* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Many things Could happen...  (Read 5020 times)

Offline PokeTheory

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Many things Could happen...
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:53:28 AM »
There are plenty of ways to chansey this good idea MMO up. This is a MMO and not a Classical turn based pokemon game (It needs to be a perfectly well tuned STRATEGY game that always will have good TRAINERS thinking about perfect party combination with right abilitys for each occasion). I have seen a lot of little kids post in the forums with stupid ass retarded ideas that would chanseyed up a MMO but maybe not their little old school classical type pokemon game.

What would be a game-breaker would be players able to use Legendary pokemon, what i have done in past games was grab all the legendarys and blow stuff up with them, i really never felt the urge to play with any other pokemon because i had the legendarys.
These legendary pokemon should be 'bosses' in the game, just uttering the words legendary pokemon should strike fear into all players. These Legendary pokemon should be in their dwellings protecting their caves or what ever they live in, it should be a goal to navigate through the cave, fighting difficult pokemon to get to the end where the legendary pokemon will be sitting there waiting for you. Once engaged it should take your entire party of pokemon to defeat him, and a reward would be given to you once its done and thats up to the designers to figure out.
There should be time to set up a perfect party to navigate the cave and to defeat the boss.
(rewards could be, rare candy??, stones  (make stones really really rare other than boss fights) poke balls, Rare boss ablilitys from a TM)

I hope this game is more strategy involved instead of just trying to kill everything with your starter pokemon like i normally do in the other games and it works too good (except on some occasions where i mite get another pokemon that can do it better but only on a rare occasion).

I have more ideas and i will post them if i get good feedback from developers such as ideas for zones and caves, Gyms and all sorts of stuff.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
Re: Many things Could happen...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »
It has already been said millions of times before: Legendary pokemon will NOT be catchable, though i am pretty sure you will be able to interact and battle them in the game.

Please use the search bar because topics like this have been brought up before.
sup

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 04:25:47 AM »
I love how you play other users down about retarded ideas, yet yours are so blatantly obvious that it makes me wonder how far along you think this game is.

No legendaries? Thank god for this guy. Because thats NEVER been said before. If you reallyl ooked at these 'stupid' ideas, maybe you should also read the responses to them, you know, so that you can see what's already been answered and closed.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 04:32:00 AM »
Thank you for summarising one of the first basic principles behind this game.
As a developer I was not aware of the decisions that us developers had made.
Hooray for life.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline PokeTheory

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 04:51:52 AM »
I have finally came to the conclusion that this place is filled with morons and i have no idea how far this game is really.
I do believe i said i also know that there was no plans to add legends as catchable but had them able to be used in quests (thats about the stupidest idea ever, why the hell would you want to be able to 'use' a legendary pokemon for just a quest, pointless and would not progress the game, or the player in any way)?
but i think in this post i suggested that they could be used as Boss which i have not seen it suggested yet. But then again i have been a member for something around 3hours or less, and i have nothing but good intention for this game.

Its pokemon, i would hope everyone expects tons of little kids and childish suggestions, and this is what i meant by stupid suggestions.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 04:56:37 AM »
The site is filled with morons, and yet trying to read the convoluted mess that is your post is still nearly giving me a headache.

Maybe if you didn't come off as such a smug prick, we'd be a bit more tolerant.

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 04:59:22 AM »
....I like Pokemon.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 05:30:20 AM »
I have finally came to the conclusion that this place is filled with morons and i have no idea how far this game is really.
I do believe i said i also know that there was no plans to add legends as catchable but had them able to be used in quests (thats about the stupidest idea ever, why the hell would you want to be able to 'use' a legendary pokemon for just a quest, pointless and would not progress the game, or the player in any way)?
but i think in this post i suggested that they could be used as Boss which i have not seen it suggested yet. But then again i have been a member for something around 3hours or less, and i have nothing but good intention for this game.

Its pokemon, i would hope everyone expects tons of little kids and childish suggestions, and this is what i meant by stupid suggestions.

It's over 9000!

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 05:53:10 AM »

Its almost like you're trying to come off as intelligent, yet at the same time, your grammar and sentence structure are so illegible, it completely destroys any hope of you actually pulling it off.

I don't see why every single part of the game has to be mapped out for everyone. Last time I checked, users don't know the spawn points of enemies and the entire storyline of a triple A title before its even released. Why should this be any different? Again, do you really think that "legendaries should be bosses" is an unheard of idea?

Hell, one could argue that legendaries are boss battles in core the games already.

Don't try to act condescending with your Mary Sue ideas.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »
I'm not well known, I come by once in a while and check up on things, no one will really care what I have to say but oh well. For real poketheory, I think the creators and staff can do what they wish for the game. Your trying to act smart or whatever and calling people morons, retarded, stupid but really as far as we have seen, you're just explaining yourself. Come on man, you don't even know the game, or how far along it is but you still go complaining about everything when you don't know anything about it. Common sense, noobs these days...

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23:28 AM »
USING LEGENDARIES AS BOSSES?
GENIU-- wait... hold on... we thought that up too. =/
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 09:31:20 AM »
 PokeTheory, all you were doing in your post is explaining how even the original games worked... Work through puzzles, defeat other Pokémon and end up at the Boss which here is the Legendary. The puzzles might have not been as challenging as you would have wanted, but that doesn't change the fact that you had to solve them.

- Doing quests that involved a legendary? Ever seen any of the Pokémon Movies? I am guessing yes, so you can just see how it wouldn't be pointless, since those movies usually involved the Trainer working with a Legendary to prevent some kind of disaster. At the end he never got to catch them.

- About the "strategy involvement" in the game... Battles. You need to use each Pokémon to it's fullest advantage and always try to counteract the other Trainer's Pokémon. I am guessing you didn't do too much of that since you were too involved with your Legendaries, but maybe you at least thought of always using a legendary that had a type advantage. There you have it. 
It needs to be a perfectly well tuned STRATEGY game that always will have good TRAINERS thinking about perfect party combination with right abilitys for each occasion.

Sorry but the original games already had that to begin with. So thumbs-up for that suggestion.

Okay enough of your ideas for now, let's go back to you. From what I read I concluded that you are one of those people who is timid and cowardly in real life, which makes you want to be smart-asses on the internet to boost your self-ego and get attention. Well you achieved the attention with degrading anything and everything in your path, but not the kind of attention that will make it fun for you to be with people.

Also as Silver and Frenchfry already said, your text is full of grammatical errors, and the ideas are mediocre at best, and the only thing making it worse is that it's all been thought of before. So I'm sure you meant to say that you are one of those morons, since you thought of the same things as them.

Good luck next time, please try again but this time wear your "Sunny Identity".
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

zylonnick

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 10:04:11 AM »
Wat's with being so harsh towards the new user, you guys? Breaking the guy will only make him more timid and smartass on the internet. You guys are right nevertheless.

@PokeTheory:
1) Try to read the "game"-section.
2) Use the searchbar before making a post like this.
3) Try to avoid grammatical errors (like earlier mentioned)
4) Don't call the developers/informed users morons or retarded, it will make your (virtual) life alot easier.
5) The game is being developed at the moment, how far they are with it only they now (and the ones who read the forums).
6) Don't be a smartass, we don't like them here.

Greetz,
one of the 'morons',
Ponge

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
Wat's with being so harsh towards the new user, you guys? Breaking the guy will only make him more timid and smartass on the internet. You guys are right nevertheless.

@PokeTheory:
1) Try to read the "game"-section.
2) Use the searchbar before making a post like this.
3) Try to avoid grammatical errors (like earlier mentioned)
4) Don't call the developers/informed users morons or retarded, it will make your (virtual) life alot easier.
5) The game is being developed at the moment, how far they are with it only they now (and the ones who read the forums).
6) Don't be a smartass, we don't like them here.

Greetz,
one of the 'morons',
Ponge

Yea i didn't get that part, i only got mad when he called us morons. But there no for the bashing.
It's over 9000!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
I would appreciatie it, if next you guys just report the topic and let one of the PU team handle this.

Now this topic has ended with about 9 people bashing 1 dude (even though his idea's have been posted a hundred million times before). This kinda reminds me of a topic which has been made a few days ago about the "well-known" members being harsh against new members.

Anyway, I'm locking this topic because everything has been answered. PokeTheory feel free to join us at the chat sometime, we might be less of a dickhead there.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".