Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction & Writing

Aristos's Story

(1/1)

Aristos:
As I grew up life became difficult, many things I didn't knew... I was Asian, as I finally grew up and went to school. As I was in Kindergarden, I wasn't able to speak English. When everyone talked to me saying, "Hello, how are you doing?" I didn't know how to reply, so I always kept my mouth shut.

As we learn about math, science, etc. I was always picked because I didn't talk that much. As the teacher choose me to answer the question. I would always shrug my shoulders, which gave me a bad conduct behavior grade for not participating. And my grades were as horrible as well, because I couldn't understand English.

As I move up grades, I finally learn English and was able to learn properly at school. But sadly, as I learn English I found out many things such as cursing and racism. Everytime I walk by some people would probably talk about me calling me a 'chink' or make fun of me by using their hands and extending their eyes. Sometimes I wish I didn't know English, but sometimes it came in handy. I would help my mother by translating.

But when I was in school, I didn't knew how to fit in either, so I just kept my mouth shut and did nothing. I was the only Asian at my school so it was tough. But someone named Alex became my best friend no matter what I am. We would talk and talk.

And when we were on a field trip, his father saw me talking to him and he ran up to me and said, "Alex, don't talk to this Asian kid. Remember what Asians did to us?"

I was hurt and I didn't feel like making any friends anymore. By the time I was in fourth grade, I finally fitted in, I had many friends and more. I feel like I was happy that I learned English.

As the years passes by, I begin learning more about America, and learning alot in school. So this is my story.

DayStar:
Very heart-felt, a good biography of you (If it is you ;)), I can still tell in places where you go wrong with english but a very heart touching story!

Jerry:
By the way, what language did you know then?

zachattackary:
Its an inspirational story

Eslin:

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 25, 2010, 11:51:50 AM ---By the way, what language did you know then?

--- End quote ---
I place my bets on Cantonese. I had similar predicaments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version