* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1554352 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: Chit chat thread
« Reply #1935 on: December 07, 2010, 11:29:46 AM »
Yeah I guess that you could say that.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 07, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
I wasn't expecting an intelligent answer on this site from anyone other than the Devs, Unbreakble, Frenchfry etc.

For increasing my standards of the intelligence base of this site, as I think most are 10-12 year olds who think that all of their ideas are gold and have never been thought of before.

You, on the other hand, have said something I didn't expect from anyone(except from the usual lot as stated above) on this site, and therefore will be commemorated as such
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 07, 2010, 04:55:48 PM »
Huh? O.o

To whom are you addressing this?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 07, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »
To whom it may concern.

Well, og the top of my head the ones i deem "smart" on this site of the top of my head, jerry, are you,fry,leo,devs, mr. pokemon.

Everyone else I either; dont talk to enough to know, or i think they're ignorant idiots who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

So, considering i don't talk to thedarknessinside enough on this site to know him, i think of him as less of an idiot now.

Take that comment as you wish buddy :)

To be honest though, its not just this site. To me, people are idiots by default; that way, i can be happy when I learn that someone has intelligence.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 07, 2010, 05:53:02 PM »
Ah, I understand now :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 07, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
this is weird, I had a dream, I think it was premonitory, but anyway, in it.... Angel was back.. It felt so real, but I don't know....

This makes me worry and hope at the same time.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 07, 2010, 06:17:28 PM »
Well, we'll need to ask her for some way to keep contact next time she comes... she must have been very busy... but I hear that it's the period of exams in America, so, she might probably be back soon.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 07, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
Oooor, she got tired of PU. Wouldn't be the first one.
But hey, I just like being negative.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 07, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
Only time will tell :)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 07, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Yeah im pretty sure it isnt exam time in America. If its anything like Canada, then exams are in January and June.

Where are all the good games this generation? There really aren't that many are there?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 07, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »
This generation...
Call of Duty isn't bad. It's the freaking fanbase that nobody can stand.
Assassin's Creed
Disgaea
Fire Emblem
Erm... final fantasy started sucking around 12, so...
Metal Gear
Halo
Thisgamecompany, is you look at it as more of an art than a 'kill everything that moves' kinda thing.
Gears o' War
^^^^ Just to name a few.

And yeah. As the U.S. Ambassador of Pokemon Universe, I'm here to tell you we have standardized testing in the first few months of the year, which is  the second half of the school year. school-run exams take place in the last week of school, which is around the beginning of summer.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 07, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »
Halo, Birth By Sleep, Heartgold and Soulsilver Mainly, but to tell the truth, I dunno that many of the games that came out this year, off the top of my head.

But, also all people think of different games as "Good" so technically, there is no real answer.

Also today I was talking to my friend about the new games (Black and White.) And my other friend said "Pokemon is for babies!" So I showed him this site, and reminded him that you catch monster's in the game, and fight other monsters, he was kinda quiet after that, hehehe. Also my liking of him went down slightly, because I try to have smart friends, and someone who says "[Insert something here] is for babies!" isn't really that intelligent, in my opinion, and he didn't even give a reason for thinking that.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:38 PM »
Fry, how many of those will you go back to again in a few weeks?months?

from your list, for me at least, Fire Emblem and Halo 2.

You've said good things sbout Disgaea, and it has piqued my interest, but I have no way to really get a copy to try it.
I haven't played metal gear either; and I'm still new to Final Fantasy games, as the only ones I've played now are 1,9,10, and 13; all of which were at a friends house, except for 10 and 13. And 13 SUCKED.

Assasin's Creed was good but had no replayability whatsoever, and I refuse to comment on any other game on that list.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 07, 2010, 11:07:31 PM »
Well, everything that I named was either a series or company, so... all of them.
Besides, after I beat story mode for a game, I typically just stick to online multiplayer, which is way better than single player anyway. So, replayability isn't really an issue for me.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 07, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »
To name a few more good games:
Counterstrike: Source
Any other Valve game
Uncharted 1 & 2
Phantasy Star Online