Pokémon Universe > Mapping

The new Pokeditor

<< < (2/13) > >>

Yume Tsuki:
That's quite a nifty tool. Would be pretty neat if we had an easy tool to insert quests, for the scripters it would be easier to set up new updates to the server. ^^

Mr_Dark:

--- Quote from: Cortex J. on March 08, 2012, 07:45:45 PM ---I see, instead of having to write out full scripts for the NPC's, we can just edit them and integrate them with this tool you're designing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

--- End quote ---

You'd still need to write the code for the NPCs, but the tool allows you to make the actual NPC which will be shown in-game.

Tickles:
Thanks for making it clear Mr Dark.

genbor:
 Great to have you Zatir, wish you all the best. Will be looking forward those updates. :)

Zatir:
Another milestone reached for the map editor after a couple of days, so it's time to place an update in this topic! You probably saw all of the updates in the development feed already, but that's just half of the progress we are making.

Our Pokéditor (that's the way the editor is called) is now fully able to create NPC's and place them on the map! When creating the NPC it only has some basic appearance settings which can be adjusted at any time, like the NPC-name and the outfit (head, neck, upper, lower and feet). We are only in need for some new sprites for the different outfits! After the NPC is completed, it can be placed onto the map by simple clicking on a tile.

That's just the basic stuff for the NPC-system, now the hardest parts begin! (Dialogs, Shops, Battles, Quests.....)

Greetings,

Zatir

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version