* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1512317 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Chit chat thread
« Reply #1125 on: September 14, 2010, 06:43:49 pm »
Somewhere in the United States of America... I never remember the names of the states >.<
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 14, 2010, 08:13:58 pm »
Wild guess, but Arizona?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 16, 2010, 04:31:54 am »
IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT FRENCHFRY!

:P As a few of you may remember from an anti-emo sig I had for like two days, I lost an eye about a year ago in a fight. I actually got in this fight because someone was harrassing a girl I know. Over the summer, a distand cousin of mine came to visit, and asked me why I was wearing an eyepatch. I told him the story, and when he left a week later, I thought that I'd seen the last of him. Oh, no. Apparently he went back to school, joined the newspaper, and wrotes an article about entering manhood. Guess who he used as an example?
He titled this article, "Being a Man."
Quote from: Little cousin's school newspaper
Some time ago, I met a distant relative of mine. His name is Stefan. When I met him, he was wearing an eyepatch. I asked him, "what happened?" When he told me, I was simple amazed that a child could do such a thing of his own free will. About a year ago, a close friend of his was being harassed at a baseball park by one of their classmates. When he intervened, this guy pulled a knife on him. Where a normal kid would've run away, he continued the fight, anyway. While he did, in some remote sense, succeed in making this kid leave, it had come at the cost of his right eye. He then, of course, walked ten minutes to a hospital.
For the remainder of the summer, this story simply would not leave my mind. Something about it, the entire concept of what Stefan went through voluntarily seems to almost DEMAND my respect. Well, a few days ago, I read a quote by Martin Luther King Jr.: "If a man hasn't found something he is willing to die for, then he is not fit to live." That's when I realized, Stefan, now only a freshman in high school, was the true meaning of a Man. He had thrown his life on the line for someone else, some girl he probably would have forgotten about in a few years.

My friends, THIS is what makes a man. Not being captain of the football team, not getting into all the honors classes, and not getting away with screaming out idiotic questions during class. Being a man is realizing that you are the Guardian of the world, and your family.

Can you guys believe it? He made me sound like a freaking superhero or something. Seriously, can you guys believe that somebody wrote that story about ME?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 16, 2010, 03:20:07 pm »
Well, he believed so, and acted accordingly :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 16, 2010, 07:57:38 pm »
*claps* Oh, wow, frenchfry, you're soo popular! Even in newspapers XP

But seriously, this guy seemed to deeped up your story, and made it sound like a part of some movie!
Still, what you did, was noble indeed.
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 16, 2010, 08:56:26 pm »
I dunno... I think it's less that what I did was 'noble', and more that doing anything else would just be cowardly. I mean, what if I HAD run away? She might've been killed, raped, robbed, or a thousand other things that nobody should ever allow to occur. The nearest police station was an hour away on foot, and there was nobody around to ask for help, so my hands were pretty much tied.
Incidentally, I finally asked her out a while ago. She talks about the plots of really boring movies a lot, but I don't really mind. :D

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 16, 2010, 08:58:43 pm »
Lol, so, your cousin was not very accurate on saying that you'd probably forget her :D

Good luck with her! :)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 16, 2010, 09:07:43 pm »
As long as I get really good at pretending to watch "The Boy in Striped Pajamas", I'll be fine.
...I just realized I never called that yogurt saleswoman. Hm...
I really wasn't planning to, though.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 16, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »
Woah dude, I'm in awe. I've been in a couple of scrapes but never anything that serious. And what you say about your hands being tied... well that is true but I know a fair few guys who would've walked away. But yeah, I don't wanna embarrass you.
Also, your cousin used my favourite quote, I don't know if you remember but it's the one I used in my sig before this one. And I used it in my story as well.
Good luck with watching the film by the way, and expect tears, the ending is pretty traumatic.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 16, 2010, 09:40:56 pm »
I saw it in 'These Streets', but not in your sig. D:
And I guess I am kinda expecting a sad ending, since it has both little children AND the holocuast.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 16, 2010, 09:43:30 pm »
Well, let's just say it made a huge manly guy like myself shed a tear :P

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 16, 2010, 11:33:50 pm »
wow, I haven't been on the site since Halo Reach came out. Kamaran is gonna kill me for doing poop all...
I think he said this was going to happen too.
*engages active camouflage*
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 16, 2010, 11:40:03 pm »
Yeah, you're going down. It's gonna be bloddy, too. There's gonna be, like, a rainy scene at night just outside a castle, where Kam rides past you on a black horse and cuts ou in half with a sword.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 17, 2010, 02:00:50 am »
IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT FRENCHFRY!

:P As a few of you may remember from an anti-emo sig I had for like two days, I lost an eye about a year ago in a fight. I actually got in this fight because someone was harrassing a girl I know. Over the summer, a distand cousin of mine came to visit, and asked me why I was wearing an eyepatch. I told him the story, and when he left a week later, I thought that I'd seen the last of him. Oh, no. Apparently he went back to school, joined the newspaper, and wrotes an article about entering manhood. Guess who he used as an example?
He titled this article, "Being a Man."
Quote from: Little cousin's school newspaper
Some time ago, I met a distant relative of mine. His name is Stefan. When I met him, he was wearing an eyepatch. I asked him, "what happened?" When he told me, I was simple amazed that a child could do such a thing of his own free will. About a year ago, a close friend of his was being harassed at a baseball park by one of their classmates. When he intervened, this guy pulled a knife on him. Where a normal kid would've run away, he continued the fight, anyway. While he did, in some remote sense, succeed in making this kid leave, it had come at the cost of his right eye. He then, of course, walked ten minutes to a hospital.
For the remainder of the summer, this story simply would not leave my mind. Something about it, the entire concept of what Stefan went through voluntarily seems to almost DEMAND my respect. Well, a few days ago, I read a quote by Martin Luther King Jr.: "If a man hasn't found something he is willing to die for, then he is not fit to live." That's when I realized, Stefan, now only a freshman in high school, was the true meaning of a Man. He had thrown his life on the line for someone else, some girl he probably would have forgotten about in a few years.

My friends, THIS is what makes a man. Not being captain of the football team, not getting into all the honors classes, and not getting away with screaming out idiotic questions during class. Being a man is realizing that you are the Guardian of the world, and your family.

Can you guys believe it? He made me sound like a freaking superhero or something. Seriously, can you guys believe that somebody wrote that story about ME?

So, you're Half-Blind? What's it like?

You remind me of Syaoran from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles.

If I were in that position, I'd do the same. Its not my life that is that important, If someone else is in trouble, I will Take 1000 Times their punishment if it means they will be safe.

Which also raises a question.

How come killing Saddam Hussein, (or others) isn't murder?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 17, 2010, 02:54:13 am »
So, you're Half-Blind? What's it like?

You remind me of Syaoran from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles.

If I were in that position, I'd do the same. Its not my life that is that important, If someone else is in trouble, I will Take 1000 Times their punishment if it means they will be safe.
Well, you actually only lose about a fifth of your vision when you lose an eye. It's really easy for me to aim a gun now, though I really won't need that ability anytime soon. It's impossible for me to see my right shoulder now, which just annoys the sh*t out of me sometimes.
Which also raises a question.

How come killing Saddam Hussein, (or others) isn't murder?
Would it have been considered murder to kill Hitler?