* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1556325 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Chit chat thread
« Reply #1020 on: September 09, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »
Lol, congrats to both of you anyway :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 09, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »
:P
Anywho...
That article I have a link to at the bottom of my sig...
That's among one of the main reasons I'm not christian anymore. Because of people like that who take it too far.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 09, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
Mmmm, anyone else read about the Koran burning day?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 09, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »
Yeps. Those people are crazy I tell you. They don't understand that this is a huge risk that they are getting themselves into.

Read two articles on BBC and followed a thread on a forum three pages long, that is about 60 posts.

This will only confirm once more that people besides them (terrorists/Al Quaeda/Jahid) are 'evil' and need to be killed.

I know that they have made atrocities, I know they burned the bible, burnt corpses of the soldiers sent there, burned the American flag... but it is worth it to go down to their level? I don't think so.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 10, 2010, 02:22:17 AM »
Be warned, kids. Long-winded Frenchfry is back. This is probably the most passionate thing I've written on PU.

After reading the article, I am disgusted at both Christians and Muslims. The Christian church acted out of bias and narcissism, insisting on burning the Quran in memory of a day that most of the human race would really rather put behind us. The Muslim church acted out of complete idiocy, burning the symbol of the United States because a prominent religion within the U.S. stated that they were going to burn a mass-produced book that some people like to believe to be the story about how humans came to be. For just a moment, try to imagine that you aren’t an American, or even a human. Imagine that you are the creator of the universe, and that there are, in fact, many other creations besides Earth that you have given life to. As you are looking through the world you have given life to, you come across the revolting squabble between Muslims and Christians. In being the creator of everything, you are without bias in this argument, and will take the side of whoever is in the right. Do you know which side you will take? Neither. These two religions are being childish, and, in doing so, halting the advancement of mankind. This is a prime example of the hypocrisy of religion. Every religion preaches the same exact thing: Be good towards your fellow man. Don’t steal, don’t kill, and don’t cheat. Muslims killed Americans at 9/11. Christians were bad towards their fellow man when they made the choice to burn the Quran. They’re both cheating the entire human race out of a chance to better itself. This, of course, relates to history in countless ways. Blind fools attacking people with different beliefs than them in the name of God has happened more times in history than people have sneezed. The Muslims handled the situation astonishingly poorly. Seriously, they’re acting like Neanderthals. If you want a symbolic gesture, don’t burn the flag, wash it. Even other countries, which would normally be looking at both sides like little children fighting on the playground, are probably looking at the Muslim ‘defense’ here and thinking, “What is wrong with those people?” Do you want to know what they SHOULD have done? Just asked. All they had to do was say, “Hey, Florida. Listen, we’re sorry about 9/11. That happened NINE YEARS AGO, and everyone who was directly involved in it kind of died. We really regret our predecessors doing it. Could you maybe please NOT burn all that we find holy in this world?”
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 02:24:18 AM by Frenchfry545 »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 10, 2010, 04:46:52 PM »
That's the big problem when people do things like that... The y give a bad image of the true meaning of the religion called 'Christian' or 'Muslim'. Through their acts, people generalise and say that all Christians are like that, or all Muslims are like that. Being in a multi cultural society, I can tell that I have Muslims friends are not at all like Al Quaeda. Because of terrorists, all the people who call themselves Muslims suffer. Because of a group of irresponsible people, who claim to be Muslims. On the other side, this pastor in Florida is not any better. With his very small church, he thinks that reacting to the same way as those crazy terrorists will make the latter cringe and not fight back again... if he was so much of a good pastor, he would have had a bigger than average church (not in terms of building, but population). With his little group, he thinks that he will change the world, how foolish! Through this action, he's only showing that he's not better than the Muslims. I just saw, however, through CNN that he's cancelling the burning of the Quran. I hope that the Rev. has finally understood, which I'm not quite sure.

But does that mean that all Muslims, all Christians are like them? No! There are Christians who also find this action immoral, there are Muslims who don't like Al Quaeda. Do you think that all these women in Afghan, Pakistan etc, like to be treated as they are now? Not having the right to drive, they must always get covered from foot to head when they get outside, they cannot voice out their opinion, they cannot be given education, having American troops in their country to protect them from terrorists there...

Something else I'd like to point out... why did the media have to make it all so dramatic? If I choose tomorrow to burn all the different religious books, take all the books in a library and burn them, I'm sure that no one in the closest country will hear of what I have done. I think that it's not only the fault of the pastor, but of the media too.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 10, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »
I think that it's not only the fault of the pastor, but of the media too.
True, but the chances are that this guy phoned up the media and told them. There would be no point to whta he did if nobody was aware of it.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 10, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
True. But why did the media decide to inform the whole world?

I know that the media has a great influence on the society. It has to consider what information is harmful and what is not. Some information must be censored, it's like this, it is its job.

Take the attack on the World Trade Centre. There were four attacks on this day. Two directed to the World Trade Centre (one of each tower), one to the White House and the last one to the Pentagon. The one to the Pentagon was not divulged (fortunately), except in one news magazine. People should not know much about the Pentagon, broadcasting acts of terrorism in some way satisfies the terrorist groups. They see that they are getting attention and consider that their mission was a success.

IMO

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 10, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »
What they DON'T realize, is that if worse came to worst, the U.S. might actually bust out the nukes. We don't like killing civillians, but we DO have the capacity for it, if terrorism continues. Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki? And that was JAPAN, which is an extremely important part of the world economy. Afghan terrorists... They have some delusion that they were more powerful than America, and that America is a bunch of monsters. >.< They have it backwards. We could wipe just about any third world country off the face of the Earth with the press of a button. It's just that we AREN'T monsters, and really don't want to kill innocent people.

...Sometimes I really do feel like the rest of the world thinks of the U.S. as a total attention whore.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 11, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »
I finally hit 400 posts! Yesterday I made that awesome Trainer Card, I started playing SoulSilver a few days before that. Wow, I'm having a great streak!
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 11, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
Lol, I'm happy for you :)

Congratulations! :D

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 11, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
I started school last Wednesday and already I'm beginnning to become snowed under by school work :/

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 11, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »
Don't talk about me... exams in 32 days :(

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 11, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »
But hey, who's counting?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 11, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »
I'm counting... and the homework ugh >.<