* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Quest Idea: Lost Shaymin  (Read 3840 times)

Offline DarkFirest

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Quest Idea: Lost Shaymin
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:59:15 AM »
I could not find anything about this so I hope nobody's already posted it                                 

Well, anyways At the edge of the ocean, you see this small hut just sitting there. You decide to go inside. Inside there is not much, just the essentials for an old man. Sink, refridgerator, bed, table, cabinets and an ovular rug. The table is in the middle of the room and you can see laying on it a small white pokemon with what seems green grass and a flower on its back. There is a man circling the table in a very concerned manner. Over his head he has an exlcamation point or some other icon indicating he has a quest. You go up and talk to him.
                                                                                                                                Old Man: Oh dear...What am I to do? Oh? Excuse, me I was thinking to myself.*examines you* You seem to be trustworthy, say, have you ever heard of Shaymin? Shaymin is a pokemon that can absorb toxins, then purifies it into light and water, and fires it out with great force. Depending how polluted the air is will determine how much force it fires out with. This is called seed flare. They gather in groups at a flower garden on the other side of the Milyus region. It is full of gracidia flowers wich can transform them into this powerful form. Anyways, this shaymin on the table was on its way to the to the flower garden, when somehow it ended up here, on the other side of the region.       

Shaymin: This mean man sent out this golbat and confused me. All I can remember is using seedflare and running to the first place I could find. Did you know Im supposed to be the pokemon of gratefulness? I am quite great, aren't I? I'm so rare everyone wants me.                                                                                                                                             
You jump back, being surprised because of hearing a pokemon talk. The Old Man senses your expression and talks.

Old Man: Oh, Im sorry, I forgot! Shaymin uses telepathy to talk. Well, anyway, it found its way over here and I simply refuse to let it go. It can't go alone for a I fear that much will be trying to hunt it down and I cannot go with it for I am much too old and me and my gligar (you can change) would not stand a chance against those hunters. So, what I'm trying to say is, can you take her?           

Say no, the conversation ends.
Say yes, Shaymin (Origin) will be added as a temporary member (if enough room, otherwise the conversation will end with the Old Man saying, "Oh dear, you don't have enough room to take shaymin with you." Try making room first, then come back.").

If you pick yes with enough room for
Shaymin: Oh, let me mention one thing, Im afraid of heights, afraid of drowning, and afraid of crashing when at high speeds.  (this is optional, depending on if we will have anything like a wingull plane, a boat, or a train to get to the other side of the milyus region.)

On your way to the flower garden a couple of grunts might pop out and challenge you for shaymin. (since this is a new region, most definately a new team, I prefer a team like Dream Team, who studies the dream world (??) and the nightmare realm (Darkrai). But that's just me)

When you make it to the flower garden, you see a garden of well, flowers. But you see among them lots of shaymins treading about.

Shaymin: Yay, we made it just in time! *Jumps into the flower garden as every shaymin turns white as they change form*

Suddenly these electrifying little cages come down, trapping and shocking the Shaymins as they try to escape. Then this man in black clothing with red hair and a "minion" beside him start walking into the flower garden. As soon as they finish walking,  the man with red hair throws up his head and laughs.

Man with Red Hair: Yes I have done it! I, Jared, has captured tons of Shaymin! Huh? How did you get here? You see, I'm using these shaymins to rid the world of that is pollution.
What? You think that was not the case? You think I will use them for my own nefarious, greedy purposes? Fine then! Take this! *Runs at you and battles you*

His pokemon:

Ariados
Lairon
Medicham
Raichu
(preferably any level)

Once you beat him, he is so surprised he jumps backward and runs away, releasing the shaymin while he does. His minion is so surprised and he runs after him yelling, "Master!"
After they leave, the old man from the hut walks in.

Old Man: Wow, youngster, I knew you were special but this...Here, you deserve this!

(You choose the rewards) ;)

Oh yeah forgot about this: There could be a sequal quest to this with a really mad Minion trying to finish what his master started.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:52:56 PM by DarkFirest »

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Idea: Lost Shaymin
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
Ok, I will read this later, I'm just posting here so I can get notified in case someone comments on it, therefore reminding me that I need to read it.......Yeah....drinking....it's definitely a good idea....at least I am coherent enough to know I am too drunk to attempt this, give me some credit at least.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 07:38:38 PM »
Pretty good idea, I like it but here's a few tips:
- You built up a large back story which is good for a change, but the actualy quest itself doesn't seem to consist of much, try and build on this. For instance, the path you have to take, or possibly large amounts of hunters hunting you?
- Try and keep in mind that as an MMORPG, some of these things may be unpractical like the cages coming down, how about when you arrive the cages are already down?
But, all in all it's one of the better quests I've seen on the forums.

Offline DarkFirest

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »
Pretty good idea, I like it but here's a few tips:
- You built up a large back story which is good for a change, but the actualy quest itself doesn't seem to consist of much, try and build on this. For instance, the path you have to take, or possibly large amounts of hunters hunting you?
- Try and keep in mind that as an MMORPG, some of these things may be unpractical like the cages coming down, how about when you arrive the cages are already down?
But, all in all it's one of the better quests I've seen on the forums.
Oh yea, oops. I totally forgot about it being MMORPG. Oh yea and by the way, the reason the quest didn't consist of much because it was getting late and I don't think as well when I'm tired. How about this:

-On the pathway there, there are lots of hunters you have to fight. No major strong pokemon though.
-Once you get there, the two indivuals are already there, and all the other shaymin are gone. When you get there, shaymin jumps onto the ground and says: "Huh? Where's all the shaymin? Am I late? Ugh, human, you should've gone faster!" Then Jared steps forward and says, "No, no, you aren't late. You are just in time. You see, I have convinced the shaymin to help me in my quest to make the world a more, non-polluted place for pokemon and humans alike. What do you say, little one, wil you help me, will you join your friends?" The shaymin starts walking slowly toward Jared. Then his minion jumps foward and grabs the shaymin. Jared then says, "Hah! You are the most gullible shaymin I have ever seen! I have captured possibly every shaymin known to this region! I, Jared, have done it!" Shaymin then uses seed flare to get out of the minions hands as he yells, "Hey!" The gracidia flowers in the garden then touch with shaymin, turning it into sky form. Then Jared says, "Fine, resist at your will, I will force you to obey me!" and then shaymin says, "Come on, help me get him!" You then run at each other and battles. Also: Shaymin (Sky form) temporarily joins your party until after the battle.

Same pokemon as before

After the battle Jared is furious. "No, everything, it's ruined! My long dream that took me years to complete took seconds to be ruined!" And with that he runs out of the garden.

Minion: Oh my, what have you done with my master? He's broke. Master, where are you going? Come back! And he leaves the garden running after his master. Then the old man walks in.

Old Man: I sensed something special about you youngster, but I wouldn't even guess this! I saw your battle with erhmm...Jared, was it?
Ah yes Jared. I saw your battle with Jared and let me say he had some mighty strong pokemon. But you beat him. Here, you deserve this. Huh?

All of the other shaymin (sky form) start flying into the garden and circling it.

Shaymin: It's the rest of the shaymin! Oh thank you so much! I hate to say it but...Goodbye!

And with that all the shaymin start flying away.

Now, where was I...Oh! Yes, your reward. Here, take it.

I realize that this is going to require really hard labor and sweat to get implemented (especially the ending and when shaymin uses seedflare) but I will so happy if you do implement it. It is OK with me if you do not implement it.

Declan, is that better?

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »
Umm DarkFirest, I really don't want to put you down, they're some really great ideas, but some of the stuff is kind of impractical. For instance if you're doing the quest and Jaren runs away, does everybody else see him run away as well? If so then surely you're constantly gonna see him running away. This also applies to the Shaymin circling in the sky, will this happen every time somebody completes the quest?

Offline DarkFirest

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
Yea I was thinking about that. I knew it was gonna be a problem, so I doubt it will make it in. I personally don't see any other solutions than to take out that part or just not do the quest. I never was good at coming up with ideas for games or anything, nonetheless making one that doesn't have kinks to work out. But that's okay, criticism can help.

Thx for being the only ones who posted spirit and declan :)

Offline marijan2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »
one of best quests i read here... one suggestion about other people seeing your quest: that stuff with shaymin flying and jared battling/running will be runned in special quest areas, where is only you without other players, like instances and raids in wow/d&d..., in world you see others, but in special places you are alone until you leave it