* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [OOCC] - Disgaea: Presence of Favoritism  (Read 21066 times)

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] - Disgaea: Presence of Favoritism
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »
I'm usually never right in arguments on here either. Mostly because it's usually with Frenchfry or Silver.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 10:09:06 PM »
I'm usually never right in arguments on here either. Mostly because it's usually with Frenchfry or Silver.

Yeah, you kind of stack the odds against yourself when that happens.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
Sora, I'm not angry at you really for your comments, I'm more annoyed at silver for his.  What if I Rped that I walked up took your samurai's items and just lit them on fire destroying them, just because I think your idea for them is a little dumb...  It's just an idea, not all of them are going to be the best.  Get over it, and really your gonna go as far as to hunt a stupid amulet.  It speaks volumes of your maturity.

Edit: I just read what you posted in the RP.  Can you please stop posting about an item my character found.  It should be my call what's done with it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:57:55 PM by Bing »

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason why he did that.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 10:49:11 PM »
It doesn't matter, you don't attack something about someone's character just because you don't like an idea, or it's similar to one someone else had.

Yeah, you know that was a KILL SPELL I was being nice by letting you keep it. The nince cuts would
have vaporized the stupid amulet.
I guess I'll get Sora's "assistance" to actually kill it.

Cause honestly, I think this "fuse" idea is kind of really just dumb.

This is all the proof I need.  I had respect for silver and it has dropped a bit now, with this bout of immaturity.  I hope that all of this can just be forgotten and we can move on with the RP and I also hope that proves to be the level headed mature person I thought he was.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:53:10 PM by Bing »

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »
Out of all of the people in the world, Silver is one of the most mature people. And it's his char, he can do what he wants with him. He's not modding your char, and there's nothing in the rules about it.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
The comment made about him wanting to destroy it because he thinks it is dumb, is immature.  So your saying I could rp that I walk up and burn Fry's hat just because I think it's dumb.  That's not being respectful of another PU member.  Which is in the rules.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:13 PM »
I've seen enough.

To solve this... I don't know what needs to be done...

For now, I'd suggest the amulet becomes a unique equip, but cannot interact with the character, beyond stat increases.

It's not really dumb, more of an unfair advantage...

In Alora's case, she is starting to get bits of her memory back, learning bow skills...

The rest of them get stronger/better with their abilities because they keep using them.

Again, having an item tell you how to make yourself more powerful is an unfair advantage...
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
I've seen enough.

To solve this... I don't know what needs to be done...

For now, I'd suggest the amulet becomes a unique equip, but cannot interact with the character, beyond stat increases.

It's not really dumb, more of an unfair advantage...

In Alora's case, she is starting to get bits of her memory back, learning bow skills...

The rest of them get stronger/better with their abilities because they keep using them.

Again, having an item tell you how to make yourself more powerful is an unfair advantage...
That might be one of the reasons why Silver thinks it's a dumb idea, which is why his character tried to destroy it.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
My character has a mental dysfunction having a guide makes sense.  Sorry, maybe my character needs a guide to get stronger, maybe that is what makes him unique.

Also, nothing anyone has said has addressed the disrespect I received.  Which is against forum rules.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:11:29 PM by Bing »

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 11:12:35 PM »
wow... i think i am done here... this rp is going to die soon if this keeps up.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:22 PM »
I agree with Rex.  I'm not gonna stay here and take disrespect, consider me out of this RP.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 11:21:31 PM »
No offense, Bing, but With an Rp that has this many members, it is very difficult to keep track of EVERY character.

Because of this, I'm not sure many of us were aware of your character's mental state.

Come back, and explain to us in full detail, what the amulet is, does, and it's purpose.

Then we can get a reasonable solution.

Flaming is also against the rules, so I don't want to anything like I saw earlier.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »
I never "flamed" I even spoke highly of silver at one part and I told sora that I'm not angry.  I'm just annoyed that's all.  My personality (not a characters) does not let me take disrespect lightly, and after I stated what I felt about a post they still continued to post to their own wishes disregarding everything I said.

So overall. I'm sorry if I flamed, though I don't think I did.  It's just when I feel disrespected, I don't sit down and say "Oh, well..."  I let my point of view known and defend myself. 

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 11:58:39 PM »
I never "flamed" I even spoke highly of silver at one part and I told sora that I'm not angry.  I'm just annoyed that's all.  My personality (not a characters) does not let me take disrespect lightly, and after I stated what I felt about a post they still continued to post to their own wishes disregarding everything I said.

So overall. I'm sorry if I flamed, though I don't think I did.  It's just when I feel disrespected, I don't sit down and say "Oh, well..."  I let my point of view known and defend myself.

The reason i find that amulet dumb is because of what you're letting it do.

You literally gave yourself a stat boosting item that even comes with the extremely cliched concept of "fusion". You really can't say that you need this "guide" of yours just because of the mental state of your character. Actually, I find that sad. I just went thourgh omnicide as a shizophrenic. It was great.

I had a problem with your unfair item. I tried to solve the problem in character. You, on the other hand, decided that you were going to have a fit and run away. If you have a problem with it, deal with it in character. Giving up and running like you just did is also a sign of immaturity.

Do you know whats dissrespectful? Giving up on the RP while everyone was willing to play with you.

I'm more than happy to welcome you back, but I have no regrets watching you leave either.

I'll ask you to reconsider your descision.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.