* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

I live on or closest to...

The east coast
169 (38.3%)
The west coast
68 (15.4%)
Neither! I'm not an american.
89 (20.2%)
The midwest (Central US.)
115 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 441

Author Topic: Americans! READ THIS  (Read 42386 times)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Americans! READ THIS
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
east cost, best place to put the server because most of the US's population is on the eastern side of the country (and i don't want lag...)

This is the second, third person to mention this? I suppose East Cost is getting their server! =D Sound good to me why don't you put it in Buffalo, right by my house! XD I gotta friend who needs a project you probable don't want some kid hosting your sites game but he's quite a fine techy. He's the nerd that linked every computer, ps3, printer, cellphone and watch to his home server. lol But I'm just throwing that out there he can give you advise on what to do will your servers if you like it. I talk to him alot in person so I don't have his e-mail but i'll try to get on tomorrow and send his e-mail to one of you GMs. Umm... yeah, ok. o.o'

Unless he has a 100Mbit (full-duplex) connection, no..
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »
Im an East Guy so anything in the Georgia/Florida Area would be nice.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00:44 PM »
i still say that the server should be in central area just because it would minimize lag for every1

edit: I am also curious about the GM factor for the american servers any ideas on that?
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »
i still say that the server should be in central area just because it would minimize lag for every1

edit: I am also curious about the GM factor for the american servers any ideas on that?

We don't know if a central server would reduce lag for both sides, maybe it's not playable... We'll never know unless we buy a server there or we get the opportunity to borrow a server to we can test.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »
ok i was just stating my opinion for the better of every1 because im in central area and no matter if its on the west/east/central area lag wil be minimal for me

Offline SnapDragon

• Beginning Trainer
  • "You just lost."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 06:56:52 AM »
east cost, best place to put the server because most of the US's population is on the eastern side of the country (and i don't want lag...)

This is the second, third person to mention this? I suppose East Cost is getting their server! =D Sound good to me why don't you put it in Buffalo, right by my house! XD I gotta friend who needs a project you probable don't want some kid hosting your sites game but he's quite a fine techy. He's the nerd that linked every computer, ps3, printer, cellphone and watch to his home server. lol But I'm just throwing that out there he can give you advise on what to do will your servers if you like it. I talk to him alot in person so I don't have his e-mail but i'll try to get on tomorrow and send his e-mail to one of you GMs. Umm... yeah, ok. o.o'

You do not need to be smug.
Instead of trying to render images, he can maintain your server and never, hopefully, be out of things too do. I really don't like the rendering farm idea. Hosting a server won't take up so much room or make as big a mess... I hope one of the GMs has AIM, I can get you his AIM now and his e-mail a little later. He is the techy brain not myself so for the sake of pokemon just chat with him. The sooner pokemon is up the better for EVERYONE!! ^^
Blue tiger people + glowy magic stuff + fantastic animal + made up world= AVATAR!! XD yeah best movie every!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »
You do not need to be smug.
Instead of trying to render images, he can maintain your server and never, hopefully, be out of things too do. I really don't like the rendering farm idea. Hosting a server won't take up so much room or make as big a mess... I hope one of the GMs has AIM, I can get you his AIM now and his e-mail a little later. He is the techy brain not myself so for the sake of pokemon just chat with him. The sooner pokemon is up the better for EVERYONE!! ^^

We don't have AIM, our main way of communication is our IRC channel or e-mail.

Offline SnapDragon

• Beginning Trainer
  • "You just lost."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »

OK so is that 100Mbit down, up, or split 50/50. You would need more upload then download of course. I can handle the connections. 50Down 25Up. This works perfect for all the web/game servers i host. ~Mcfly~
Blue tiger people + glowy magic stuff + fantastic animal + made up world= AVATAR!! XD yeah best movie every!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »

OK so is that 100Mbit down, up, or split 50/50. You would need more upload then download of course. I can handle the connections. 50Down 25Up. This works perfect for all the web/game servers i host. ~Mcfly~

100Mbit up & down. We've calculated and if we want to host 1000 players on 1 server we're going to need that 100Mbit.

And besides that, we don't want some home server running our game, we need reliability (power/network outage)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »
I have to say the I agree with Mr_Dark a home based server wouldn't be the most reliable place for a server as the person who actually runs it could also go and just completely wipe it, then what? Every one on the american server would be sad and I'm sure the developers don't want that

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 11:44:57 PM »
SnapDragon:

Does your friend understand this?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:46:29 PM by Bakagringo »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 03:35:36 PM »
And for the people who DO NOT live in the USA, don't try to be funny just vote on "Neither, I'm not an American"  :-*

:eek: Sorry Mr_Dark! I only read the first post then voted :(

EDIT: Urmel, I am serious on this post. I don't live in any part of America, and my time zone is GMT+4.00 hours. And I wasn't trying to be any sort of funny at any time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:23:40 AM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Urmel

• Founder/Developer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 06:18:41 PM »
And for the people who DO NOT live in the USA, don't try to be funny just vote on "Neither, I'm not an American"  :-*

You need someone to explicitly tell you that you have to take this poll seriously? Otherwise you just vote crap, which makes the poll less accurate? Geez.

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 11:50:57 PM »
I am a Canadian But i live in the Gmt eastern time zone I amd next to Ottawa city but live in gatineau which is right next to it. So I and closer to east coast than central geographically.
And voting Neiter makes that less accurate, it should be more like if you dont live in the north american continent. But i play on a lot of USA servers so it don't matter right now....

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 03:29:54 AM »

You need someone to explicitly tell you that you have to take this poll seriously? Otherwise you just vote crap, which makes the poll less accurate? Geez.

First of all, I didn't take the poll as a joke. I nearly never joke on the net. Ok, forget that. Second, really, I'm not American! :(
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...