Pokémon Universe > Trainers Lounge

A Troubling Concern...

<< < (2/2)

Mewtwo:
Hello guys, I'm quite a well known member of PN so I though I'd light some information about it.

--- Quote from: spirit on April 08, 2010, 07:33:53 AM ---I heard a guy (I don't think it was on this site), who thinks nintendo just wanted the rights to the domain name, and used this as an excuse. It would be weird if they just asked them to change their site name, but allowed them to keep the game.
--- End quote ---

I don't think that they shut us down just for the domain. They did request us to transfer over the domain to them, but we are fighting to keep it as they have no rights to it.

--- Quote from: spirit on April 08, 2010, 07:33:53 AM ---And as Kuhns said, if Nintendo asked us to shut down, we would have to bow to their wishes, it's not like we could fight it, but I doubt that will happen, we have quite a lot that is not copied material, make no profit, and aren't claiming any rights to already copyrighted material; don't believe me? check the fine print at the bottom of the website.

--- End quote ---

Most of the graphics in Pokenet was custom made, we didn't claim rights to the Pokemon and didn't make any profit. In fact, we didn't even put up ads on our website/forums and didn't accept donations. It was completely free while the developers paid $80 a month for servers. Yet we still got shut down. >_<

The Pokenet community is still around and we are considering changing our content to something else.

YouHearThat:

--- Quote from: dnablend on April 08, 2010, 04:54:23 AM ---How is PU any different though?

--- End quote ---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3825902

I love these Objections  ;D

Kamaran:

--- Quote from: YouHearThat on April 08, 2010, 06:36:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: dnablend on April 08, 2010, 04:54:23 AM ---How is PU any different though?

--- End quote ---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3825902

--- End quote ---
End of discussion

olee12343:
From what I understand, Pokenet was shut down because Nintendo felt that it might tarnish the rep of Pokemon. While there are numerous PokeMMOs out there, most are still in development and Pokenet was nearing completion.

Duke:
As long as PU doesn't do something stupid like clain Pikachu as it's own creation I think it oughta be ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version