* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Spriters Academy! :)  (Read 82220 times)

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: ~Spriters Academy! :)
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »
I havent' offended any of the devs so to get banned would be pretty harsh just becuase you dislike me doesn't mean i should be banned.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »
God... that's not why... It's because just saying "meh" in a post and not saying anything else is against the rules, and you've been doing that since you joined.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2011, 02:28:04 PM »
Show me this rule that does not allow people to post the word meh.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
It's not just meh, but it's just saying one word in a post. Like just saying "cool" or "meh" in a post without saying anything else. Look in the rules.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
Sometimes rules are meant to be broken so meh.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »
well someone sounds like their licking up to someone.
I'm not licking up to him. I'm serious. He's one of the devs. If a dev tells you not to do something, you don't do it anymore. That's how you get banned.

@Yukimenoko: Wire usually gives negative comments if he's talking about someone else's artwork. I think your sprites are really good though. You're way better than I am. I suck at pixel art.

Even I needed training to become this good at spriting, just to say. I couldn't become this good If there weren't people who gave constructive critics. Unlike SOMEONE who only says meh and is not telling what's wrong about the artwork.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
If you constantly break rules on a forum, you will be banned eventually. It's different in real life, but on a forum, that's not the way things work.

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:01 PM »
Lets stop the hate guise.

Liek. Nao.
MAN MEAT <3

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »
Show me this rule that does not allow people to post the word meh.

Taken from: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?action=announcement;aid=3

Posting a reply
- Before posting a reply be sure to read the entire topic first. Otherwise you might ask or say stuff which is already discussed or answered
- Do not post "empty" or useless responses, such as just "lol" or "cool". Only post responses when you have something to contribute
- Ignore spammers, report them to the board moderators.
- Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:39:39 PM by Silver »
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2011, 02:40:04 AM »
Instead of crushing someone into the ground with critics only, like you do...

You can also give someone CONSTRUCTIVE critics. Help them improve, all I've seen you doing in the past three days that I joined this community is giving negative crictic on almost everything.

Like eddie is working now on the sprites, is fine. I once also started off like that. Of course it could be more impressive. But we are humans, if anybody did something perfect in once it would be a miracle.

Here's an example for my improvement on making trainer sprites completely from scratch:

At this sprite it was my first attempt to sprite a human. By that time I wasn't really impressive with drawing humans. And she does look a little odd..

Heres my newest Trainer sprite:

Much better right? I just made it. ~

The first sprite I showed was made about more than a year ago. Look how much I improved onto it... And thats all thanks to constructive critics. Eddie, keep up the good work I'm sure you'll become a great pixel artist someday ~

Well all he did was copy and paste and change the colour im not going to give him false hope and say it's brillaint plus declan can't tell me what not so say why don't you stop saying chanseytard every once and a while.

wire i did not mostly copy and paste ok i had to resize,erase extra pixels,recolour (which you have to get the right color with the other color),and make sure evrything was in place and saying stuff like meh isnt a good rating its just a word made up by computer nerds i think.

and yukimenoko thank you

"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2011, 03:08:12 AM »
Heres my newest Trainer sprite:

Das nice :O
Though, I would make the head a bit smaller.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2011, 03:48:32 AM »
I havent' offended any of the devs so to get banned would be pretty harsh just becuase you dislike me doesn't mean i should be banned.

It might not be enough to ban you, but along with all the other posts of yours I've seen, it's enough to take you to your final warning.

One more infraction and you will be banned for 2 weeks.

Though, that said, Trainerx, please control yourself around this guy. I've seen something like 3 or 4 threads where you are arguing with him, one where you pretty much started the argument with him (On Slaking or something) - don't drop yourself to his level. You got an infraction too.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:01:47 AM by Level5Pidgey »
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
There are tutorials on the forum that you can look into, and tutorials over the net. I suggest you have a look at them, and when you have done that, you come back on here to post what you have tried to do. It's where other people will give you further advice. :)

EDIT: Initially addressed to noodle_100 but his post was removed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:28:37 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »

It might not be enough to ban you, but along with all the other posts of yours I've seen, it's enough to take you to your final warning.

One more infraction and you will be banned for 2 weeks.

Though, that said, Trainerx, please control yourself around this guy. I've seen something like 3 or 4 threads where you are arguing with him, one where you pretty much started the argument with him (On Slaking or something) - don't drop yourself to his level. You got an infraction too.
I was in a very bad mood yesterday, and I just got really pissed. I don't usually act like that, and it won't happen again. Although, I wanted to point out that the argument didn't start the argument with the Slaking thing(I've been in a bad mood lately, because of all the stuff happening in my life right now.). This arguments started in Yukimenoko's thread, although I didn't mean for it to become such a big argument. When I posted that comment, it wasn't meant to start an argument, but I was in a bad mood that day, and I swear a lot when I'm in a bad mood.

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2011, 03:07:29 AM »
here is another of my works please rate either 1-10 or a describtive and how i can improve

oh and monzta incase you didnt get this i am reposting it here
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:32:38 PM by eddiedelta8 »
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)