Pokémon Universe > Archived

Styles of 'battling'

<< < (2/6) > >>

Alais:
I think linking moves like in mystery dungeon is a bad idea, as is having the power of a pokemon in its pokeball affect the battle (because it doesn't happen in the anime).

However

Pokemon Universe is NOT a gameboy game. It is a MMO and needs adjusting to match. The main reason for this has been covered extensively by Level5Pidgey, and is that 80% of pokemon are useless in competitive PvP battles, and as such we absolutely require that something is added or changed from the existing (heavily imbalanced and therefore flawed) battle system. The second reason is that new game mechanics add a new and exciting spin to what is going to be a new game.

ghostman50:

--- Quote ---The only change that I would really like is making the terrain an advantage, or disadvantage. This doesn't really affect the pokemon itself, but the battle. The terrain is there already, why not make use of it?
--- End quote ---

Im totally for a terrain stat boost. (if that is what you are trying to convey)

Not only in  tournaments, but something like this could be added to Gym battles as well.

Mr_Dark:
+1 for letting battle stay the old style (otherwise I have to rewrite the whole shii again :<)

Draagn:
I say they stay the same

schindle:
is it that essential hard to implement such 'effects' for old attacks? do you really have to change a lot? :-)
it would be work, for sure, but i guess it would be usefull and would make PU to something very unique. If you find some people to make the balance thing, and only have to programm it, would it be that hard? :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version