Pokémon Universe > Balance Server Testing

X/Y game play changes and PU Pokemon

(1/14) > >>

Ursaring:
X/Y brought a lot of game play changes ,but PU is not regular Pokemon. Our pokemon are balanced ,so when gamefreack decides to buff/nerf types and moves it can cause some of our balanced pokemon to become UP/OP. Lets start with a few bigger game play changes this gen brought.

Fairy type

The new fairy typing was added to many pokemon. If you think fairy types are OP then post about it and explain why you feel that way and how you would fix them.

New abilities

Many new abilities were introduced just like with every gen. Very few of these new abilities were given to older Pokemon though. If you think an older pokemon really fits one of these new abilities then explain why.

New moves and move Base power changes changes

A whole slew of moves got base power changes. A few new moves were also added. Do you disapprove of any of the base power changes? Feel like Pikachu needed sticky web? Post below!

Mega evolution

Mega evos are one of this gens biggest changes with nothing working in a similar way thus far. Let me explain some of the mechanics behind this.
-You mega evo at the start of the turn regardless of your speed. If you and the opponent both try to mega in the same turn the faster pokemon will mega first.
-If the opponent's pokemon is faster than you before you mega but slower than you in your mega form the opponent still attacks first. The next turn you will go first though just like normal.(hope that made sense)
-Only one mega evo per team. If you go mega on one pokemon it will not give you the option to mega evo on a diffrent pokemon. For example if you have both absol and mawile but you mega evo absol. When mawile comes in it will just not have the option to mega evo shown.
Keep in mind many of the megas will be getting nerfed in PU.

If you think any of the mega evo mechanics should be changed then post below. This thread is not for discussing specific mega evolution's that you think need balance changes

Do not be afraid to post! Remember to try not to bash other people's ideas.

Roloc:
Moonblast - 95 base power and 30% chance to reduce special attack by 1 stage.

Why is this 95 when it also has 30% chance effect when t-bolt, flamethrower, etc. all got nerfed to 90?

I have been planning to nerf moonblast to 90 and reducing the chance to 10% so it will be like the others.
Can I get some feedback on this?

pabloabeytia:
I agree with this change, though I don't think the 30% drop to 10% is necessary since a SpA drop is a lot easier to counter than a burn, freeze, poison, etc... a simple switch out would do the trick or a calm mind since most pokemon who use SpA have it and take neutral damage from fairy types anyway. The SpD raise will allow them to take another hit guarantee then they may be able to kill. Or maybe even make it a form of shadowball with 80 base power and 30% stat reduction.

Roloc:
The whole reason I was contemplating the 30% drop to 10% was because of the sheer amount of times this thing actually activates. I've had nothing short of insane luck with it before where I was able to completely shut down any special attacker with this attack. I've also had this happen to me where I was on the receiving end of it.

Don't fret though. I will be taking all feedback into consideration before any action is taken. Thank you for the input, pablobeytia. I hope to hear more from you and others, about other gen 6 changes too.

Miss Wednesday:

--- Quote from: Roloc on May 12, 2014, 09:55:36 AM ---The whole reason I was contemplating the 30% drop to 10% was because of the sheer amount of times this thing actually activates. I've had nothing short of insane luck with it before where I was able to completely shut down any special attacker with this attack. I've also had this happen to me where I was on the receiving end of it.

Don't fret though. I will be taking all feedback into consideration before any action is taken. Thank you for the input, pablobeytia. I hope to hear more from you and others, about other gen 6 changes too.

--- End quote ---
I agree on the 30% to 10%, I was there when it happened to you, not just once or twice, but about 6+ times in a row.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version