* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1946202 times)

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #7425 on: May 09, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »
Would these groundstalkers happen to be little raptor like creatures?

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: May 09, 2013, 09:30:12 PM »
how could you add a dragon to PU they honestly wouldnt really fit in i mean there is no way the robots or the normies could fight them so that leaves other monsters and the chosen and i havent seen kokia or whatever it is.

And Blades i know why i like dragons and i could explain why i mean screw the magic part with fire breathe and wise old lizards i dont need that but i dont like to rant so ill stop before i get into to it.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: May 09, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »
That's not the first word I'd use to describe them. More like-
*drags Ayara away* Nope. No more from you.
The groustalker descriptions are on the old PU profiles page. They were a type of monster. Shock decided that they might taste good.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: May 09, 2013, 10:46:15 PM »
I knew that, Ayara, but from the name they remind me of a creature from DA:O.

And, no, Humen, go ahead. And really like to hear this. If you an present me a good reason, I'll applaud you.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: May 10, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »
Fine I've got nothing better to do but this better not end as one of those things where i state my opinion and then you crush it with no remorse.

Well i can understand how someone could like a dragon just for being a dragon i mean the sound of a giant, flying, fire-breathing lizard is pretty cool. But i don't really care about the fire breathing part and Blades from a realistically your right dragons probably would be stupid and only have instincts to fall back on. But really a dragon doesn't need smarts to to be cool which is when i bring up why i like them. Dragons are huge winged lizards giving them the ability of flight allowing them to cross to any region they want and are easily capable of causing mass destruction to any environment. Power in size and strength a dragon can possess is admirable in and of itself certainly able to crush any mid-sized animal or smaller with just a slam of its tail it would take an animal the size of an elephant(best example i can think of) to not have its bones shattered from a single hit. I love dragons for the raw power given to them in their natural form. I admire the strength they possess  and how they can fierce animals seem so frail.

Also WTP if you really want me to look towards tinier creatures then screw insects I'd rather fascinate my self with Pathogen or Bactieria Or even stupid parasites cause they can be every where and you don't even know it. They may be inside you right now and when you try to do something...well it already to late they've already infected your cells bursting them open to reproduce and them do it to another unsuspecting patron. Just sayin :b
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:35:46 AM by Humen »
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: May 10, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
Not to mention, in most cultures, dragons are considered to be wise as well as powerful. The Chinese revered dragons for their power, but also believe they controlled the weather, especially rain, and would carry the dead to the afterlife on their backs. Countless emperors believed themselves to be descendants of dragons. Simply put, dragons were considered to be able to do anything. In Scandinavian myths, also known as the Nordic/Viking Mythology, dragons played a huge part in their culture. They were considered powerful beasts, yes, but these dragons were also capable of higher levels of thought. One known dragon written in the myths is Nithhogr, who gnaws at the roots of Yggdrasil, attempting to destroy it, and was also considered to eat the corpses of the dead. These dragons were on the godly plane in that mythos.

The dragons you keep referencing are of western culture. These dragons are the ones that are brutes without thought, and will attack at the slightest provocation. The dragons of oriental cultures tend to be the wise ones, who show restraint with their powers, and will only use them when necessary. So, yes you are half right, but don't start a flame war because you have one thought. All it took was a little google search. I like the wise dragons, only because they are easier to relate to.

When I asked who wanted to see them in the RP, all I needed was an answer related to yes or no. But I will not idly stand by and have someone make a blatant statement without some back up.

A few sources

http://www.dragonorama.com/oriental/index.html
http://www.dragonorama.com/western/index.html
http://myth.web-indexes.com/myths/Chinese-Dragon.html
http://myth.web-indexes.com/myths/European-Dragon.html

Also, to no ones fault, SE will be closing. Sorry guys, but I kind of lost interest in it. Also, I don't think I will be starting a new RP on this site, or do any RP's for that matter. It was a fun ride, but it's time for me to throw in my roleplayers hat. I will still be around here, steam, and maybe the writing section, but I won't be doing RP's.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:10:51 AM by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: May 10, 2013, 01:36:16 AM »
Cortex, no. The dragons I keep referencing are the realistic ones. When a creature really captures my interest, I begin to explore its roots, I draw it out to the real world and see what would happen. And dragons caught my interest at one time. They just destroyed everything. And frankly, in western culture, dragons have no set meaning.

Humen, those are respectable reasons, even if I disagree with a few.

And I, along with Cortex, tip my hat in that pile. I think I'm done, maybe you'll occasionally catch me in a debug, but it's time I lay in the towel. I'm getting too serious about them, and expecting too much from people. No one likes that, so it's best I retire. Thanks for all the good times, all of you.

And Cortex, I must say, you act like your members need help. Humen made his point just fine, and my statement was backed up with my reasons. I'm not basing anything off myth, I'm basing it realistically, as stated prior.

Anyways... It's been nice writing with you guys, but I'm signing out. Catch ya all later.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: May 10, 2013, 01:40:53 AM »
Did Blades just quit. O-o

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: May 10, 2013, 01:48:04 AM »
Well. um. this is uh. Yeah. I may or may not add my hat to the pile at the moment. If I do, it'll just be for PU. Because I refuse to give up writing. Writing is something I enjoy.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: May 10, 2013, 01:49:29 AM »
I'm gone for one week...

Not sure how to respond actually. As fun as RP'ing is, I'm running out of time to do them as well. I've been focused on my actual career in writing laely, and so RPs have kind of begun to fall off my schedule. With Cortex and Blades gone from the RP section, though, I guess I'll stick around for now, although I may have to close KH and develop something new. We'll see, I guess.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: May 10, 2013, 02:24:59 AM »
Wow... I don't know how to respond either really. o.O .... You guys will be missed, but I can understand that RP's can be overwhelming and boring overtime. I might possibly get an RP started soon, but there's no promises. I have an idea but I'll have to polish it or ask for help on it if necessary.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:32:16 AM by 9Nexalas6 »
. . .

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: May 10, 2013, 02:29:22 AM »
I'mma keep RPing, but I have to say that High school makes it a lot harder. It takes more time and all. But I like writing and my characters, so my hat is staying firmly on my head.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: May 10, 2013, 02:33:01 AM »
Just a heads up for everyone, who can see that the RP section is clearly taking a change, I'm still in, and while KH will likely be closing soon, Nex and I are beginning to plan something new, and quite unlike anything anyone has ever seen in the RP section before. For those of you who still want to RP, I highly suggest you stick around for this one. It'll be very interesting, to say the least, and I hope to see a lot of the RP'ers at least check it out. More details will come very soon, hopefully within the next couple of days. I'm very excited, and cannot wait.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: May 10, 2013, 03:19:06 AM »
This is all happening because i joined TT^TT I'm sorry everyone it all my (But mostly havoc's cause she told me where this was) fault.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: May 10, 2013, 03:23:35 AM »
I do believe it has nothing to do with your joining, and I'm glad we have someone new in the RP section. Plus, I had considered closing down my RP before, and Blades had mentioned leaving the RP section quite a while ago. 9Nexalas6 and myself are preparing something completely new for the RP section, and I would like to see everyone, including you, Humen, at least check it out. It may be out tonight, but if not we'll see it up tomorrow.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100