* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1973598 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #5640 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
nex is awesome o3o
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: October 22, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »
*Remembers WTP mention she wants to be paired with everyone*

*Goes super saiyan and flies away from WTP, and her many friends.*

Yeah, no offense, but no, not my guy. He's too awesome to be paired with anything or anyone. Anyhow, no one could figure out the riddle if they seen it?
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: October 22, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »
Actually, this riddle is designed to be nonsensical, and according to its author, Lewis Carroll, he never intended for there to be any real answer to the question: “why is a raven like a writing desk?” The entire point of the riddle is that it has no answer, although numerous people have come up with creative interpretations of the riddle.

This question is posed in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, in a scene with Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the Dormouse at the famous Tea Party. Alice is informed that riddles are being exchanged, and the Mad Hatter asks “why is a raven like a writing desk?” The guests attempt to puzzle the riddle out, and several pages later, the Hatter admits “I haven't the slightest idea.” The scene is meant to illustrate the tipster world into which Alice has fallen, with the whole book illustrating how confusing the adult world seems to children. When Alice asks about why they are wasting their time with riddles which have no answer, she's really asking a larger question about adults.

In an introduction to a later edition of the book, Lewis Carroll addressed the issue, saying “Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is never put with the wrong end in front!” In the original preface, “never” was spelled “Nevar,” which is “raven” backwards. Carroll's pun was unfortunately lost to the red pen of a proofreader, confusing the issue of the riddle even further.

A number of people have come up with creative answer to “why is a raven like a writing desk.” The answer “Poe wrote on both” is popular, as is “they both stand on sticks” and “they both come with inky quills.” One wit responded with “because there is a B in both and an N in neither,” an answer which was meant to highlight the absurdity of the original question. (Saying it aloud might make it clearer.)

Source:google.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: October 22, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
Hey meowth, nice copy and paste job. And yes, there is no answer, whatsoever. But, you used the internet, so you get nothing.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: October 23, 2012, 12:01:30 AM »
XD As I said.

source: Google.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: October 23, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »
Well, glad to see Guild Activity is back up...Now, on to my &*@#$^&* Chemistry Lab Report...
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #5646 on: October 23, 2012, 02:23:16 AM »
Well, glad to see Guild Activity is back up...Now, on to my &*@#$^&* Chemistry Lab Report...
What a sexy entrance, mon ancien ami . So very sexy.

*Remembers WTP mention s/he wants to be paired with everyone*

*Goes super saiyan and flies away from WTP, and his/her many friends.*

Yeah, no offense, but no, not my guy. He's too awesome to be paired with anything or anyone. Anyhow, no one could figure out the riddle if they seen it?

>:D
C'mon, admit it. You all love this blob of gender-confused nerd.
 I never got the riddle. I went insane everytime I tried to figure it out. It just never made any sense.  The "Poe wrote on both" is a pretty funny answer. I was always a fan of Edgar Allen Poe's work 83 My favorites were the Telltale Heart, and that one about him murdering his wife and hiding her in the wall of his cellar.

Ehehe...hehe....hehehe.....

Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: October 23, 2012, 02:32:18 AM »
What a sexy entrance, mon ancien ami . So very sexy.

Ikr? I'm too s-wait. nonononono, If i get on this topic, imma start singing the song from the one Ace AMV i saw, and nobody wants that. Not cuz I'm not a good singer, but cuz of the song...
Hello there.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: October 23, 2012, 02:38:57 AM »
Oh nononono, we don't want that, so I am here to change the topic again! So, how about... umm, uh, I don't, ah, er, the future!!!(???)
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #5649 on: October 23, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »
*applauds Ayara for at least ATTEMPTING to understand the french, and acting like I wasn't using sarcasm*

Anyway,
Since she won't,
I'm..to sexy for my cat >:L Too sexy for my cat...
*catwalks off my roof*
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: October 23, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
I'm planning on getting a bachelor's degree at fullsail university, then becoming a computer animator. My dream is to make many kinds of animations for TV shows, or at least help in the production of them. That's why I'm planning on getting some jobs and saving money to get into the university. (Costs about $15,000 for computer animators, so if I start saving now I should be good with student loans.)
. . .

Offline KaminaEXE

• Normal Trainer
  • In my hands the means. In my heart the will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: October 23, 2012, 02:47:25 AM »
Welcome back Kamina, I'm glad this thread got more life to it as well. Now, this is a random question.

You see, a friend of mine had me watch Alice in Wonderland with her a while ago, and a few other movies that are not important, and in interesting riddle popped up in the movie. Can anyone solve it without looking up the answer on the internet? If you look it up, do not bother answering.

"How is a Raven like a writing desk?"

I already know the answer, in fact, I knew since I was 8.

Great to be back! I see there are new members lol im trying to sift through all the old posts and get a grip on whats been going on.
Who the hell do you think i am!!!

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #5652 on: October 23, 2012, 02:49:35 AM »
I will become a medical Examiner. Or an anatomist. Or a gastrointestinal surgeon. Or...or...
Actually, I'm just gonna stop there .w. Don't need people knowing my secret plan. Muahaha...
*shot to death*

EDIT: Ohaidere, Kamina o3o
EDIT EDIT: It's pretty obvious that any of my jobs will include cutting people open, whether it's for the fun of it, or to help them. They pay pretty well, it's just that I need to figure out if I'm really fit for extra years in school. I'm barely making it as it is. :/
Oh, and I found a wrapper in my sister's bellybutton....Hmmm.....
SHE'S BEEN HIDING CARAMEL FROM ME THIS WHOLE TIME. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:55:14 AM by WhatThePumpkin »
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: October 23, 2012, 02:57:13 AM »
I didn't just ATTEMPT it, I DID understand! You said "my old friend"! I had to look up ancien, but I knew mon ami.
*watches in amusement as you catwalk off the roof, and then pulls up Ace AMV*
And, Hello again Kamina! Good to see you around. ^^
Hello there.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #5654 on: October 23, 2012, 03:01:51 AM »
Well, you found ONE meaning of Ancien. Not the intended meaning, mind you :L Don't think that each word has a single meaning.

Man, I don't have anything interesting to say for the first time ever. Actually, no, that's a lie. I usually don't have anything interesting to say XD

Hmmm, maybe Nexa and Meowth's brother could work together on a series.....Hehehehe....I'd watch that.
youseewhatIdidthere?

MegaEDIT: Lol, where did everyone go. Looks like I killed everyone again :/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:21:15 AM by WhatThePumpkin »
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--