* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Poke' stats?  (Read 21149 times)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Poke' stats?
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »
Ive only been visiting this site since yesterday, so Im unfamiliar with topics from the other website I read about.

But I was wondering if there would be a Leaderboard (for the beta/finished versions)

Also, I think that it would be cool if one could view  another  players' starting six pokemon via player's profile.

Are there any plans for that?
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Poke' stats?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 10:04:06 PM »
Yes we have secret plans for this.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Eslin

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ware wa meshia nari!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:33:30 AM »
I hope not the moves or items though. That would be too revealing and cheap.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:35 AM »

I agree. Moves and Potions would be a bit much but who wouldnt want to show off their level 200 Gyrados or level 50 Bellsprout on their profile?

I think that if Im getting ready for a Pokemon League Match (or any kind of PvP), I'd want an idea of the type of Pokemon mi opponent has a tendency to use.

Having this information "semi-public" would spark creativity in creating new pokemon combinations instead of the usual.

As with all MMO's and Video Games, after a winning formula has been created it is bound to be copied and eventually over-used by everyone.

:'( 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:43:42 AM by Carbon »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline tap1on

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 04:51:25 AM »

I agree. Moves and Potions would be a bit much but who wouldnt want to show off their level 200 Gyrados or level 50 Bellsprout on their profile?

I think that if Im getting ready for a Pokemon League Match (or any kind of PvP), I'd want an idea of the type of Pokemon mi opponent has a tendency to use.

Having this information "semi-public" would spark creativity in creating new pokemon combinations instead of the usual.

As with all MMO's and Video Games, after a winning formula has been created it is bound to be copied and eventually over-used by everyone.

:'(  :'(  :'(   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(   :'(  :'(   :'(   :'(

And if some comps get overused someone will create a counter-comp for them ;)

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:15:32 AM »
after a winning formula has been created it is bound to be copied and eventually over-used by everyone

This happens in commercial games because the developers don't have the time or inclination to fix anything that's overpowered, and when they do, it's never fast. For PU, if there ends up being such a "noob combo" due to some oversight, rest assured we will tone it down. No one likes their favourite Pokemon getting a few teeth pulled, but it's in the best interest of everyone else.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 08:01:19 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, we could add that when entering the PokéLeague (PvP), you will have to sign 10 pokemons up. This will allow any trainer to use a combination of those 10 when he/she chooses 6 to battle with as normally and then later on he/she can choose another combination of those 10 pokemons which are signed up.

Any opponent will be able to see which 10 pokemons are "in play" and the levels of them, but not which ones the player has chosen for his/hers next battle, nor any stat or move of the pokemons.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:11:15 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, we could add that when entering the PokéLeague (PvP), you will have to sign 10 pokemons up. This will allow any trainer to use a combination of those 10 when he/she chooses 6 to battle with as normally and then later on he/she can choose another combination of those 10 pokemons which are signed up.

Any opponent will be able to see which 10 pokemons are "in play" and the levels of them, but not which ones the player has chosen for his/hers next battle, nor any stat or move of the pokemons.

I like that idea. I'd hate to get caught in a situation where my opponent specializes in water and I bring out mi team of charmeleons.

Another issue that deals with statistics are quitters. In alot of multiplayer games, one may come across a few sore losers after a while. I would hate to have mi experience ruined by a bunch of kids that are afraid to lose. DO you think it owould be possible to add a flee counter? or something telling opposing trainers how often this player is most likely to quit a battle.

Offline Counter Bug

• Beginning Trainer
  • online.gaming.expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
First I want to say that the leaderboard is a good idea imo. But then there should be two leaderboards. Yes, two!

The first one should show the stats of the normal game. The second one should only be about events like tournaments. I think, only tournaments show who is skilled.

And you wrote about the team pokemon. I would suggest to let oneself decide if he wants to show his team. It's like you set it in your personal options. There could be a show/hide pokemon function.
PTT-Converter is out!
   Download:  *klick*
   Mirror:  *klick*
I am making a bot for Pokemon Battle Arena xD

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
Another issue that deals with statistics are quitters. In alot of multiplayer games, one may come across a few sore losers after a while. I would hate to have mi experience ruined by a bunch of kids that are afraid to lose. DO you think it owould be possible to add a flee counter? or something telling opposing trainers how often this player is most likely to quit a battle.

When we will implement the stats we can make it as extensive as we want, so yes it'll be possible to show how many times a player has fled from a battle. Although it's not possible to run from PvP battles, but then it's still possible to just close the client and disconnect from the server. If you do this you will be "punished", like the opponent gets 40% of your money and all your Pokémon will be fainted.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »

When we will implement the stats we can make it as extensive as we want, so yes it'll be possible to show how many times a player has fled from a battle. Although it's not possible to run from PvP battles, but then it's still possible to just close the client and disconnect from the server. If you do this you will be "punished", like the opponent gets 40% of your money and all your Pokémon will be fainted.

lose 40% of the player's money? and all pokemon would be fainted?

Those are pretty harsh punishments but it would almost guarantee 0 intentional quit battles

Another thing I was curious about involved Poisoned/Burned Pokemon. There were a few times, while playing the older Pokemon games, where I just won a battle and completely forgot about mi Pokemon ever being Poisoned/Burned.

Would it be possible to implement a HP bar at the top of the player's character that relects the HP of the affected pokemon.

Having a HP bar would save a lot of time and would be a life saver for those that are unaware ,or may have forgotten, about the affected pokemon.

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 08:49:54 PM »

What if our internet connection experiences problems during a PVP battle and we get kicked off the game? Will the server recognize that as quitting and punish us?

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 09:17:01 PM »

[...]

Another thing I was curious about involved Poisoned/Burned Pokemon. There were a few times, while playing the older Pokemon games, where I just won a battle and completely forgot about mi Pokemon ever being Poisoned/Burned.

Would it be possible to implement a HP bar at the top of the player's character that relects the HP of the affected pokemon.

Having a HP bar would save a lot of time and would be a life saver for those that are unaware ,or may have forgotten, about the affected pokemon.

If you look at the public screenshots that we have posted, you'll see your pokemons. Their HP and their status. (link)

What if our internet connection experiences problems during a PVP battle and we get kicked off the game? Will the server recognize that as quitting and punish us?

Double punishment infact - for having slack internet. :)

Your question is quite interresting. We'll see what we can do.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Counter Bug

• Beginning Trainer
  • online.gaming.expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »
Maybe the client could recognize that you have clicked on the X-Button on the right top. That would be good.
PTT-Converter is out!
   Download:  *klick*
   Mirror:  *klick*
I am making a bot for Pokemon Battle Arena xD

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 07:07:31 PM »

I still think you should get punished just like the rest of them leavers. Because anyone can just abuse this method. They'll find a way for sure.