Pokémon Universe > Ideas & Suggestions

Jackpot (Idea)

(1/2) > >>

Kuhns:
(Tell me if this has already been discussed.)

So I was on Gaia a website the other day and bought some fake Lotto tickets. :|

Yes I said it.

There have been lotteries in the Pokemon games in the past, but unless you traded an insane amount, or checked back everyday, it was near impossible to ever win. :P

Can you see where this is going yet? I'll assume you have.

Having a 'Poke'Lotto' might help the in-game economy as well, but if say...the "pot" starts at 1000, and a ticket is 100, the pot would increase by half of what the ticket cost was. :P Does that make sense? Some system would decide a winner, and the pot would reset the next week--or whatever.

Mr_Dark:
I know this, I've played a text based game online back in the day, where they had like 5 lotteries (all with different ticket costs).

So, I like the idea. Maybe this can be region wide, certain towns and city's have "selling-points" where you can buy tickets and get your reward (or your reward is sent to your bank account).

When you've won a price you'll be notified by a text message on your in-game phone.

And I don't think this should be hard to implement. It's a somewhat easy system.

Kamaran:
As it works in most of the games (if not all). You have a player ID, and daily there will be a lotteri that states a random ID. If those ID matches you win. (a masterball in those cases).

Kuhns:
:) Glad you like it.

The only problem I can't think of is what kind of system the Lotto will be.

A "Buy as many tickets as you want-The more you buy the higher your chance." is easily tipped in favor. Newer players wouldn't be able to compete with the more...well-off ones. :P Well, unless they're really lucky.

--- Quote ---Insert Quote
As it works in most of the games (if not all). You have a player ID, and daily there will be a lotteri that states a random ID. If those ID matches you win. (a masterball in those cases).
--- End quote ---

Huh, I thought it was the ID of your Pokemon (which, in most cases, would be your ID). Trading Pokemon would increase your chance since traded Pokemon's ID don't change. :P Either way, I didn't bother much with it. xD

Kamaran:
sure. Might be true. I have never used it.

But if that is the case people can just trade less good pokemons to increase their chances and a lot of people will be able to win on the same day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version