* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Quest Grading System (Post Quests Here)  (Read 10306 times)

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Grading System (Post Quests Here)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for their thoughts and come to think of it i guess i could make it more of a series of quest. So i understand what you mean spirit, seems like i need to learn from the master as being the best way to learn at all since i intend to become a story writer someday.

Edit:

Earning Your Sealegs

I now want to be a pirate :D. here's my rating (tell me if I'm being annoying or unreasonable)

Understandable-4
Storyline-2 (pretty good, hopefully more to come)
Ideas-3
Length-3 (The description made the text of the story itself longer, but all in all it seems a similar length)
Details-2
Reward-1 (I'm not really sure why he rewards you with a shellbell? Doesn't really seem related)
Total-15/20=75%

Also, as a side note to Mr Pokemon, I thing you should introduce a new criteria, practicality as this is a very important factor.

Offline huyitsrichard

• Beginning Trainer
  • bahaha
    • View Profile
    • facebook :D
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 05:31:07 AM »
Understandable-4
Incorporation-3
Ideas-4
Length-3
Details-3
Reward-3
Total-17/20
Feedback: I really like the idea of becoming a pirate. and making this quest the beginning of a series of quests is also a good idea. you added more dialog and added the requirement to fight the wild pokemon which is also good.

overall i liked it. can't wait to do the quest.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »
Declan, I have added the practicality criteria, and now quests will be graded out of 24. Don't forget to use all of the criteria when grading!
Overall, the people who are grading are doing fine. You are giving good feedback and reasonable grades. Also, keep in mind that the rewards and details are lesser criteria, meaning that they can only count for up to 2 points.

Here's my grade:
Understandable-4
Storyline-4
Ideas-4
Length-3 (A little too short, still)
Practicality-3
Details-2
Reward-1
Total-21/24 88%
Feedback-This quest is better than your original, but there are still a few parts you could improve on. For example, the reward. If people think they will get something like a shell bell for the reward, would they keep continuing with pirate quests? I know it sort of fits the theme, but I think it should be something bigger, like a water stone or something.

Another thing I'd like to say is about the fact that you have to get feathers from wild Pokemon. I think you had a good idea with you having to prove yourself to him, but I'm not sure this was the way to do it. I have a few ideas of what you could do, though.
-Fight him in a battle. He has 3 pokemon, a level 30 Kingler, a level 30 Aipom, and a level 32 Poliwrath (the Pokemon and levels could change)
-He follows you and you must beat several Fearows/Pidgeottos while he is watching
-You must get something for him in another town
Otherwise, it's a good quest and there is only a little you need to improve on.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
Why not add this reward too:

"If you need to travel to XXX island (there are no other means to go to that island), just let me know and I'll take you there."

On this island, chatots will be common, and the beach will be a little like the beach of Island One in FRLG, where you have random invisible items on the sand. These could include nuggets, some pokeballs/greatballs/ultraballs and less occasionally, leftovers or some other items.

Plus, this island can be in itself another quest... so much more to exploit!

Oh... my rating?

Understandable-4
Storyline - 3 (the fact that the captain proposes you to be part of the crew, but only later realise that you are too young)
Ideas - 4
Length - 3 (the story is ok, but the quest to take part in is quite short)
Practicality - 4
Details - 2
Reward - 1
Total-17/24 71%

Don't take my judgement too seriously, I usually try raising the 'level'.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...