Pokémon Universe > Balance Server Testing

Post Awesome Sets Here!

(1/5) > >>

Level5Pidgey:
A thread for you guys to share cool sets - and critique them!
If you post a really good one we might include it in our reports!

Mr. Fox:
My signature Scrafty set:

Scrafty:
Careful Nature
Evs: 252 Hp, 4 Def, 252 SpD
Moves: Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Crunch, Ice Punch
Item: Leftovers

You can substitute Rest for Ice Punch if you want some more livability. With its ev spread it is optimized to abuse bulk up. Not really much more to say.

Tickles:
These are my sets for some of my fave pokemon that work out well.

Stalleon (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize/Analytic
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Payback
- Heal Bell
- Wish/moonlight

A simple stall set, but extremely effective. This takes advantage of Umbreon's defenses. The strategy is to use curse as much as you can, healing when your health is close to 60%, and using heal bell to stop statuses. Once you're boosted, keep using payback for the best sweep ever. Synchronize takes care of status users, except for sleep, and you can heal your self to get an advantage. Analytic will boost attacking moves that go last, so payback becomes an even better move. Either ability is fine to use. The only thing you have to worry about is taunters, and forced switches, so if you feel it coming, bail.

Unburden (Liepard) (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 128 Def / 128 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Simple strategy, the spread allows you to take advantage of the speed you gain with unburden, and take at least a hit from non-boosted pokemon. After that, Twave or Swagger are your options, followed by foul play. Always use Fake out first to get rid of Normal gem, and activate Unburden, and you can outspeed most opponents instantly. Remember that fake out is resisted by ghosts, so don't waste it, switch out.

Counter Weavile (Weavile) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Counter
- Night Slash

Weavile is a fun poke to use especially because of its speed and use of two priority moves. The idea here is to use him as a lead, or a sweeper for a physical attacker. Use fake out to get a flinch and a bit of damage off your opponent, just be careful of pokemon with non-flinching abilities, and use counter if you see a physical attack coming. This may need a bit of practice. Focus sash allows you to retain 1 HP, and counter gets max damage. However, Weavile becomes useless after this, and can only use Ice shard or Night slash as a last resort to get some damage off the opponent for your next poke. Another way to use it is to fake out, then switch to a wall so you can save Weavile for a finishing move on physical attackers.

Bing:
Well, here's my new favorite.  Emboar.

Pain @ Choice Scarf.
Trait: Reckless
Evs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Sp
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Superpower
-Earthquake

This is a very simple yet effective set.  It takes advantage of Emboar's high attack stat.  The choice scarf makes up for it's lack of speed.  Basically Emboar is going to hit hard and out speed most of the meta-game.  Flare Blitz is your main STAB attack and it also receives a boots from Reckless.  Wild Charge is one of my main ways to repel water pokemon (I use mono-fire), it also gets a boost from Reckless.  Superpower is just a nice STAB fighting move.  Use it when it's super effective, a revenge kill is it's best play.  Switch after because the loss of attack cripples Emboar.  And well Earthquake allows Emboar to deal with other fire types that may cause it problems.  As they resist Flare Blitz.

Roloc:
I suppose I can spare two builds and still be feared. :P

Ledian (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch
- ThunderPunch

While having a jolly nature gives Ledian a speed of almost 400 it is made better by the choice band which boosts it's attack to a little over 460! Every Punch is boosted by iron fist.....choose the best SE attack and punch away.

Durant (F) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Hustle boosts Durants attack but lowers its accuracy. Wide lens helps to make up for this. Thunder waves accuracy is not affected by hustle so don't worry about it missing. With the Jolly nature Durants speed becomes 348 which is really nice. I have found that this set can hurt tanks pretty bad because of the paralyze/iron head combo barely lets them do anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version