* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Forgetting moves!  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Krazyrex

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Forgetting moves!
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
I have been dreaming of a perfect pokemon MMO  and I see alot of promises in this one.

Does anyone think that when pokemon forgets moves its kindof stupid. I mean are they that dumb to know just 4 moves. I would like it to be like this

*6 Move slots
*other moves if saved on top goes to reserved moves, if not the new move goes to reserve

as alot of you know , in the real game when you go to summary and the move list you can move the attack by pressing select right. So when you press select (or backspace), all the moves that were "forgotten (reserve) pops up on the left side of the current six moves. And you can switch them anytime (not during any battle, that would be kind of cheating).

And another thing struck my mind, HM's like surf,dive and dig etc should not be attack moves and rather me a hidden talent that can be learned by using a training machine specifically made for that move (maybe available in gyms). Doing a dive on the sea  or maybe surfing in the middle of the forest sounds real stupid to me. Cut is just fine and other stuff as-well.

Pokemon should be hard to level up in my opinion. If we make the moves level up (upto lvl 10) which each level gives a addition attribute (atk+2 for every level when particular pokemons karate chop levels up). Some may say what, but it is not that hard to understaind. remember the first match of ash in the indigo, he used a Krabby and defeated three pokemon. Krabby probably would have been level 25 and all the opponents pokemon would have been 35 or so. maybe krabby's bubble attack was level 10 and using that high caliber leveled attack made more damage to the opponent's pokemon and made krabby win easily.

And when a attack levels up, its accuracy % and other things gets up each level like PP of the attack. This also may help the pokemon like if the attack "rest" levels up each time the pokemon gets +5 HP.

Does anyone remember a surfing/diving rhydon episode. Well this is a secret thing you can do. If a Rock Pokemon (Sand slash and Rhydon is good subjects) fights 250 water pokemons (and defeat them), the water attacks on them would effect as normal attacks (it would not be super effective) and some pokemons (mostly sand slash and rhydon figure likes) could learn surf and dive.

If the game is going to have the Kanto/Hoenn/Orange Islands/Johto/Sinoh regions ,It would be nice if the areas were made not like the GBA games ,but more like the Pokemon episodes.

(Its really hard to tell all my ideas in a post like way, it would be easy for me to tell in person).

Hope you criticize me as I want to know the bad points.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgetting moves!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
I have been dreaming of a perfect pokemon MMO  and I see alot of promises in this one.

Does anyone think that when pokemon forgets moves its kindof stupid. I mean are they that dumb to know just 4 moves. I would like it to be like this

*6 Move slots
*other moves if saved on top goes to reserved moves, if not the new move goes to reserve

This has been discussed. Use your search function

And another thing struck my mind, HM's like surf,dive and dig etc should not be attack moves and rather me a hidden talent that can be learned by using a training machine specifically made for that move (maybe available in gyms). Doing a dive on the sea  or maybe surfing in the middle of the forest sounds real stupid to me. Cut is just fine and other stuff as-well.
This has been discussed. Use your search function.

Pokemon should be hard to level up in my opinion. If we make the moves level up (upto lvl 10) which each level gives a addition attribute (atk+2 for every level when particular pokemons karate chop levels up). Some may say what, but it is not that hard to understaind. remember the first match of ash in the indigo, he used a Krabby and defeated three pokemon. Krabby probably would have been level 25 and all the opponents pokemon would have been 35 or so. maybe krabby's bubble attack was level 10 and using that high caliber leveled attack made more damage to the opponent's pokemon and made krabby win easily.

And when a attack levels up, its accuracy % and other things gets up each level like PP of the attack. This also may help the pokemon like if the attack "rest" levels up each time the pokemon gets +5 HP.
This has been discussed. Use your search function

If the game is going to have the Kanto/Hoenn/Orange Islands/Johto/Sinoh regions ,It would be nice if the areas were made not like the GBA games ,but more like the Pokemon episodes.
WHAT TEH chansey! You should go read the story page.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline alphadragon6

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »
 I really like the idea of move lvl, but it might be a bit hard to put in to game. We will just have w8 see what they can do.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »
Topic closed, topic has no value since everything has been answered already.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".