Off-Topic Discussions > Other Chat

New Bill in the states censors the internet!?

(1/7) > >>

Bing:
Just wondering if anyone saw this or not yet.  It's a new bill in the states to crack down on Internet Piracy.  Basically from what I understand, there is no longer a court order needed to shut down a website.  Just an accusation.  (I could be wrong as I just read it quickly)

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/112%20HR%203261.pdf

And this is a blog post about it.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111110/16032716714/can-defenders-sopa-explain-how-you-define-taking-deliberate-action-to-avoid-taking-action.shtml

Kamaran:
it's 01:00 and there are 78 pages
I'll read it some other time.

Silver:
They've tried this crap before. The US thinks they have power where they really don't.
Go to ThePirateBay sometime and read some of the C&Ds they get. A really good documentary on the subject of copyright and piracy is called Rip: A Remix Manifesto
Its a good watch, a good informer on some of the things you can and cannot do.
I'm pretty sure this can be breaking a couple of things in your consitution, you know, that thing you have that says you can't be accused without a valid reason, free speech, privacy and all that other fun stuff.

I'll be severly dissapointed wit your country if this pulls through, because that means that your politicians just kind of threw your basic rights as an individual out the window for capitalism.

TrainerX:

--- Quote from: Silver on November 12, 2011, 01:36:09 AM ---They've tried this crap before. The US thinks they have power where they really don't.
Go to ThePirateBay sometime and read some of the C&Ds they get. A really good documentary on the subject of copyright and piracy is called Rip: A Remix Manifesto
Its a good watch, a good informer on some of the things you can and cannot do.
I'm pretty sure this can be breaking a couple of things in your consitution, you know, that thing you have that says you can't be accused without a valid reason, free speech, privacy and all that other fun stuff.

I'll be severly dissapointed wit your country if this pulls through, because that means that your politicians just kind of threw your basic rights as an individual out the window for capitalism.

--- End quote ---
Most of our politicians are really stupid *cough*Obama*cough*, so don't be too surprised if it happens.

Bing:
Ok, let's get serious here.  Obama is not a problem.  If you think that then... You're lost.  I bet you'd vote for Perry, who want's to do away with education, commerce and oh wait.... He can't remember the Third.  Or maybe you'd vote for the sex abuser.  Herman Cain I believe.

Am I right?

Edit: My bad on the political outburst.  It's just... Ah chansey it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version