Pokémon Universe > Trainers Lounge

Rebuilding the Forums (The "Official" Thread)

<< < (3/5) > >>

Roloc:
we have about 4 people from australia, 2 from india, 1 from south africa, 5 from europe, and 2 from south america. Thats all the ones I know of. And even then most of those people arent active anymore.

Good luck, toast. Getting people together from all over like this is crazy hard. We had a hard time with our PU community tournament.

Declan_23:
Hard, but not impossible. Alternatively, how about a multiplayer game that doesn't happen in real time? I realise this will be less exciting, but it still brings people together. For example, some of us used to play a free scrabble game that was around somewhere on the internet.

Alternatively, if we stuck with you idea, a Saturday could work quite well. 10PM GMT (My time) is 2PM in Alaska, and between 6:00 AM and 8:30AM on Sunday in Australia (Early start for you guys, sorry)

TrainerX:

--- Quote from: Flamelass on March 15, 2014, 11:35:35 AM ---We also need to pinpoint the best time and day to do this. Soul had the same idea and suggested it in our guild quite some time ago, but we never executed it.

Things that you'll have to keep in mind are time zones. Not everyone lives in America. It's good to know when everyone is available. For example, the difference in time between Europe and America is about 6 hours and we even have someone from Australia on the forums.

Of course it's not possible to please everyone, but make sure a large part of the community who wants to can participate if you do so.

--- End quote ---
Yes, of course. I can see how that would be a problem, but we can probably find a time period at a point where a lot of people could do it. I was thinking we could do this after the school year is over, when more people have more free time. Also, I was thinking we could probably hold this game day/night over a period of more than just a couple of hours, assuming we have enough interest. This idea is for in the future, I'm hoping that after the school year is over we'll have more active members. It's not going to work very well if we only have like ten active members. It's best to plan things like this early on, although I probably brought it up much earlier than needed.
--- Quote from: Declan_23 on March 15, 2014, 04:04:47 PM ---Hard, but not impossible. Alternatively, how about a multiplayer game that doesn't happen in real time? I realise this will be less exciting, but it still brings people together. For example, some of us used to play a free scrabble game that was around somewhere on the internet.

--- End quote ---
That could work too, and would probably be a better way to start this off. My idea would to work better with more members than with as few members as we have right now, but something turn-based or whatever could work well even with just a small amount of members.

--- Quote from: Roloc on March 15, 2014, 02:10:27 PM ---we have about 4 people from australia, 2 from india, 1 from south africa, 5 from europe, and 2 from south america. Thats all the ones I know of. And even then most of those people arent active anymore.

Good luck, toast. Getting people together from all over like this is crazy hard. We had a hard time with our PU community tournament.

--- End quote ---
What about the North America? I can't be the only one left that's from the U.S.

I might post again later to expand on my ideas, but I'm too worn out right now.

Roloc:
I left out North America because that's where most of our active members are from. 2-3 from Canada and the rest from the US.

Humen:
woah whos from canada

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version