* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Quest Idea.  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Blarget2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Quest Idea.
« on: March 28, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
Spirit42 wanted me to make an idea so here goes....

A little girl lost her pokemon. the pokemon was her best friend in the whole world. She said it wondered off into a nearby cave. When ariving in the cave, you have to go through winding dark tunnels and also running into pokemon(of course). When you get to the end of the cave you see her pokemon but for some odd reason, team rocket is al,so there. apperently they belive there is a rar pokemon here, so thats why they came(of course they ramble about the pokemon and there plan. they are always annoying like that). since they couldent find the pokemon, they decided to take the little girls pokemon instead. You end up fighting them because they are taking the pokemon(why wouldn't you? your doing it for a little cute girl. :P) then you have to back track through that cave after defeating them and bringing the pokemon back to the little girl.

This quest is for beginners. lvl 5 Pokemon required(im guessing thats the normal starting level or 3 w/e).

what do you think?
share your ideas what might you add or take out?

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Idea.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »
how cliche XD

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
Umm....not bad, there is no depth to it, and it is clear that it was hastily written (not much thought put into it), but I will acknowledge it.
I mean, it does what it was set out to do. As you said, this is a beginner quest, it isn't very complicated, and might fit as a small quest early on in the game.
I shall consider it, only because of it's simplicity, and the fact that you were obviously not trying too hard. Many a time, I read quests where people were clearly trying way too hard to be accepted, you avoided that nicely.

Oh and...

how cliche XD

Offline Blarget2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »
thanks XD i rushed because i just wanted my idea out of my head as fast as possible.(it was driving me mad XD) simplicity is a must.

ooooo. maybe this could connect to more of a quest. when getting out of the cave, you find a mysterious egg. when getting it, you realize you should give it to the professor for an examination.
while your bringing it to the professor's lab, team rocket intercepts you and takes the egg away. After you finally get back to the professor's lab, you tell him what happened. he gives you a map to the team rocket's head quarters. (at this point, you cant keep going until you have a level 30 pokemon. this means the trainer will have to lvl up and do other quests in the mean time.) after you get to the HQ, you fight through various team rocket members trying to get back the egg. You'll meet the leader of the HQ at the end( he will have at least lvl 40 Pokemon).
. youll have to level up some more to fight him). when you beat him, youll get the egg and some money!

what do you think of this? (i love brainstorming :P)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:09:56 PM by Blarget2 »

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:34:40 PM »
how the heck does the professor know where team rocket's main base is? and why does he have map? 0.o

Offline NostawDNA

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »
Maybe there was a rumor that the HQ was in a certain city and the prof. gives a map to that city
wise men talk cause they have someing to say , fools talk cause they have to say something

Offline Blarget2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 11:12:24 PM »
Maybe there was a rumor that the HQ was in a certain city and the prof. gives a map to that city
ok that makes more sence. thanks :P

Offline NostawDNA

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
ok that makes more sence. thanks :P
No problem. If anyone needs some help on quest ideas or anything else I'll be happy to help.
wise men talk cause they have someing to say , fools talk cause they have to say something

Offline tex

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 11:08:18 AM »
how about this for a quest:

hi my name is Tad. i was playing in the forest with my pidgey. we were atacked by bug pokemon(caterpie,weedle..) and i droped my pokeball with pidgey inside. Can u go to the forest and find hi please? this quest would be for beginners i assume lvl 3 (if starting lvl would be 1)

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »
how about this for a quest:

hi my name is Tad. i was playing in the forest with my pidgey. we were atacked by bug pokemon(caterpie,weedle..) and i droped my pokeball with pidgey inside. Can u go to the forest and find hi please? this quest would be for beginners i assume lvl 3 (if starting lvl would be 1)

It's not a bad start, and is definitely possible, and I could probably come up with how it would be done, but I don't want to. When people make their own quest submissions, I don't like reading a concept, and then coming up with the whole thing myself. Please understand, this is nothing against you, I'm just trying to get some more out of you.

I agree that something like this would be very simple, and early in the game, but is it possible for you to expand a little? Where is the pokeball? How do we find/acquire it? What potential problems could we run into? That sort of thing.

Also, I would suggest next time, you post your idea's in a new topic, that way, you don't interrupt someone else's ideas, and people can give you feedback in the most organized way possible.

Anyway, I hope this didn't sound like I'm shooting you down, cause I'm not trying to, I'm just trying to get as much information as I can, and give you as much feedback as possible so that I can get the best idea's out of you possible.