* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1948913 times)

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #7515 on: May 15, 2013, 03:04:26 AM »
I'm a freshman as well. Interestingly enough, the school board has made it so that certain sports, along with marching band, count as half of a P.E. credit. So basically, I only needed this year's PE class (as it incorporated health, which was required), and by staying in band I will get my second required credit for PE. This opens up a spot in my schedule, so I chose to take Speech I next year (we have a speech II class, which is actually considered "Movie Appreciation"), which should directly help me with my writing skills. Plus, I think learning those public speaking and communicating skills are highly valuable for anyone, regardless of experience or future profession.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: May 15, 2013, 03:30:55 AM »
Our school doesn't offer that. In fact, it's a magnet school, so depending on what you major in, the number of electives you have can vary. For instance, I only have one, but PokemonAlchemist101 has two, because we have different magnet classes.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: May 15, 2013, 03:42:42 AM »
i'll have 2 magnet classes next year but on the upside i wont have any my senior year.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: May 15, 2013, 03:48:08 AM »
I see, well I go to a private school, but our number of electives kind of depend on what grade you're in. For example, 8th graders have to take an English, Science, Math, Reading, Religion, History, and PE class. Some things may take the place of PE, such as band. 9th grade no longer has to take reading, so they now have an elective. For nearly every student, this elective winds up being the first of their required 2 foreign language classes (must of course be same language, our school offers Spanish, French, and Latin). For most band students, though (such as myself), we take band insead of a foreign language, keeping Health/PE. For 10th graders, Religion and History are combined into one class, which is Church History, thus opening another elective, and in the case of band students, generally their first foreign language. Thanks to me not having to take PE, I also get an addtional elective in Speech. For juniors and seniors, Religion and History are separate classes again, but since most students finished up their foreign languages in 10th grade, they still have two electives, but the TOPS scholarship program requires students to have what I think is two art credits (band counts for that), so many students take those classes. As a senior, I may take two band classes, so it's almost like a period off. The way the schedule falls, some seniors can get last period off and go home, but due to me having band practice, it wouldn't pay to go home and come right back to school. As for other electives, our school offers things like Game Design, Graphic Designing, Art, Speech I and II (2 is movie watching class), Fine Arts Survey (a lot about Europe), FACS (Home Ec), and several other things I can't remember at the moment. Well, that basically covers electives at my school, lol.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: May 15, 2013, 03:56:13 AM »
Two is the average. I have three magnet classes next year. Env.Tech, GIS, and Technical Writing. I'm going to be taking Theater as my elective class. I wanted to take chorus, too, but like I said, I only have on slot next year. For Junior year, though, I should have more slots, especially since I'm in Chemistry and Geometry right now as it is. We're in a public school, so there's no Religion class (Thankfully. Religion class was so boring in elementary school, and some of the nuns were kinda scary. >.>). We have that language requirement, too, although they only offer Spanish and French. (Je parle francaise~) I wish they offered Latin. That would've been awesome. But they don't, so it'll have to be one I learn on my own.
Our magnet classes depend A.) on what magnet you're in and B.) on what grade you are. This year, I only have one magnet class. But next year, I have three. However, I'm getting Chemistry, Geometry, and Tech Ed out of the way this year. (Tech Ed is a requirement, but most students take it in Sophomore year, not Freshman.)
Our school offers Physchology, AP classes(Biology, Chemistry, Maths, etc.), Theater, Guitar, Chorus, Writing, Journalism...There's more, but I can't remember them all. Can you think of anything else, Humen?
Hello there.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: May 15, 2013, 04:12:39 AM »
We have Psycology as well, and I so wish we had writing and journalism. We don't have nuns at our school, just regular teachers. We don't technically have AP classes, just honors, although we're considered a college prep school. The only honors clss I'm taking next year is English, though, as Chemistrry Honors is the hardest class at my school (Geometry is second, only because the teacher is so horrible)), and I'm simply not putting mmyself under that much stress. Then there's Algebra II, but I absolutely hate math with a burning passion, and the only reason I take the honors math class (taking Geomoetry as a freshman instead of a sophomore is considered honors) is to take the honors science classes (as you must take honors math to take honors science), and if I'm not taking honors science, then there's no need for honors math for me.

If it were up to me though, schools would teach more practical courses. For example, a brief summary of the results of a long conversation I had with others:

1. Academics: Includes the basic info for Math, Science, English, etc.
2. Communications: Communicating in today's world is crucial, and not many people have good communicating skills. This includes listening skills.
3. Technology: Whether you like it or not, technology is slowly being incorporated into today's world. Just the basics would do.
4. Thinking: In my opinion, this is the most important class. Different years in school eould offer different thinking classes, such as common sense/ drawing conclusions, logical thinking, critical thinking, etc. Not many people have these skills it seems like, and in my opinion, I think society has a whole would be far better off after being educated in these areas.
5. History: History is still fairly important
6. Not sure what we called this one, but basically, how the world works. How to apply for college, how to write checks, and basically anything else you may need in day to day life after school.
7. Electives. Electives are still fairly important, and at the junior/senior level, students could be allowed to take more in depth math, science, and english classes in order to narrow down their carrer path. Save all the other stuff we learn now that most people don't use, unless it is a part of their profession, for college, where most of it is re-taught anyway.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: May 15, 2013, 04:21:44 AM »
We have standard, Honors, GT, and AP. I don't particularly like math, either. In fact, I dislike it quite a bit. But I manage with it. And yeah. Those classes make sense.
Hello there.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: May 15, 2013, 05:00:51 AM »
i think you got most  of them i know you can be a pearl in PE in 11th &12th but in 12th you dont have to take electives you can have a job or get an internship. My magent as of now offers a paid internship and thats something im willing to put effort into.

Heh heh nuns are like penguins but instead of being fun to watch them waddle and slide on thier tummies they hit ur hands with rulers.

And the name for that 6th class sounds like Growing Up 101
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:05:14 AM by Humen »
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: May 15, 2013, 05:35:46 AM »
The internship thing sounds pretty cool. What are you guys looking to go into? As if I haven't said it enough already, I'm going into creative writing, and maybe journalism or something in addtion to that.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: May 15, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »
Also, vulpix, make anpther MLP reference, and I will rain down my wrath upon you with the rage of a thousand rampaging elephants with amok syndrome.
Pony hater.
ugh i have to take journalism for part of semester  because i failed English 1
anyways i'm planing not make the same mistakes with my other classes.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: May 15, 2013, 08:42:35 PM »
Everyone keeps laughing at me cuz I have Writing Techical next year, so I'll have a teacher named Mrs.Gilern, who apparently a lot of people hate. But it's a magnet class, so I have to take it. Not that I think I need it, I can make myself understood well enough already, but unfortunately, there are some old habits in the school still hanging around.
Hello there.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: May 15, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »
Well, the current Speech teacher was my Reading teacher last year, and I didn't care for her, but oh well, I guess (she actually may not teach the class next year, it's up in the air right now).
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: May 16, 2013, 01:06:07 AM »
I dunno who my teachers are gonna be, with the exception of one or two who only teach certain classes. Anyway, I'm off to give myself a headache by spending the next few hours editing a 10 page essay. Toodles~

My brain hurts. >:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:22:15 AM by Ayara012 »
Hello there.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: May 16, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »
Welp, Nex and I's new RP, that was developed on the community RP project, is now up. Progress was made much faster than expected, but we got everything done!
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #7529 on: May 18, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »
*walks in, cocks sassy fedora, my trenchcoat billowing in the wind*

Mentlegen.

--
On the topic of joining this site, I used to hope that I'd become one of the Arch Knights. And then I realized that they already elected one moron and that two would be too much. THAT, and the fact that I'm not on as frequently anymore.

ALSO on the topic of joining this site, the only reason I stuck around is because I like all the people here. The only reason I joined was because SOMEONEmy worst enemy forced me to last year. I'm not a pokemon fan, I wouldn't have stuck around long if I had joined for JUST the Pokemon ;L
Blrg.

On the topic of School, I have never NOT failed math before. But the good news is, I've already taken all the tests I NEED to to get out of the prison we call school, so I'm still gonna get to graduate and leave this dump.

And, Ayara. Sorry to say this, but...
AHAhAHAHAHA, I LAUGH AT YOUR MISERY. LIFE'S GONNA SUCK SO BAD NEXT YEAR, TOO BAD I WON'T BE HERE TO PHYSICALLY LAUGH AT YOU. OH GOD, IT'S GONNA BE SO FUNNY. YOU'RE GOING TO HATE THAT CLASS SO FRIGGEN BAD, AND YOU WON'T HAVE ANYONE TO COMPLAIN TO BECAUSE WE'LL ALL BE LAUGHING SO HARD.
--
Now, to check out the RP...
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus