Pokémon Universe > Archived

Styles of 'battling'

<< < (6/6)

Gammal:

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 22, 2010, 02:04:24 PM ---The last time I checked the EV/Ability Replacement thread, it was momentarily 'off' for modifications about the system. But before that, the new features did seem to have quite an impact on the battles. One being 'doubles the chances of landing a critical hit', another being 'makes the pokemon immune to XXX' where XXX is a status problem.

--- End quote ---

Me and Level5Pidgey are currently working on devising good talents for each Pokemon, but this process is going to take time, since we are working in different time zones.
We are doing  unique trees for each Pokemon to make it as balanced as possible.

Jerry:
Ok, so you mean it's possible that one 'line' of pokemon get certain talents, but not another line, though they may have some in common?

That's what I was trying to ask last time.

Gammal:

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 22, 2010, 04:28:46 PM ---Ok, so you mean it's possible that one 'line' of pokemon get certain talents, but not another line, though they may have some in common?

That's what I was trying to ask last time.

--- End quote ---

Line as in water Pokemon for example?
In that case no.
Some Pokemon will have similar or even the exact same talents, at least some. But none will have the same "tree"
Also, placement of these talents may very from poke to poke, for balancing sake.

And what I mean by that is if you look at a pokemon like swampert,  and let say we give him a -30% damage from grass attacks, this would be a high tier talent, but if you instead look at Blastoise, the same talent may appear but will probobly be placed in a lower tier (ie easier to get)

Jerry:
By line, I meant the line 'Squirtle, Wartotle, Blastoise', or 'Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert' from your example. I say that because the talents will surely be quite early to be available so that there is real training from the very start (well, or some time after the start) and all pokemon are concerned.

You already said though that they could have some similar talents in common, but not all. So, that part is ok.

Mr_Dark:
No need to let this topic open.

#locked and archived.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version