* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [CLOSED] The Elemental Elites (continues in the new thread)  (Read 171302 times)

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Official Elemental Elites thread
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
lmao Roloc xD, yeah I did that, transferred all my Pokemon to White C:
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline CelaGhost

• Beginning Trainer
  • If we can't revolt, Monimex, then we shall riot.
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Elemental Elites
« Reply #376 on: February 29, 2012, 02:48:27 AM »
Okay.. so I did some thinking and although I like ghost types, I only like 4 ghost pokemon(not including preevolutions).
So I'd like to change my type to fighting plss.

NVM: pls don't change.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:41:08 AM by CelaGhost »

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 29, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »
Ghosts are the most rare, and there aren't many more good ones than just enough to make a team. Surely you don't think there are only four useful ones.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 29, 2012, 05:47:45 AM »
Okay.. so I did some thinking and although I like ghost types, I only like 4 ghost pokemon(not including preevolutions).
So I'd like to change my type to fighting plss.

Thats fine. :)
You can be any type you want. It's best to pick the type you have the most fun with...thats what I did and haven't changed once.

Ghosts are the most rare, and there aren't many more good ones than just enough to make a team. Surely you don't think there are only four useful ones.
He only meant that there are four ghost pokemon that he likes. I think there are only 2 that I like. XD
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 29, 2012, 06:37:11 AM »
Ok well...change away then. I'm not going to start saying people can't change types. That would just be annoying and make people worried about experimenting with different types because they may not already be confident in which one they want yet.

Offline CelaGhost

• Beginning Trainer
  • If we can't revolt, Monimex, then we shall riot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:56 AM »
I take back what I said about liking only 4 of them  :-[. All ghost pokemon are awesome in their own way.

But after being shown the light by Roloc and Chad29, I'm going back to the ghost pokemon. Srry, guys.
I'm changing my mind after changing my mind about ghost pokemon. I don't know what came over me. Oh yea, it was experience the PO using only one type for the first time. But I see my error. srry ghost pokemon!

Offline Miserybiz

• Beginning Trainer
  • The first rule of flying... love
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #381 on: February 29, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »

=p
MY TEAM! Gotta love 'em.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 29, 2012, 03:25:18 PM »

=p
lmfao I love that, reminded me of this xD
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 29, 2012, 08:47:22 PM »
That's hilarious. It's ok Cela. Just as long as you're happy. ghosts aren't my favorite type, but I have nothing against individual ghosts. It's just that they're mostly weak against dark attacks and even the two that aren't don't have an advantage over dark types.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 01, 2012, 05:20:19 PM »
That's hilarious. It's ok Cela. Just as long as you're happy. ghosts aren't my favorite type, but I have nothing against individual ghosts. It's just that they're mostly weak against dark attacks and even the two that aren't don't have an advantage over dark types.

Welcome to my world...

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 01, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
There are two fighting/psychic types as well as steel/psychic types. I don't think you're quite in the same boat, though most psychics do worry about dark types.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #386 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »

Welcome to my world...

Lol. Want a type that has a hard time with it's counters? Normal! Kidding, I still think fight is a bit under powered, at least with the likes of Reckless Staraptor and Rock Head Dodrio running around. ::)

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2012, 03:50:49 AM »

Welcome to my world...

Lol. Want a type that has a hard time with it's counters? Normal! Kidding, I still think fight is a bit under powered, at least with the likes of Reckless Staraptor and Rock Head Dodrio running around. ::)

Don't feel bad.

I have a hard time with Scarfed Archeops.  That stupid thing is so dam annoying.

zylonnick

« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »

Welcome to my world...

Don't feel bad.

I have a hard time with Scarfed Archeops.  That stupid thing is so dam annoying.

Every team has it's counters, you can't prevent that. But you can try to find solutions for those problems and incorporate them in your team. That's what teambuilding is al about. Especially monotype trainers like ourselves will have to be creative with movesets and pokémon builds to overcome these obstacles and surpass those regular teams. But that's also the beauty of monotype battling and probably the reason why most of our guildmembers are here. To show off the strength of your pokémon type and to let them shine in battle...

And that was the end of today's class, people. Don't forget to bring me your reports on monotype battling by next monday ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:09:51 PM by Ponge »

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »

Welcome to my world...

Don't feel bad.

Every team has it's counters, you can't prevent that. But you can try to find solutions for those problems and incorporate them in your team. That's what teambuilding is al about. Especially monotype trainers like ourselves will have to be creative with movesets and pokémon builds to overcome these obstacles and surpass those regular teams. But that's also the beauty of monotype battling and probably the reason why most of our guildmembers are here. To show off the strength of your pokémon type and to let them shine in battle...

And that was the end of today's class, people. Don't forget to bring me your reports on monotype battling by next monday ;)

I have my Psychic thesis type and printed. It'll be on your desk come Monday :)

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams