* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Member blogs  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Member blogs
« on: June 25, 2010, 03:00:15 AM »
In another forum I used to frequent, there was a private members only area where members could create their threads and post blog entries.  I thought this was a really cool idea and even made my own :D  It really made it easier to get to know the people you're chatting with.  I have never seen this is another forum so I thought I might suggest it here.  I'm not sure if it would work with a larger community like this one (the other forum only had about 200 members).  I just thought it would be a cool idea to throw out there!!!

(also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I wasn't sure where else it would fit though)

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Member blogs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 05:14:58 AM »
could be interesting but I think it would useless

I know some ways to get to know the people you're chatting with is IRC, chat thread in the Other Chat, and their profiles :)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:22:53 AM by YouHearThat »
We will not lose, because we are not losers, we are lasers~

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 05:16:02 AM »
yeah im not sure bout this either
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 07:26:08 AM »
Well, with all the chatting going on the forum, the IRC and through PMs, I don't think that'll take long for members to know each other. The in-forum games always are two sided, in the sense that one or two chats are nearly always there... conclusion, a blog won't be necessary.

Plus you have the RP section, where the people are somewhat putting their own personalities in a character... and you get my point.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 02:15:38 AM »
That's true, I just thought it might be nice for people who just want to vent in their own place; not through role-play or IRC. Also, I don't understand RP, do you use someone's character or just be yourself?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 01:43:25 AM »
That's true, I just thought it might be nice for people who just want to vent in their own place; not through role-play or IRC. Also, I don't understand RP, do you use someone's character or just be yourself?
Roleplay is a kind of fan-fiction. You could have the main character be youself, but that would be boring because it would largely involve you posting in forums. No, the best roleplays are of an origonal character, either one with the same characteristics as you or one totally different, going on an origonal journey and doing origonal things. If you were so inclined, you could write it in the first person, but I personally get annoyed by that, and it also takes away your ability to have multiple plots going on at once.

**Small detail I left out. You also have a bunch of other people writing the story with you, from the point of view of THEIR character. Because of this, writing one chapter can take weeks, and fights between two of the characters can result in butthurt on the part of the loser. This is also what makes roleplay so special, because in typical writing, it's almost insulting to have somebody co-write. So, it is very easy to tell a good RP'er from a bad one. If the Roleplayer is horrible, average, or anywhere in between, the plot with have more holes than the parachute of a dead man, and dialogue will be impossible to follow. If they are good to awesome, then the plot will be solid, and dialogue will be coherent and... not stupid. Small detail, amirite?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:08:45 AM by Frenchfry545 »