Pokémon Universe > Balance Server Testing

Balanced or unbalanced?

(1/12) > >>

Roloc:
Played on the balance server and found a pokemon that seemed too weak or too strong? Tell us here! Please remember to give us well thought out reasons why you think it is balanced or unbalanced. Simply saying "it sucks!" isn't going to get you anywhere.

Ursaring:
Jumpluff

Jumpluff is out classed by other support pokemon like vileplume for example.Its alslo outclassed by whimsicott in the "annoying pokemon" role. Vileplume has better defences ,typing ,and a much better ability. While whimsicott has prankster which is a massive boon for a "annoying" pokemon.Jumpluff can't take any hits ,and it can barely dish them out. Jumpluff on the offensive is also very weak. I was able to switch into a sleeping macargo ,so I swords danced twice then was unable to 2HKO. Did I mention it wasen't even at full health.

If jumpluff is meant for a support role which it has the movepool to do , then the att/sp.att buff really wasen't needed. A buff to defences ,or health would be a much better improvment. There are alot of things you could do that would make jumpluff good though ,without changing what it does best. If you removed leaf guard for magic bounce (hey its bouncy) then it could switch in on a status move ,and encore reflecting the status. You could then t-wave/sleep powder what ever switches in ,and you now have crippled two pokemon. Oh ,and it woulden't miss leaf guard since leaf guard is pretty much a worse magic bounce.

Anyway there are alot of things you can do here ,or you can not do anything at all I really don't care about jumpluff to begin with.

Chad29:
Azumarill

I've mentioned before that the only way it can do good damage is with huge power, but it has another good ability in sap sipper that it just doesn't have the stats to use. It needs a special attack boost, which wouldn't effect huge power. Better speed would make it a better sweeper, instead of relying on aqua jet to attack. Sap sipper lets it switch into a grass attack, but after that what is it going to do? Even if someone still used huge power with its higher SpA, a frail mixed sweeper isn't going to be broken.

Bing:
Azumarill, I don't really know what to say.  It doesn't really need anything right now.  It has the potential to wipe out whole fire teams, (It's happened to me a few times) so I don't really think it should have more speed.  If fact if you want to raise it's speed I'd say it should lose Aqua Jet.  I don't think with huge power and a speed buff it should have priority.  Kind of like how Mammoswine lost ice shard.

Chad29:
Well if you can make sap sipper more viable, assuming you don't just give it to another water type, then it wouldn't be too terrible if Azumarill sacrificed priority for a speed boost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version