* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Poke'Zoo Island!  (Read 3903 times)

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Poke'Zoo Island!
« on: June 09, 2010, 04:26:07 AM »
Poke’Zoo Island!
Made Some Changes In RED
You receive a Ticket! It’s for entrance to the Poke’Zoo Island. Along with your ticket you receive a letter from you uncle he runs the Poke’Zoo Island and would like you as his favourite nephew to be the first to inspect the zoo. (Note if the game is designed so that each player is different i.e an uncle to thousands of players may seem odd you could have won a competition or something to tour the island first)

You jump on a boat and head over to his small island. On it you see the kind of things you would see at a zoo, cafes, popcorn carts, souvenir stores etc. You meet your uncle and he takes you on a tour of the zoo. It contains semi rare pokemon like Lapras’, Pinsir’s, pokemon like that (Kind of like what’s outside the safari zone in FR/LG). He also shows you the new electronic locks on the pens, he just ordered them and they are essential to the control of his zoo. He tells you to stay the night in the guest lodge and you can investigate the free range exhibits in the morning. He tells you a quick story of how his youth as a pokemon collector and that he decided to stop collecting and begin a zoo and breeding. He mentions something about an old friend of his who separated after his firend abandoned him in Gengar cave.
You have to wait till the next day (real time) and when you speak to your uncle again he is frantic. Someone has stolen the locks off the cages and the pokemon to. He asks you to investigate for him. You do it because he’s your favourite uncle and the zoo is supposed to be opening in a few days.

You investigate the problem by inquiring to the many zoo workers. Some say they saw nothing others say they saw some shady people, whispering and moving in the middle of the night. They each point you in a direction which will lead you to an area with another worker who will say a similar story and point you in the right direction after two or three directions the next worker will say he saw the shady characters entering a cave.

You enter the cave, AH! Its two grunt like men! They have the pokemon and the new locks stashed in this cave. There are two of them standing guard you here them mention they are going to move the pokemon to the boat house tonight were their boat is stashed and boss is waiting. You challenge them, time for a double battle!. You defeat them. As they rush to escape the cages are knocked over the pokemon flee. You watch them run off the pokemon are Lapras, Kangaskan and (some newer generation semi rare like Milotic). You cant stop them so you collect the locks and go back to your uncle.

You give it to him and he gives you a rare candy for being such a good little boy (or girl). He says however that for his zoo to open again he needs those rare pokemon. At this point the user could go away take a break and come back later to finish the second half of the quest.
Your uncle says that the pokemon have been sighted around the island. He gives you 99 Zoo balls, they have zero percent capture rates on regular pokemon but they have a higher than ultra ball catch rate on the escaped pokemon and regular balls won’t work on the escaped pokemon.

You walk around the island fighting off the hordes of mundane raticates, golbats and grass pokemon until you run into one of the pokemon. Its Kangaskan, it will appear like a legendary does in the middle of the field. You fight and capture him if you faint him he will flee instead of faint and go to a different field but like two hours later or something with revived health. You do this for the lapras in a pool inside the islands mountain. Finally you come to the other side of the island and an ocean bay. You see milotic and a strange man in front of it. He tells you the same old crap about world domination and such and collecting milotic would help him as the pokemon at the zoo are powerful pokemon unlike the golbats and skunktanks he’s using. He says your uncle will pay for what he did. He tells you It was your uncle that abandoned him in the gengar cave and that he was so scared and cursed by the gengars that he lost his prize pokemon.

You fight him and defeat him, then capture milotic. Note the pokemon cannot be traded and will not obey you in battle and you can’t receive the ticket home until you give them back to your uncle. You return the pokemon to your uncle. He shows you the rest of the island with his free range breeding program. He rewards you by letting you choose and egg from his free range breeding pokemon low and behold you can choose between a feebas egg a kangaskan egg and a lapras egg. He gives you a return ticket and you head home. OR You could talk to your uncle again. You tell him how the man you met was his former friend and that he still holds a grudge. your uncle explains that his friend wandered off the path he had assumed he had abandoned him after a small fight they had had. Your uncle tells you to head home and he will call you if he ever hears news of him again.

I havent worked out this next chained quest fully and it will be in a new post with a link to this one but it will involve your uncle hearing of his old friend over the collector circles and you and your uncle will team up to storm his old friends hideout free some stolen pokemon and dominate his grunt workers in double battles.

This could be made any difficulty by just changing the levels of the pokemon and the rockets but as milotic and such are pretty strong pokemon i would have them at least past milotics regular evolve level so pretty late in the game.
Part 1.
Do some investigating
Beat some grunts
Return the locks
Get a rare candy
Part 2.
Catch some pokemon
Beat a boss
Catch a milotic
Get an egg

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:38:34 AM by BuzzKillington »
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Poke'Zoo Island!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 04:33:50 AM »
Nice job. I Like it. Two thumbs way up! :)
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline tomgregory200

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 06:41:44 AM »
theres No Team Rocket in this Game <use search>

however change it to an evil pokemon collector,

and when you meet him he tells you his story and why he did it, (i'll leave this up to you)
and it could make a good quest
my role paying team

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:33:06 AM »
Hey yeah thanks mate I've made those changes its now his uncles old colleague who has a grudge against him and has become an evil Pokemon collector. I've also started thinking of a chained quest to this were you take down the collectors lair but havent thought of a reward, any ideas. i was thinking maybe some money found in the lair the collector had made selling stolen pokemon, has anyone got any ideas?

Offline huhutoh

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »
Nice ;D :D anxiously waiting for the game to start functioning.

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 05:16:41 PM »
Thanks people! i really like your support and am working on the next chained quest over the next twenty four hours, i'll probably think about it whilst going to bed and write it in the morning. How does shock collered pokemon in stead of grunts, to be the collectors hounds when i storm his lair, sound?
And i am really pumped for the release as well  ;)
- Buzz -