* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon Storage System (pss)t!  (Read 5988 times)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Pokemon Storage System (pss)t!
« on: June 19, 2010, 04:15:30 AM »
I was curious to know of what you (the PU team) had planned for the Pokemon storage system. Instead of it being a place to just store, rearrange, release, and take out pokemon.. I was hoping for a more interactive experience with the PC.

Im unsure if this has already be discussed but i was hoping that maybe the PU team could add features like a sort option, to view pokemon based on gender, time that they were caught, level range, type, resistances, rarity, etc.

Or even an option to designate 3-4 (maybe more) team slots so that the player would be able to instantly take out his/her wanted 6 instead of having to sift through hundreds of doubles or forgotten pokemon.

Right now Im a little forgetful, so i honestly cant think of what the gba's PC options consist of.

One feature Im aware of is the "hall of fame" feature, after beating the elite four.
I, personally, think that it'd be cool if players could have their own hall of fame feature in their PCs for every gym leader beaten.

Well, not a hall of fame, but an option to view one's pokemon team that's just defeated a gym leader, Brutal five, or even the team that bought a player to victory in a major tournament.

These are just random ideas that came to mind but many things can be done to enhance one's experience with the PC. These are just a few.. and I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Storage System (pss)t!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
I like those ideas a lot.  I'm a big fan of just sitting back and just organizing all the pokemon that I've caught into different categories.  It's kind of the reason why I haven't played Soul Silver that much; because the box system is so slow and disorganized.

Offline Green

• Beginning Trainer
  • Let's battle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:24:47 PM »
yeah I hear ya, too much clutter, you should be able to have the option of what box a pokemon goes based on type or nature when you get a new pokemon. I really like the preset team slots thing to take a new team out on the fly. that would save alot of time.
(\__/)
( -_-)/”)
(,,(”’)(”’) Snorlax rocks.

(banner created by Tealize)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 02:50:15 AM »
i would prefer pss that automatically puts the pokemon in its correct slot compared to what number it is in the pokedex, also if it worked like that the team would have to take into account legendaries and such and make it so there isn't a gap between pokemon where legendaries normally would be
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 09:47:34 AM »
For me, I like to have them in the order or region, then in order of pokedex number. I have three boxes for Kanto, two for Johto, two for Hoenn and two for Sinnoh in Platinum. One box is separate for legendaries and another for the Unowns.

That'd be nice if there was a pss automatically sorting the caught pokemon.

Or if there were options such as 'sort':
Sort according to pokedex number
Sort according to level
Sort according to types (dual types will be arranged by their first type listed)
Sort according to pokemon type/family/species (eg, if you have Vileplume and Bellossom, they would get one after the other, not in separate boxes because they are from different regions)

etc.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:50:32 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Yoshui_Bei_Fong

• Beginning Trainer
  • Proud member of the 501st legion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:48:03 PM »
That would be so cool to see a more interactive storage system.  I like the one in the pokemon games but it's not very organized

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »
Honestly, anything remotely resembles some kind of organization (other than a bunch of boxes) is an upgrade.

Though it is something that could possibly take some time, it would be interesting to see it done.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52:12 AM »
yeah and it would be nice if we had enough room for all the pokemon we would catch, there are some pokemon games where you simply run out of room and cant store any more. I would like to see the ability to hold maybe 1000 pokemon esp if the 5th generation is going to be added later on
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:56:05 PM »
yeah and it would be nice if we had enough room for all the pokemon we would catch, there are some pokemon games where you simply run out of room and cant store any more. I would like to see the ability to hold maybe 1000 pokemon esp if the 5th generation is going to be added later on

I agree, the boxes in the Pokemon games are far too small and as others said disorganized. In HG/SS the box system is wayyy to slow. A more interactive way, maybe like showing the pokemon being transfered or something.

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 10:19:20 PM »
Yeah, I really hated that about pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, they gave a hundred more pokemon to catch, (plus they put in gender) but only gave you 40 more pokemon slots.
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »
I like being able to make a relevant background for a box, and put certain types in it. Like have a river background for my water types and a volcano background for my fire types.

I'd like there to be at least one background for every type, and 17 boxes. although I also like to put my unknowns in their own box, and have one main box that pokemon get sent to before I rearrange them.

Being able to organize pokemon into boxes with nice backgrounds would be awesome.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »
How do you deal with dual types? I gave this (i.e. type sorting) up and prefer to arrange them by generation.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Hova

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
I really like this idea Im kinda forgetful myself

Offline Zyrow

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 07:48:33 AM »
I remember that I always had two or three boxes in each game devoted to all the pokemon I battle other players with. I would really enjoy being able to organize my pokemon into teams and simply switch teams out as I please without needing to put the whole other team back into the box one-by-one.
Rock, Paper, Scizor is a  broken game. Bullet Punch is super effective against rock and paper.