Off-Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Chit Chat Thread

<< < (5/40) > >>

TrainerX:
Hey guys, it's good to see that the forums have gotten a little more active while I've been gone. Did I miss anything significant? I see that the dev team is giving the karma system another try, it should be interesting to see if people use it properly or not (I don't think there's a single forum I've seen that doesn't abuse the karma system though).

Also, my internet is fast now. Very fast.

I had a few similes to express just how fast it is, but I don't think the admins would appreciate me posting them on the forum. They were incredibly witty though. And by that I mean they would have lowered the IQ of everyone who read them by at least 10 points. Not that an IQ score is actually indicative of one's intelligence, but that's a different topic entirely.

Mr_Dark:
How fast is your "fast" internet? Mbit/sec?

TrainerX:
It's 10mbps, which is 1.25MB/s. There's faster speeds out there, but this is the fastest speed available out here. It's a hell of a lot faster than the 0.67mbps we were getting before. Our upload speed is only 50kb/s or so, but it was only 15 before.

You know what's really ridiculous though? CenturyTel was charging us $100 a month for our old internet speed and bundled phone stuff. We only have to pay $70 a month now.

On a semi-related topic, we're going to get Hulu and Netflix now that we have good internet. We're telling DirecTV that they can shove their satellite dish up their ass sideways.

Declan_23:
I get 20mbps here, which is about as high as it goes without costing stupid money. For some reason my upload is 25 though, something I never really understood

Mr_Dark:
Damn, glad I'm living in The Netherlands, because you guys are getting ripped off on your internet. I have 150Mbit (up/down) for only 50EUR/month. And yes I get full speed ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version