* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New bag, badge bag?  (Read 2244 times)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
New bag, badge bag?
« on: June 24, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
Just as the title suggests, I think that implementing a new bag would add a little more depth to the game. Just as in the newer generation games we are introduced to the items, pokeball, key items, TM/HM, and berry bags. I come to wonder why a bag was never appropriated for gym badges. The bag, im proposing, wouldnt be anything "special" and wouldnt contain a myriad of items; it would feature only items relating to the badges a trainer owns.

The only items that I can think of at the moment, for the bag, are (of course) the badges, one's own trainer card (brings me to mi next idea, will have up shortly), and possibly a mini-map of the gym.

Nothing ground breaking... but after clicking (examining) a particular badge, you are given the option to view the "trainer's" scorecard, of sorts. While viewing the trainer's scorecard, you would be able to see the trainer's team used to obtain the examined badge, win/loss versus gym leader and his/her pupils (assuming one would be able to battle more than once, even after defeating), and other things relating to one's experience with the selected gym.

Another option one would be able to view is the "universal" scorecard of sorts. The universal score card would have stats coresponding to the gym leader win/loss record versus the mass of PU. Average number of trainer battles per day, and other things.

IM aware that this proposal is not much more than an extra feature (as is most proposals).. but I think something like this wouldnt hurt to add.

Just throwing is out there. Im sure it's bound to get shot down.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:43:54 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: New bag, badge bag?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »
As to why there was not a section for badges is the bag is that there is the trainer card, to which is attached the badges. In DPPt, the trainer card looks in fact like a badge box, from behind. You have to open it to view your badges.

I don't find it really interesting though... it's only my opinion. I personally won't be that enthusiast to know which team a trainer used to beat a certain gym leader. Sorry :(

But I'm curious as to the 'other things' you stated... maybe they could be more interesting to me.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
Re: New bag, badge bag?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »
i like it i think it would be interesting, just made a reply similar to this subject on y our other post. i would like to be able to get a signature for every gym I beat and it will show the team use to get that badge but you would only select one to use when people view your trainer card. you would also get these "signatures/trainer cards" for every tournament that you would win, this way it would let the trainer pick what he/she feels is their greatest accomplishment to show off when someone clicks on you card.

Just an idea I'm sore other people would agree with me, but if not thats fine also lol just wanted to make the suggestion.
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***