because everyone needs something to believe in, right? IF you want to believe that, fine by me, just don't try to change me into something I'm not, If you think I'll go to hell so, be it, maybe I will, no one can know the truth, until you die. Religion is BELIEF.

All I'm saying is that if this "God" loves you and cares about you, and says that he loves everyone, then why does he send you to Hell, if you slip up once, and don't pray?
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:06 PM »

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »

@ Stefan...FRENCHFRY!!!!!!!

I would rather know that someone doesn't believe after understanding it all, than rant incorrect information...

Dude, I Went through what you are experiencing, I misunderstood it as well at first.

Read it, and you may just understand What my faith is. The Bible isn't a series of happy stories, that much I know, but like any other book, it can be read.

Seriously, do it.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Deaglan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »
Religion is crazy im so happy im atheist :D

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 07:03:47 PM »

@ Stefan...FRENCHFRY!!!!!!!

Seriously, do it.
Derp. I did. The reason you think I didn't is either:
A) You didn't read it cover to cover
B) You didn't PAY ATTENTION cover to cover
or C) You didn't read my posts correctly.
Also, there isn't one bible anymore. There are many, many different versions with different stories, and even different morals. All of them are called the Bible, and all of them are Christian.

My father's side of the family despises us because my dad left Jehovah-land as soon as he had the money to move out. Because of religion, I missed out on half my family, so I took it upon myself to learn a bit more about it. But if you want a few of the stories that made me realize how WRONG the bible is, here:

Sodom and Gomorrah: Lot's wife looked back on her burning home while they left, so she was turned into a mound of sand/salt/dirt. The words that god's angel used to warn her not to look back or she'll turn into salt? "Look not behind you." God is such a forgiving man.

Elisha: There was a bald guy chosen by god, and teenagers of the village would always make fun of him by saying "Go up, you baldhead!" So, Elisha asked god to make them stop. God had them all mauled and eaten by female bears. Wat?

Adam and Eve: Yeah, we went there. The story of Adam and Eve is that they were created perfect, but at the slightest temptation of a devil-possessed serpent, Eve busted the only rule given to them by god. Very little temptation, mind you. These are the first perfect beings. Then Jesus came along a few thousand years later. He was also perfect, so he should have identical morals to Adam and Eve. Yet, he was subjected to infinite more temptation and torture, and still held true. Clearly, Jesus was better than Adam and Eve. But, then... HOW could Adam and Eve have been perfect? Should not a perfect being have no better?

As per the GOOD of the bible... Don't steal, don't rape, and so on... How profound. I learned those morals by NOT being a psycho. I don't need a freaking BOOK to tell me that I have to do these things or else some dude in the sky is gonna get angry at me.

But really, Leo, what were you expecting? Did you think that, by having me re-read the bible, I would go through some magnificent transformation and turn into Mr. Christian man? The Bible was written by a bunch of dudes that wanted to be large and in charge thousands of years ago.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
To start off, our entire purpose in life is one thing and one thing only: to glorify God.
This sentence just about sums up life. Forget enjoyment, technological advancements, and LIFE. Just praise God. You know, the guy that was so nice that he gave us cancer, AIDS, rape, natural disasters, and - perhaps worst of all - a level of sentience that allows these things to bother us.
By Christianity's beliefs, God isn't very nice. Sure, he gave us all the good stuff, too, but it kinda got balanced out by what I mentioned above. I don't owe any favors to that guy, and I'm definitely not going to preach to others about how great he is, when, really, it seems like he was bored one day and wanted to watch something weaker than him squirm.

You took it the way i thought u would and entirely missed my point, and i can see that my attempts to get you to understand are in vain. I hope that someday when you grow up you will understand what im really saying by the teachings of another.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:11:02 PM by Viper »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »
And, of course, you respond with the standard 'emo' argument for why they're emo. "You don't understand."
Viper, HOW MANY WAYS COULD THAT SENTENCE BE TAKEN? Seriously. By "glorify god", did you mean, "help the poor"? If so, you've got a strange way of talking.