* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Official News] Black/White - Only gen 5 pokes until National Dex is acquired.  (Read 33510 times)

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
Hm... interesting... complete the game once with only the new pokemon...

That's what I do any, so it won't be a problem for me.
sup

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Grah... I just realized something. This Gen 5 only thing is breaking a tradition. Up till now, you've always been able to catch abra at an early point in the game, which was fine by me, 'cuz my Kadabra is normally a level higher than my starter. I think Psychic types are gonna get really ghey now, because, frankly, most non-legend psychic types besides Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam were total phail.
...And what about Eevee? You could always get an eevee...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
No Eevee in RSE, until you get the national dex that is. But abra was there all the time, for sure.

I picked a completely new team when I started with Emerald. It was pretty fun. Except that I then realised that Manectric wasn't that awesome, compared to the rest of my team.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
I think it will be fine. This way, I can focus on the new Pokemon. I can learn their moves, stats, combinations, etc. but without having to think if I want an older Pokemon in place of them. (Like trading something good for the obligatory suckish Bug Pokemon.)
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
So is it safe to assume that there will be 150+ new poke's in Gen V?
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
So is it safe to assume that there will be 150+ new poke's in Gen V?

Actually. We have a picture of the pokedex. We might be able to use that to calculate how many "new" (if statement is true) pokemon there are.

Add;
I used the pokedex image to do some calculations.

My conclusion is that with 7 pokemons per "page", a scrollbar that is 7.6cm long and the scroll being 0.4cm, we'll have 133 new pokemons.

(7.6 / 0.4) * 7 = 133 exactly

It has also come to my attention that, as we already know, Luvdisc is getting an evolution. If generation 5 only contains pokemon that are available without previous known pokemons, Luvdisc's evolution won't show up until after the national dex has been aquired. Thus meaning even more new pokemons.
Food for thought.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:54:08 PM by Kamaran »
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Hova

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
So no more ash, our there new characters?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
My conclusion is that with 7 pokemons per "page", a scrollbar that is 7.6cm long and the scroll being 0.4cm, we'll have 133 new pokemons.

Kamaran... Are you a mad scientist? If so, this ridonculous calculation definitely calls for the twirling of your curly moustache.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile

Kamaran... Are you a mad scientist? If so, this ridonculous calculation definitely calls for the twirling of your curly moustache.

Agreed.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline zelda1999

• New Trainer
  • Grr!
    • View Profile
I have some different Pokemon Black and White versions pictures up if anyone wants to see them! They are on my page though.

Offline Painted360

• New Trainer
  • Beware the evil turtles.
    • View Profile
I got the link to a bunch of new Black/White pokemon on bulbapedia...its awesome
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:New_Pok%C3%A9mon

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
I have some different Pokemon Black and White versions pictures up if anyone wants to see them! They are on my page though.
I got the link to a bunch of new Black/White pokemon on bulbapedia...its awesome
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:New_Pok%C3%A9mon

When do people learn to read the first post?
 - and then understand that this is NOT about the pokemons!
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
This thread is about mechanics changes and the like. Anything involving the workings of the game, etc., goes here.

The other thread is for the Pokemon.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline JohnnyXtreme

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
So I guess this means no new evolutions either? Darn, I've been hoping for a Mawile Evolution.
"Living is easy with eyes closed"

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
So I guess this means no new evolutions either? Darn, I've been hoping for a Mawile Evolution.

You can catch evolutions for Pokemon in nature, assuming they don't add any awkward evolution clauses to them. (Magnezone and Probopass.) So, there is a good chance you'll be able to catch an evolution for Mawile in the wild.

Mind you, it may be something like, "Only evolves into ____ from Mawile while in the region of Issu" or something along the line.

/theorymon'in
Updated awesomesauce!**