* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1545470 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Chit chat thread
« Reply #600 on: July 20, 2010, 11:33:12 AM »
No no no. Chinese is written always from left to right. (or from top to bottom)

Thanks for the info ghostman! I didn't know that Hebrew was included, nor was the Hieroglyphics (sp?)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 20, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »
Hm... I must have it confused with some other language with freakishly complex characters. I'm gonna go check the book I read that in.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 20, 2010, 04:54:29 PM »
Hm... I must have it confused with some other language with freakishly complex characters. I'm gonna go check the book I read that in.

What book is it?
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 21, 2010, 05:47:07 AM »

What book is it?
The 'Left-Hander's Handbook'. Apparently it's a hella lot easier for a left-handed person to read and write from right to left. I know it's true I normally get my index finger covered in ink whenever I write, because my hand is going directly on to the words seconds after I write them.
...Anyway, English is about the only language written in a fashion totally biased against the left-handed, though that's been long forgotten, and nobody ever bothered to fix it. Egyptian, Japanese, Chinese, everything has some kind of breaker that makes it even... 'cept English, and a few others.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 21, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »
Hm... that's news to me...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 21, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »
On an unrelated, I just previewed almost every foul word there is to see the 'censor', and I gotta say, the words Chansy and Sexy Man were put to great use. The PU team is even cooler now.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 22, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »
Yeah, I know ;D

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 24, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »
A friend of mine is moving to Australia in 2 days :(

I'll be missing him...

Apart from that, it's been a tough day today, all rush from the morning.

Oh, I got the Pikachu event for the Japanese version. I didn't know that the nature of Ash's pikachu was 'naughty' :P
It's not that good of a nature though... increases attack, decreases special defence. I would have preferred adamant instead. Raises attack and lowers special attack.

Offline Marissa

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 25, 2010, 01:09:32 AM »
Sorry for you lost.

Congrats on your gain.
Pikachu event?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
T.T Australia... is that far away? My brother moved to florida a while ago. he Coast Guard sationed his ship at the oil spill.
Oh, big news for anyone who hasn't heard. The spill in the Gulf was plugged the other day :D

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 25, 2010, 08:31:25 PM »
Yes, it was 'sealed', but the question remains... for how long? And with the strom coming, BP 'fled'

Thanks Marissa. Well, there will always be the net...

And yes, there was a WiFi pikachu event for japanese HGSS and DPPt, and the pikachu is supposed to be Ash's. It's nature is 'naughty' :P

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 25, 2010, 09:15:40 PM »
Well, If it stays sealed for a week, it should stay sealed for a lot longer, too.
And good riddance. Let BP handle less urgent spills, like the kind that comes from a broken coffee mug. I'd rather have the government be the head of cleanup.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 26, 2010, 09:33:36 AM »
With the changes in underwater pressure (due to underwater currents and tides) it may or may not be affected. Any woo... yes, I'm more concerned too about the environment. The clean up should be sped up.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 26, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »
I'm just saying that the longer it's down there, the harder it's gonna get for the currents to move it. regardless, I'm sure that they're working on an anchor for the plug right now.

Oh, and I just looked at all the screenshots of the game, which I hadn't done since I joined about four months ago, and wow... I knew the game would be awesome, but the screenshots made it look even better than the nintendo-made games, which is particularly amazing because nintendo has millions of dollars to spend on development, while PU is doing it for free.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 26, 2010, 03:31:23 PM »
Lol, glad you likes them! :D

Except for me... there is a constant lag of 0.5~1.5 second between each step my char makes. But I don't mind, so far, so good!

Only thing that bugged be a little was that the game was freezing once in a while. I haven't tried it again since the new patch was made. Talking of which... I'd like to get another try... hm... maybe this week itself or next week.