* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1511621 times)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Re: Chit chat thread
« Reply #1605 on: October 21, 2010, 01:13:36 am »
...or you could just buy a real guitar.

I don't understand whats up with people these days.
"I got a Wii balance board that lets me simulate pushups and running on a treadmill"
"OR, you could do some push ups and go for a jog..."

All i see from this 'gig' is that it tries to cash in on people who don't realize that they could have been just playing guitar all this time.

in a world that already includes a Big Boy, why would I settle for something that's like a Big Boy? -Sheldon Cooper

I found RockBand and Guitar Hero too easy. So I went out and bought a guitar. Its really not as hard as people think and if this 'gig' is really just a six stringed guitar, then why should you even bother?
Theres a program thats free called powertab that can teach you pretty much any song you want to if you download it from this site I go to, and you would learn it just as easily as what Rock Band 3 claims it can do.

Well there's my opinion I guess, anyone want to take a swing at me now?
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 21, 2010, 01:20:13 am »
...or you could just buy a real guitar.

I don't understand whats up with people these days.
"I got a Wii balance board that lets me simulate pushups and running on a treadmill"
"OR, you could do some push ups and go for a jog..."

All i see from this 'gig' is that it tries to cash in on people who don't realize that they could have been just playing guitar all this time.

in a world that already includes a Big Boy, why would I settle for something that's like a Big Boy? -Sheldon Cooper

I found RockBand and Guitar Hero too easy. So I went out and bought a guitar. Its really not as hard as people think and if this 'gig' is really just a six stringed guitar, then why should you even bother?
Theres a program thats free called powertab that can teach you pretty much any song you want to if you download it from this site I go to, and you would learn it just as easily as what Rock Band 3 claims it can do.

Well there's my opinion I guess, anyone want to take a swing at me now?
The Rock band 3 guitar costs less, but you have a point. I just want it so that I can have more of a challenge when I play with my friends and family. I'm not saying it's better than a real guitar, but if it sounds like that, I'm not trying to.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 21, 2010, 02:12:31 am »
You know, Silver? You're exactly right. That's why I bash guys who play Call of Duty for not joining the Marines, and Naruto fanbois for not becoming ninjas.

...Ad-homonims aside, I get your point. But the simple fact of the matter is this:
People like what they can relate to. The Wii Fit is a way for gamers to get in *some* shape in the safe, familiar enviroment of their video-game world. Guitar Hero/Rock Band is a way for them to "play" music they like while still having the fun they feel whenever they're on the Wii/Xbox360/PS3

Would it be better for them to learn guitar? Absolutely. It's just that they don't like playing guitar. They like playing video games.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 21, 2010, 05:28:35 am »
You know, Silver? You're exactly right. That's why I bash guys who play Call of Duty for not joining the Marines, and Naruto fanbois for not becoming ninjas.
A video game lets you do something that you couldn't normally do IRL. Thats why games like MW2 and Gears are so popular. It would be frowned upon by the community if you took your Lancer bayonet to someones shoulder for real wouldn't it?

And lets be honest, if someone tells you they are a ninja, they aren't a ninja. Suck it Naruto.

...Ad-homonims aside, I get your point. But the simple fact of the matter is this:
People like what they can relate to. The Wii Fit is a way for gamers to get in *some* shape in the safe, familiar enviroment of their video-game world.

Considering the target audience for the Wii Fit were moms who wanted to lose weight, I would have to disagree with your statement that it was a way for gamers to get excersize

Guitar Hero/Rock Band is a way for them to "play" music they like while still having the fun they feel whenever they're on the Wii/Xbox360/PS3

Would it be better for them to learn guitar? Absolutely. It's just that they don't like playing guitar. They like playing video games.
What i meant was if someone was to buy something like this "gig", a guitar that looks and acts very similarly to a guitar, why not just buy a guitar?

-snip for eyerape purposes-
The Rock band 3 guitar costs less, but you have a point. I just want it so that I can have more of a challenge when I play with my friends and family. I'm not saying it's better than a real guitar, but if it sounds like that, I'm not trying to.

Common misconception actually.

A good guitar costs alot more, a cheap, starting guitar to learn the basics on to see if you would like to progress further with that instrument is actually alot less than this 'gig'.

I got my starter guitar for $60 from a pawn shop. Took my guitar class and got 81% with it
A starting guitar from walmart is only about $120, but i would suggest going to some second hand store, as they are usually a little better for about the same price (I was just lucky to find a guitar for half of that price).

Plus, as a bonus you don't have to be standing in front of a TV screen to play. Bonus right?

It is true it would be better to play with your family, but having the difficulty of a 'real' guitar...
hmm

I may hate this less than i originally thought; I still think its a cash grab, but its less retarded now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:45:31 am by Silver »
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 22, 2010, 01:11:40 am »
*sigh*...T.T
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 22, 2010, 01:30:15 am »
Did somebody bully you today, Leo?
*Puts on brass knuckles*

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 22, 2010, 01:35:48 am »
Oh noes!

I just took off the metroid suit too....

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 22, 2010, 01:55:14 am »
Leo, I swear to god, you better start taking martial arts. I promise you'll never be depressed again.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 22, 2010, 02:44:25 am »
Well some people also know how to play Guitar and play it because it isn't just like Guitar, you know with the characters and all 'dat stuff.

But I agree for people that don't and agree with the Blalnce Board etc. I think people do it because they think it is easier then really excersising, which it isnt.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 22, 2010, 03:16:39 am »
Leo, I swear to god, you better start taking martial arts. I promise you'll never be depressed again.

1. It was a girl.
2. It happened behind my back.
3. My girlfriend told me.
4. Dont even know who she is...

My gf is a Cheerleader, and a friend of hers(whom I do not even know) told her I had been flirting with and hugging a friend of mine, I knew this was a lie, so I tried reasoning with her, but she wasn't sure that I said the truth.

We're ok now.
but Im still mad at the girl.

so, cant beat her up
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 22, 2010, 03:24:54 am »
Wow, that freakin sucks. But this girl, why would she do that?  :(

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 22, 2010, 03:26:21 am »
Leo, listen to me. People respect you more if they know you are capable of killing someone with your bare hands. You said you're "weak". I dunno how specifically, but I guaruntee that people will make fun of you/ try to ruin your life less when you have a few months of Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, or kickboxing under your belt.

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 22, 2010, 03:36:05 am »
"weak", as in physically weak? Well, you do have to pay for for the lessons though, and it's not always cheap. Honestly, what I did was get some friends who are in classes to teach me some things and its been pretty helpful in my past years.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 22, 2010, 08:32:19 am »
I think I now understand why we have schools for boys and girls separate here... even if those problems do arise quite often.

This girl might be jealous...

Anyway, yes you cannot do something here except being honest with your girlfriend. Trust is very important.

Does she believe you?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 22, 2010, 11:54:25 am »
Girls... we may never understand.
And I also go to a boy's only school Jerry, you're not the only one.