* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hmm.. perhaps randomized spawn points.  (Read 12167 times)

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Hmm.. perhaps randomized spawn points.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »
I never found this to be particularly an issue. Pokemon are mostly where you expect them, and why not have a few colonies which have moved to unexpected locations? It happens in the real world after all. As for only finding a few species in one patch of grass (it is normally around 8-10, which isn't really that few), there are a few reasons for it: 1) It makes the trainer travel and makes working out where to find a particular pokemon more of a challenge, 2) species tend to stick together in groups and compete with other species, meaning that it makes sense only a few can tolerate being near each other, and 3) you don't find an even distribution of a ton of different species in every similar-looking habitat, there is differentiation.

Ok , so, it would be nice if a few colonies moved around, but they're always in the same boring location, I would like to see randomization in a swarm type manner in which pokemon of various sorts travel, and are more frequently flocked together habitually.

1) I agree with the travel, but that's not really the main focus of this, it's the habitual spawning tendencies. Travel was never an issue, as in my idea it just changes tendencies and eliminates set spawn points, ergo, it would in fact increase travel.

2)I believe this is true as well, but in a forest would you not expect to find a plethora of bug and plant pokemon and perhaps even a few miscellaneous ones? I'm just throwing out an opt for a little realism. In reality, there would be around 50 different species roaming a few habitats, although I guess what you're saying is that would alter travel and a few other things. I see where you're right, but I also see a slight potential in this as well, which is why I am trying my best to defend it.  ::)

3) I would like you to elaborate on this in a little more detail if possible please.

Overall, it seems like not too many people understand, nor even accept the main concept of this idea, so I'm actually starting to lose interest myself.

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »
I don't think it was obvious what you meant to begin with. I think I see now and you have a point. Pokemon should have a set of places where they can appear, but they shouldn't always be there. Like if there were 10 different places a particular pokemon might be, they might only be in 3 of them at any one time. This would mean there might be 15-20 different species that sometimes appear in a patch of grass, but only 1/3 of them would be there at a time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:42:02 PM by Alais »
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »
YESSS  ;D Thank you for being the one  to understand, I mean there can be multiple spawn locations with a random chance to get one of the spawn sets. I mean it would be easy to implement three different spawn sets or so that could be used for one area through variable chance, that's what I am mainly going for. Just a little randomization to make the player feel more immersed in a real type of world  :D

Offline striker2524

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 05:17:36 AM »
an idea like that is what i hopeing the real pokemon company would do but now thats there is this thats just another thing to make it better

Offline Interested Listener

• Beginning Trainer
  • "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 05:37:52 AM »
I know this would prolong development and possibly create problems but what if the original Pokemon that is being placed in a different environment were to change. I am not talking like total evolution but maybe a different stat change or altered moves.

Maybe............. :)
The Interested Listener

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 07:10:18 AM »
I know this would prolong development and possibly create problems but what if the original Pokemon that is being placed in a different environment were to change. I am not talking like total evolution but maybe a different stat change or altered moves.

Maybe............. :)

lol that has nothing to do with this topic, do a search and then please post on the correct topic  :D Plus, I doubt that will happen on a majority of implemented content.

Offline Dvys

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Anime <3
    • View Profile
    • Chip Creations
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »
Uh,, I don't see any reason why he posted it in the wrong topic? =]
Please explain  ???

This topic is about finding Pokemon in a certain area (i.e. Powerplant: Pikachu, Voltorbs, Jolteons,..).
Interested Listener brought in the idea that if a Pokemon is found in certain circumstances, it would have other stats than the same Pokemon who is living in other circumstances  :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 01:32:29 PM »
I don't think it was obvious what you meant to begin with. I think I see now and you have a point. Pokemon should have a set of places where they can appear, but they shouldn't always be there. Like if there were 10 different places a particular pokemon might be, they might only be in 3 of them at any one time. This would mean there might be 15-20 different species that sometimes appear in a patch of grass, but only 1/3 of them would be there at a time.

Was it that hard to explain it like that stephenkill?

Now, that is clearer. Yes, it would be good idea to make it like that.

And yes, I agree with Dvys, Interested Listener is not off topic at all. His idea is good also.

Like say there are 10 areas to find a pikachu (the famous one), one of them being in the mountains. When the colony of pikachu will go in the mountains (which is actually frequently struck by lightning, for example), the wild pikachus there will have a higher chance of having a better than average special attack (and perhaps also increase the chance that another stat is lower than normal). This can vary from region to region of encounter.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 08:00:45 PM »
Oh yes, explained like that I concur, it actually sounds plausible and I would like to see some type of system like that implemented as well.

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »
Thanks, sorry stephekill I should have explained it thoroughly. :)
The Interested Listener

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
Lol it's alright, it's my bad for not thinking about your question thoroughly. It's an awesome idea, like in caves they have rocksmash, and grass pokemon with sunny day and such  ;D I could actually really get into an idea like that, you should make a thread where we can all build on the idea! ;)

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 12:50:48 AM »
Oh really alright I will look into that thanks for the idea.
The Interested Listener