* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Legendary Pokemon idea  (Read 3827 times)

Offline gregmatson21

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Legendary Pokemon idea
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:01:26 AM »
Hey all, I had an idea as to Legendary pokemon. Not sure if this has been tossed around since I'm new. But I thought like every so often a Legendary pokemon would appear and its like a world event. Legendary pokemon should be super rare and hard to capture since their legendary.

Say for example a Mewtwo event, where he is placed in the Cerulean Caves and he will spawn at random times for a certain duration like he spawns 2 times a day for 2 days. Can only catch him one time. Maybe throw in a puzzle before him and whoever completes the puzzle gets a shot at capturing him. First one to complete the puzzle will get a shot, if he fails then the next person has a chance until someone catches him or kills him.

Now I also think you should meet certain requirements to participate in this, like owning all the badges.

I know this is very generic but just throwing and idea out there. Thanks guys keep up the great work!!!

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Pokemon idea
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:04:59 AM »
This has actually been planned already. The game will not include legendaries for capture, but will include them in a different way. It's supposed to be a surprise from what I understand.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 07:10:46 AM »
Hey all, I had an idea as to Legendary pokemon. Not sure if this has been tossed around since I'm new. But I thought like every so often a Legendary pokemon would appear and its like a world event. Legendary pokemon should be super rare and hard to capture since their legendary.

Say for example a Mewtwo event, where he is placed in the Cerulean Caves and he will spawn at random times for a certain duration like he spawns 2 times a day for 2 days. Can only catch him one time. Maybe throw in a puzzle before him and whoever completes the puzzle gets a shot at capturing him. First one to complete the puzzle will get a shot, if he fails then the next person has a chance until someone catches him or kills him.

Now I also think you should meet certain requirements to participate in this, like owning all the badges.

I know this is very generic but just throwing and idea out there. Thanks guys keep up the great work!!!

Next time use the search bar, or look at the FAQ.  It has been discussed.  There will be no legendary pokemon for Players use.  Though you may get to use one as part of a quest, but you won't be able to capture it.  (This idea was discussed and is unconfirmed at the moment, except for he part that you can't catch legendary pokemon)

Offline gregmatson21

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 07:16:12 AM »
Thanks i looked around but didn't see anything regarding Legendaries.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:29:34 AM »
Yeah, they should make that more clear. But this post should be locked so no one rages on it. Feel free to ask any other questions, but be sure to search before you post. :)
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »
Thanks i looked around but didn't see anything regarding Legendaries.

You obviously didnt look hard. Stickied on the top of the Ideas & Suggestions forums is this thread: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,1803.0.html

I also searched the word legendary and came up with a dozens post like this( http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?topic=1038.0 ) which detail the fact that you will not be able to catch legendaries at all.

Next time ACTUALLY look around for it before you say you did.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
Congrats OP. You are blind.
Legendary discussion is all over this goddamn stupid forum.

Believe me, if it was up to me I'd be giving you a warning right now.

/Locked.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:24:27 PM by Level5Pidgey »
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.