* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1954030 times)

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #4695 on: June 15, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »
He's focusing on the part where the guy in the video is screaming in disbeleif, and directing it at the fact you closed the Utopia RP... I think.

EDIT: Also, i did a meme. c:

Just wanted to share. (Pic on the left is a old profile pic, on the right is a redraw.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:39:22 PM by 9Nexalas6 »
. . .

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: June 16, 2012, 12:07:15 AM »
Wow, that looks good! That's a lot of improvement for one year.

Now wait a minute, if you are too look past the fact that its NOT like old banjo kazooie games, its actuallypretty fun >:I

NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!
NO!

First off, the overworlds in Nuts and Bolts is too large, extremely barren, and not organized correctly for the type of game it is. For the first part of the game, unless you have the sudden urge to talk to an NPC, you have no idea what to do. You walk around the world for a long time, trying to figure out what to do! Know why? I'll get to that in a minute...

Secondly, the game is ALWAYS breaking the fourth wall. And the fifth. And don't even get me started on the sixth! The presence of L.O.G. in the game at all ruins the feel and immersive-ness. I mean, seriously, when he actually gets to what the game is about, he starts off with:

L.O.G.:Now then, in line with your Banjo tradition, your challenge will consist of collecting as many pointless objects as possible.

I MEAN, COME ON?!?! The game itself just took a massive crap on the last two games by saying that! And it so wasn't true, because the objects didn't feel pointless because unlike some games, they didn't just hand them out like candy on freaking HALLOWEEN!

And then it proceeded to flush the toilet as it shows you 'collecting'. (Skip to 10:05 in the video.) Again, REALLY?!?! The games weren't quite as bad as they make them out to be in this, they were WAAAAAAAY better!

Thirdly, the game is like, "Yeah, see how stupid that was? HAHAHAhahahaha! Okay, now here's a car, go run over a penguin or something, I don't give a crap."
...FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And finally, the games not being like the original is EVERYTHING!! Banjo-Kazooie was about living the adventure, feeling like you were actually solving puzzles and crossing all the obstacles laid out before you, not doing pointless and not to mention dumb missions! And this is why people walk around aimlessly for long periods of time, because they're expecting to be playing a Banjo-Kazzoie game, where all you do is adventure through worlds, collecting things as you go along, not talk to every NPC in sight! You're supposed to experience the adventure as a whole, not through 'short bursts' in 'quests'. It doesn't feel as fulfilling when you beat Gruntilda in a race as it does to find that one last Jiggy, hidden in the most obscure place you would never think to look! It's more fun, it feels fresh, it's not like every other game out there!

But I will say, the game probably wouldn't have been so looked-down-upon if they didn't use Banjo-Kazooie as the mascot. But even then, it's still not a very...well-designed game for it's genre, and needs to stop referencing their better works, and needs to stop breaking every wall in sight!

Okay, I'm done ranting. I just needed to get that out of my system...

What is he reacting to? The comedy stuff, or the closing stuff? I'm a little confused.

The closing of the thread, like Nexalas said.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: June 16, 2012, 12:11:39 AM »
I think I'll unlock the OOCC so people can say whether or not they want it reopened. And also, nice rant Dstar, I had many of them in my day of bashing some really bad games and movies (and believe me, millions agree.). Well, off to read some more comedy stuffs and unlock that one thread.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: June 16, 2012, 01:48:56 AM »
I just realized I forgot one of my driving points for my rant. I was going to end it off with something like this:

When you have a beloved IP such as Megaman, or Mario, or Sonic, or Pokemon, or, in this case, Banjo-Kazooie, it's important to keep all of 'their games' the same genre. For example, one of the main reasons people think Sonic is dying is because they keep diverging from their best games, the 3D, speed-based platformer we all know and love (aside from those who think the 2D sonic games were better). They keep making things like Sonic Riders, games that take far less time to program and make, and frankly, aren't as fun. People hate it when the gaming series takes an unexpected twist into a genre that A) they've never done before, and B) doesn't fit the character. Bringing it back to Sonic Riders, Sonic games are platformers, not racers! And why does Sonic need to ride a flying skateboard anyway, he could RUN faster!

And just to bring my point close to home, we all love Pokemon, right? Yeah, good old Pokemon!
Well, Ken Sugimori and Satoshi Tajiri called, they want to turn Pokemon into an FPS!
Yeah, shooting pokeballs at a Pikachu with an AK47, could you think of anything more fun?!
YES! THE REAL POKEMON!!!!!

Okay, NOW my rant is over. For real this time. I-I mean it!

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: June 16, 2012, 01:56:52 AM »
And just to bring my point close to home, we all love Pokemon, right? Yeah, good old Pokemon!
Well, Ken Sugimori and Satoshi Tajiri called, they want to turn Pokemon into an FPS!
Yeah, shooting pokeballs at a Pikachu with an AK47, could you think of anything more fun?!
YES! THE REAL POKEMON!!!!!

Okay, NOW my rant is over. For real this time. I-I mean it!

Are you serious?! If you are, Nintendo's ideas are getting worse by the day.
. . .

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: June 16, 2012, 02:01:32 AM »
Oh man I really hope you are joking about the Fps....lol

Edit:Yea that is like turning football into solving math problems in order to advance the ball on the field...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:03:49 AM by nightshade06 »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: June 16, 2012, 02:12:26 AM »
My reaction to that, though I'm sure it is just a silly rumor, is this:

"Pikachus are coming in from the north. I want a full line of infantry trainers equipped with an Ultra-16 Pokerifle to hold them off."

"Sir, we're outnumbered!"

"Then blast the little buggers with a Master Drone"

And that is the only thing people will remember from a game like that.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: June 16, 2012, 02:25:25 AM »
Wow, that looks good! That's a lot of improvement for one year.

Now wait a minute, if you are too look past the fact that its NOT like old banjo kazooie games, its actuallypretty fun >:I

NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!
NO!

First off, the overworlds in Nuts and Bolts is too large, extremely barren, and not organized correctly for the type of game it is. For the first part of the game, unless you have the sudden urge to talk to an NPC, you have no idea what to do. You walk around the world for a long time, trying to figure out what to do! Know why? I'll get to that in a minute...

Secondly, the game is ALWAYS breaking the fourth wall. And the fifth. And don't even get me started on the sixth! The presence of L.O.G. in the game at all ruins the feel and immersive-ness. I mean, seriously, when he actually gets to what the game is about, he starts off with:

L.O.G.:Now then, in line with your Banjo tradition, your challenge will consist of collecting as many pointless objects as possible.

I MEAN, COME ON?!?! The game itself just took a massive crap on the last two games by saying that! And it so wasn't true, because the objects didn't feel pointless because unlike some games, they didn't just hand them out like candy on freaking HALLOWEEN!

And then it proceeded to flush the toilet as it shows you 'collecting'. (Skip to 10:05 in the video.) Again, REALLY?!?! The games weren't quite as bad as they make them out to be in this, they were WAAAAAAAY better!

Thirdly, the game is like, "Yeah, see how stupid that was? HAHAHAhahahaha! Okay, now here's a car, go run over a penguin or something, I don't give a crap."
...FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And finally, the games not being like the original is EVERYTHING!! Banjo-Kazooie was about living the adventure, feeling like you were actually solving puzzles and crossing all the obstacles laid out before you, not doing pointless and not to mention dumb missions! And this is why people walk around aimlessly for long periods of time, because they're expecting to be playing a Banjo-Kazzoie game, where all you do is adventure through worlds, collecting things as you go along, not talk to every NPC in sight! You're supposed to experience the adventure as a whole, not through 'short bursts' in 'quests'. It doesn't feel as fulfilling when you beat Gruntilda in a race as it does to find that one last Jiggy, hidden in the most obscure place you would never think to look! It's more fun, it feels fresh, it's not like every other game out there!

But I will say, the game probably wouldn't have been so looked-down-upon if they didn't use Banjo-Kazooie as the mascot. But even then, it's still not a very...well-designed game for it's genre, and needs to stop referencing their better works, and needs to stop breaking every wall in sight!

Okay, I'm done ranting. I just needed to get that out of my system...

What is he reacting to? The comedy stuff, or the closing stuff? I'm a little confused.

The closing of the thread, like Nexalas said.

on the fourth wall thing. you do know they broke it in banjo tooie once or twice, right? and on the "not being like the original things"is one reason you should do one thing:Ignore that its supposed to be a banjo kazooie game >.>

Oh. and the fact that the overworld is too large, I really can't say anything..other than they are way too large Orz

on another note, why is it that I seem to like a lot of games every one hates? OTL
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:28:25 AM by Meowth »
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:05 AM »
Because, meowth, you're still at that age where every video game is awesome. As you get older, there happens to be a fine line from a great game, to a last whim that they pieced together because why the f*** not.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: June 16, 2012, 02:48:36 AM »
on the fourth wall thing. you do know they broke it in banjo tooie once or twice, right?

Yeah, but it was MUCH worse in Nuts and Bolts. L.O.G. would literally say why the original formula for the game was dumb and outdated, but it WASN'T! Banjo Tooie only referenced the fact that it was a game.

and on the "not being like the original things"is one reason you should do one thing:Ignore that its supposed to be a banjo kazooie game >.>

But you can't do that! That's like saying "I'm going to go play Pokemon but pretend it's Final Fantasy!" It doesn't work! Especially because as you play, you notice that the levels are built like Banjo-Kazooie games! You can just 'Imagine the characters being different', because they're what sells the game! They're what MAKES a game!

Oh. and the fact that the overworld is too large, I really can't say anything..other than they are way too large Orz

BUT YOU CAN'T... Oh, yeah, I guess you're right...

on another note, why is it that I seem to like a lot of games every one hates? OTL
Because, meowth, you're still at that age where every video game is awesome. As you get older, there happens to be a fine line from a great game, to a last whim that they pieced together because why the f*** not.

^This, just about exactly. As you get older, you start to realize whether you're actually having fun, or just 'curing boredom'. I've even started to realize, that Super Mario Sunshine, one of my favorite games of all time, actually isn't that great...mainly thanks to a bad physics engine.

Edit: Actually, the physics engine is just about all I have to complain about, other than Bowser's voice and some mechanics that didn't work too well or had bad controls (Like the Blooper surfing, specifically the pink ones).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:50:38 AM by Darkstar64 »

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: June 16, 2012, 04:45:06 AM »
I find it HILARIOUS when someone in a book or game breaks the fourth wall, especially if they do it well. It cracks me up.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: June 16, 2012, 05:12:35 AM »
alot of games suck to me.... i was chating on something talking about sonic how Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 battle was awesome bk then and the characters and stuff... then we got to now like Sonic Gen. a little bit bk like Sonic the Hedgehog (xbox 360/PS3) and how sonic the hedgehog how it was very bad but the music was ok
]Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts i don't care about the maps xD we can create lots of vehicles and boats or planes or other stuff
Nintendo really is sucking i bet the only thing keeping them alive is mario idk
now Pokemon ALOT of ppl hate pokemon because they think its for little kids and ALOT of ppl just adore pokemon because they (or we) really get the feel of it and ppl who hate it just have no taste in games they would have start bring up games like CoD or something im ok with CoD but understand one thing Pokemon is not a shooting game and CoD isn't a adventure game (i think thats what pokemon is) Sony straight down suck and now were getting into a game war where PS3 is better then xbox 360 or xbox 360 is getting better then PS3
srry for going off topic and talking about others besides the ones we are currently talking about 
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: June 16, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
Are you serious?! If you are, Nintendo's ideas are getting worse by the day.

Forgot to adress this, but this was something I made up in like two seconds, NO ONE could actually have an idea that horrible.

I find it HILARIOUS when someone in a book or game breaks the fourth wall, especially if they do it well. It cracks me up.

Unfortunately, most games don't. It's usually done either too often or just done wrong. Sometimes both. And whilst I'm on the subject of characters breaking the fourth wall, I wanted to bring up a thought I had while thinking about how much I hate L.O.G., or Lord Of Gaming for those who don't remember or never played the game or just don't care. Rare and Microsoft (The company that bought Rareware from Nintendo before some of their worst blunders yet) have never really seen eye to eye, or at least, before all the original staff quit. They always had conflicting ideas, and couldn't meet-in-the-middle very easily. So one of the things I thought of was that quite possibly, L.O.G. is a representation of Microsoft and their 'ideas' about how to change Banjo-Kazooie to make it 'appeal more to a larger crowd'. Think about it, he's always watching over them, he completely changes how the game is supposed to work by adding cars into the game, he criticizes the old game mechanics of the last two games, and he's an otherworldly being that seems to be controlling Banjo and Kazooie and even Gruntilda and making them fight and even started the whole game. If he hadn't stepped in, it would have been over in a second because it started as only a fat bear trying to punch a disembodied witch's head. Anyway, that's pretty much why I believe L.O.G. is supposed to be Microsoft.

alot of games suck to me.... i was chating on something talking about sonic how Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 battle was awesome bk then and the characters and stuff... then we got to now like Sonic Gen. a little bit bk like Sonic the Hedgehog (xbox 360/PS3) and how sonic the hedgehog how it was very bad but the music was ok
]Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts i don't care about the maps xD we can create lots of vehicles and boats or planes or other stuff
Nintendo really is sucking i bet the only thing keeping them alive is mario idk
now Pokemon ALOT of ppl hate pokemon because they think its for little kids and ALOT of ppl just adore pokemon because they (or we) really get the feel of it and ppl who hate it just have no taste in games they would have start bring up games like CoD or something im ok with CoD but understand one thing Pokemon is not a shooting game and CoD isn't a adventure game (i think thats what pokemon is) Sony straight down suck and now were getting into a game war where PS3 is better then xbox 360 or xbox 360 is getting better then PS3
srry for going off topic and talking about others besides the ones we are currently talking about 

People hate sonic for many reasons, Sonic '06 is just one of those reasons...

Nintendo is NOT sucking, and is actually doing relatively well, considering the vast majority of gamers today are obsessed with shooters. Mario is but one series keeping them afloat, for example, The Legend of Zelda and the return of Star Fox (with the release of Star Fox 64 for 3DS). I will admit that they're kinda pushing it with all the Mario games announced at E3. New Super Mario Bros U, New Super Mario Bros 2, Nintendoland (It sorta counts because there's Mario themed attractions), there's a lot of mario games coming out lately. But then you have to think about how they're bringing back PIKMIN! You have no idea how excited I am for Pikmin 3.

I think the reason many people dislike pokemon is because they think of it as sort of a kids game, because, well, it is. It's a strategy games involving small, animal-like creatures, so the first thing you think of when you hear that is "Cutesy-Kids-Game", when it really involves too much thought, effort and planning for it to be considered a kids game.

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: June 16, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »
Did you know Pikmin was actualy created from a mario beta game? There's a video explaining stuff about it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uCnbDrp9o
. . .

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: June 16, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
Oh yeah, it was created off of Mario 128, right? I heard about that, and I thought it was really cool.