Pokémon Discussion > Anime & Movies

Why the Anime Sucks

<< < (4/7) > >>

Tristan:
You know, I watched it a few times and I'll admit Brock sounds more...rougher, but it definitely caught me off guard when I first heard it. Can't say I'm a fan but I see your point. It's kind of funny because in the games, Brock never expressed any interest in being a breeder, and Misty never appeared to have any sisters. Their characters, along with "Red's", if Ash is even worthy of that name, were totally changed and mixed around. I know why, it adds depth and personality to them, but still, the game incarnations of Brock and Misty seemed pretty content as gym leaders. And yeah, Oak is just annoying. The same guy who plays him plays James now, and the problem is it's highly noticeable, like on a ridiculous level. I don't know, I don't have much interest in watching it anymore anyway because I'd just watch the subbed version if I did, but even so, it's kind of sad to see what the English versions have become. Especially when the original series was probably one of the only English subbed shows out there that wasn't dreadful.

Darkstar64:
I don't understand why dubbed has to be terrible all the time! There are only about 5 good japanese anime voice actors, and you notice them when two characters from separate series have the same voice. It detracts from their overall individualism, the very little they may have.

Shizuka:
Yeah, Americans can never catch the same awesome feel and technique to capturing our love for anime as the Japanese do :)
The only animes I watch in dub are Code Geass(because they actually have amazing voice actors!) and Hetalia(the fake accents are hilarious xD)
I like the Japanese dub with english subbed version of Pokemon better because it is so much more original, the names of the pokemon, the attack names...though the thing that made me the most irritated with B/W was that after ALL THIS TIME, Ash is STILL 10 years old, has not gotten ANY better at training pokemon or winning battles, and Pikachu, who should be level 100, gets beaten by a Snivy, level 5...

Tristan:
Exactly. As far as the anime goes, I honestly don't think it was that bad until after the Advanced Generation. Ash mentoring May made him seem older and more mature, and he seemed better at catching and battling. He even managed to win the Battle Frontier. Then what do they do? Send him home to Pallet where he is easily beaten by Gary who hasn't even been a trainer for at least 4 seasons at that point. After that he just seemed like a nobody, I mean I understand why he wants to only bring only Pikachu and restart in each new region, but come on, he sucks. I've only seen about 2 and a half episodes of Black and White, but he's terrible. He's always being laughed at and taunted because he seems like he doesn't know how to be a trainer...when in reality, he should be a damn master by now. I just don't get it.

Tickles:
Here is your reason. The writers feel that a hero that builds up is likable, and stick with the concept. What they don't know is if it happens multiple times, it's close to retarded. The anime could have had potential in B/W, but we got crap instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version