* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Ps3 Or 360?  (Read 8103 times)

Offline rhapsody

• Beginning Trainer
  • Thats right Im the bad guy here
    • View Profile
Re: Ps3 Or 360?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 03:40:12 AM »
 i just got one of the new Xbox 360 slim and its ok, the powerbrick is not as big as it was but still big and i havent got overheating problem yat, which is good. how ever it suposesd to have wifi but you have to buy a program that cost about $50 to be able to use it, which is gay.

overall  its really good. but I still prefer ps3, i got one of the ps3 slim when they come out and I havent got any problem, I can use the wifi without buying any other stuff and it have blue-ray plus i dont have to buy batteries every 5 days.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:42:28 AM by rhapsody »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 04:29:18 AM »
^^^^^
I think this is productive enough to count as revival.

Anyway, I like the Playstation in general just because of the exclusive games. Disgaea, as far as I know, has been faithful to Playstation, save for AoD on the DS. Metal Gears 1 and 3 are PS and PS2 exclusive, and MGS3 was 100% wincest. Littlebigplanet, undebatably, is awesome. Halo and Gears of War are nice, but they can't compare to MGS, LBP, Disgaea, and the upcoming Journey.

Aside from that, Xbox looks like a Wii that forgot to diet, and has a huge lack of Blu-Ray. PS3 is not only a Blu-Ray player, but it is the BEST Blu-Ray DVD player in the world, and thus, the best DVD player. In fact, the slogan of the PS3, "It only does Everything", is completely true. Hell,  bet they're gonna come out with downloadable content that allows your PS3 to turn into an Autobot in a year or two.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 05:35:19 AM »
^^^^^
I think this is productive enough to count as revival.

Anyway, I like the Playstation in general just because of the exclusive games. Disgaea, as far as I know, has been faithful to Playstation, save for AoD on the DS. Metal Gears 1 and 3 are PS and PS2 exclusive, and MGS3 was 100% wincest. Littlebigplanet, undebatably, is awesome. Halo and Gears of War are nice, but they can't compare to MGS, LBP, Disgaea, and the upcoming Journey.

Aside from that, Xbox looks like a Wii that forgot to diet, and has a huge lack of Blu-Ray. PS3 is not only a Blu-Ray player, but it is the BEST Blu-Ray DVD player in the world, and thus, the best DVD player. In fact, the slogan of the PS3, "It only does Everything", is completely true. Hell,  bet they're gonna come out with downloadable content that allows your PS3 to turn into an Autobot in a year or two.

I have both. So, my opinion is about as unbiased as it gets.

PS3: What is not to say? I loved my PS2. I owned more games for it, and the PS1, than I still do for most of my other consoles. (Lately, I must say that I really only play my PS3 for those older titles.) Now, pro's have been listed left and right. You even gave a few FrenchFry, so I think I will just go and list some of the con's for both systems.

- Horrible online experience. (May be an exaggeration, but it is comparitively bad. This is also intended for non-plus service.) Mind you: this is not intended for online play or games. It is for PSNetwork as a whole and service. So put your complaints about 'Killzune 2 multplaya rawks!' on the back burner.

For online use, I much prefer the Xbox 360. It's quick, efficient, easy to get into. (There slogan should have been, 'It can't do everything, but a four year old can figure it out.') I can find most things in a few seconds of looking for it, it has no known issues preventing it from being accessed and used to the fullest, and has a huge selection to work from. In short, you get what you pay for. It may be a case of P2P, but you are definitely not left wanting afterwards.

I wish I could say the same for the PS3. Network is ok, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not fun to just browse around the 'market place' like one can do on the 360. It's actually a lot slower than I expected. (Download wise) It seems to take far, far longer to download anything on the PS3 than it does on the 360. Other than a weird interface, I can not say they are doing much wrong. It's about as average as it can get, without a comparison. But, as I said, if you compare it's running with that of the 360's, it gets worse.

- Game Selection: a lot of people say that this is a non issue. (Both consoles have a lot of exclusives!) Well, it's a tie here for me. PS3 has very, very few games I enjoy playing. Mostly RPG's, Ratchet and Clank, and things such as Killzone 2. Outside of that, I really don't enjoy much of what comes out for it.

Countering that, the Xbox 360 has a veritable slew of crappy games. Most of them are odd hybrids for what could pass for Wii games or just not fun at all. But, it also has more 'fun' titles for me than what I find on the PS3. (Non-exclusives. If I have the choice, I usually go for the 360 version of a title.) Titles such as Too Human, Lost Odyssey, Forza.

But, I digress. Like I said in the beginning, I own both. I enjoy both. Neither is better than the other. They have their pro's and con's and it really comes down to which one you feel more comfortable playing.

(As a bonus, PS3 gets MGS. So, hugemassiveoverinflated brownie points of +4 death.)
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
And yeah no... PS3 is far from the best bluray player in the world. Althought supporting 3D, it does not support the HDMI 1,4 Standard, and you will still notice a clear difference between a good dedicated player and a PS3. That does not mean it's a bad bluray-player however! Clearly it's one of the better.

As for games, well the PS3 has longer load times because of the Bluray-format, and considering an xbox 360 allows you to store your games on the HDD, there is a vast difference in speed here.

Controller:
This is a completely opinion based case. I prefer the PS3 controller because it's easier to hit the buttons in fast paces, and because two of my fingers cover both bumpers on the 360 pad. The result of this is that I in some games like borderlands I will accidentally push buttons and do stupid actions.
That to be said, the 360 controller oozes of better quality, and is cheaper on top of that.
Since the battery may also be changed, it's easy to charge it using induction, which causes less of a cable mess.

Xbox Live > PSN . I don't need to say more here, Raikt already explained this.

Co-op games:
There are a few exclusive 360 games that makes it the BEST co-op console:
Halo (All), Splinter Cell Conviction, Gears of War.
This + Xbox live makes it unbeatable here.

My conclusion is simple:
For solo games, I'd pick the PS3 any day, as the disc quality is better, and the controller is simpler. Not to mention you get a few nice exclusives for PS3, like Uncharted. :)
For multiplayer: Xbox 360, no need to comment further. :p

Also, with the release of the new xbox 360, there are no problems with red ring. As well as
don't forget that it's also a cheaper ticket to console gaming. :)
Another point to the PS3: It will play all region games. If you like to play imports, it's the console of choice.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:22:50 PM by Bakagringo »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 03:03:13 PM »
...Eh...
I won't argue with the Blu-ay part there... I'm not really DVD-player savvy >.<

And while I don't really OWN an Xbox 360, everyone I know says that online is better. I think, however, that it has to do with the fact that you HAVE to pay for online. That means that an angsty teenager could easily have online play ripped from his hands the moment he starts talking back to his parents.

Oh, wait, that's a good thing.

Haha... I'm kind of wondering why the Wii wasn't mentioned here. It might've been mentioned in the first post, but I don't feel like opening a new tab to go check. I think it's better this way, though, because PS3 and Xbox 360 were designed for solo/online play, and the Wii is pretty much designed for parties.

Honestly, I don't see either system as better. it's just a personal preference for the games/other functions/controller shape. Yeah, I hate the 360's controller with a passion.

Offline angiecakes

• Beginning Trainer
  • A closed mouth gathers no foot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 02:38:27 AM »
I am completely in love with the 360, but I'm just a big fan of microsoft in general.  I find Xbox Live easier/funner to use than the PS3, and I find the game choices to be a little bit better to my taste.
I love the gamerscore system, also.

I've only played a PS3 for about five minutes total, so I'm sure I don't know everything there is to know, but I'm going to say I'd prefer the Xbox 360.  (Xbox > PS2)
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
  • I am here, just busy. And ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 03:13:13 AM »
If i did go out and buy a Ps3, i do think the only times it would get used was when i wanted to use it for the blu ray. For online and solo game play, i already have a bunch of single player games, and also i have a bunch of freinds who play the 360 and i don't really know any one with a Ps3.

About the gamerscore system, when i first saw it i liked it. I got points for doing something that i enjoyed. It was a shame microsoft don't actually let you do something with the points. As far as i see GS now, its just a bunch of numbers under my gamertag. If microsoft decided to incorperate them into something like new avatar awards or something, maybe then i would see them worth while. (My mates also take the micky as i have alot more then them -_-; ) Still, i love the little bleep bloop sound when an achievement is unlocked.

Made by the awesome Tealize

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 03:26:29 AM »
Still, i love the little bleep bloop sound when an achievement is unlocked.

Sadly, this is my favorite aspect of my new slim.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
  • I am here, just busy. And ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 03:29:44 AM »
I would of thought that constant beeping would drive people insane. I would seriously argue with it.

"Beep. Yes i know you are turning on, i just pressed your power button...." Conversation most proberly start off like that >_>.

Made by the awesome Tealize