Official Forums > News & Announcements

ALERT! PU NEEDS MOTIVATION!

(1/20) > >>

Tickles:
Attention all fans and visitors. On behalf of the PU development team, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates over the past months, and would like to give something to you all. Unfortunately, it isn't the game, and I regret to say that our development team has dwindled down to a handful. There is a simple explanation for all of this: our level of motivation is down. Very few members are on at a time, and at most points, none at all. That is why I am calling a state of emergency for PU. I want everyone who still believes in this project to say so, and why they do. Give us stories of your times on this site, explain what you are excited for most. Especially let Mr Dark know. If it wasn't for him, and Urmel, this brainchild would not have gotten as far as it did, a lot of your favorite forum posters would not be here, and all the excitement for something different and new would never have existed.

Also, feel free to post your own artwork, quest ideas, anything you can think of. This a game made by fans, for fans, and the only way that will be fulfilled is by letting you, the fans, show off your skills, or utilize the amazing world of the internet to get the word out that this project is on the verge of falling, and the few of us still holding on need a large amount of motivation. I for one don't want to see this project fail, and I know there are a lot of you out there that wish the same thing.

Let's get this thing back on track. A great project needs your help more than ever, and there is a lot to do. We need mappers, artists, writers, battle experts, programmers, anyone with any creative skill or ideas. Post on Facebook, Twitter, Serebii, wherever you can think. We need support, we need to know that you all still want this, and are willing to help out any way you can.

rajlev:
well i think some of us dont post that much, but that doesnt mean im not keeping a close eye to the proyect, i have been here since 2009 i think, and i still wait paciently for the game, i know im not the best motivator, but i hope you keep on this awesome proyect, that i think is something all the pokemon lovers, especially those like me that dont have any console, are wishing to see finished and be part of it.
I dont offer you any help with the develoment because im a noob with computers and art programs, but i have been watching the treads you make of the art and scrip, and i have to say i love the quallity of your work... as i say im not the most active at postting but at least i try to keep on reading the treads and enter this page once a week.

I think the low activity is because of the X and Y games, that has kept many people interested in the game. Also, im really happy at the same time surpised that you have already started to add the X and Y pokemon to the develoment, is great that you already have think of that, and dont worry there's still many that keep an eye on this page and that wait paciently for it, keep on the great work. ;)

Note: i sorry for my english ortografy, but im not an english speaker...

Tickles:
It's not about activity. It's a combination of lack of motivation, content, and the first option. We are struggling, a lot, and though we can't devote all of our time on this, what we did put in is only a fraction of what needs to be done. We were thinking about heading in a new direction, but that never got off the ground, and now the few developers that remain are on the fence about this, save for Roloc and I. That's why I made the post, to let everyone know what the situation is.

rajlev:
well in that case i can only say the same thing as last time, i really wish to see this proyect be done, maybe what i think that happends is that you want to do many things like adding all the 6 gen pokemons to the balance, you could just keep on the job already done and then add this, like most of the MMO, with patches. I dont know how can i give you support really, has i say im not a technology person, so i cant help you with the develoment things.

i know its not about activity, but i think that activity shows a litle of the complications all you had in this time, even thought most of the crucial moments of almost everything are when the big problems apear and you have to keep on and on, until you take off. i think that as you say, this is a fans for fans proyect, so we have to help you guys in everytinh we can, but as i say, some of us are really bad with this, so the only thing that we can give you is suport and the best wishes so you can keep on.

maybe some of the things that you could do is opening treads and contest to make new helpers, many skilled people like to be chalenged and is a good opportunity so you guys get a little hand with the job, and as i say before, i have been reading almost all treads (exept the RP) and i know that even thoug that there is a lot to be done, you guys have made a lot, more than any of the other members (like me) can do even if we had a life time only doing it we'll still be laking a lot. Every one of the team has done much and we are really thankful of your efforts and we hope you dont give up.

Dillon:
I would like to apologize to the development team. I have not been on very much simply because I don't participate in forums. I get on about once every few weeks to see how the development is going.

That said... I believe in you guys because no one else has tried to make a project like this yet and you guys are the closest and have the best ideas. I want an online pokemon game that is super interactive and personalized. You guys are in the midst of creating this fanciful masterpiece! Dont stop now! We the fans believe in you and want you to keep up your spirits. You can do it and we are super stoked for the release of this game.

Mr. Dark and Urmel,

Thank you for getting this project of the ground, or better yet, out of your heads and onto the internet. I cant offer any technical skills to help you create your masterpiece. Just my support and prayers :) I hope you will be motivated and determined to give the world the pokemon game it has been waiting for.

Development team,

Please stay motivated. I believe in you and pray that you get this project done and that we can all enjoy the fruits of your labor. Thank you for all the hard work so far. I know it is not easy to build a game from scratch.

To PU,

Dont give up and keep going. I write this post to show my support and hopefully to motivate you all. Thank you for everything so far. I cant wait for the game to be released.

Praying for you all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version